PDA

View Full Version : If suave gets to vent, I get to gloat.

sylbry
05-02-2006, 02:16 PM
I had one of those experiences the other weeks which makes you love ebay. I found a Bo Jackson bat that wasn't listed as game used or game issued, rather just a Bo Jackson Louisville Slugger bat. The picture was poor and didn't show the entire bat. The description said the price was written on the knob by the shopowner he bought it from. I looked at the pictures closely and determined it looked like a game bat used from 1986 to 1989. I could barely make out the model number and it was a model number of a Bo gamer I had previously owned. Then I noticed what appeared to be a marking from a bat rack.

I took a chance on it and won it at $21. Upon receiving it I realized it was in fact a Bo Jackson game used bat. It has light pine tar on the handle which is consistent with other Bo bats I have owned. It also has tons rack markings and other markings that couldn't be seen in the photo. As far as the price written on the knob, it blew my mind when I saw "16" written there.

Next to the Comisky Park wooden stadium seat I won for $30, this has to be my best ebay find.

Just thought I would share. As you probobly can tell I am still pretty happy about it. Sure beats paying $200 to $300 for a Bo gamer.

BULBUS
05-02-2006, 02:56 PM
Some people don't know exactly what they have, they don't know how to use Ebay, and they figure they can get a few bucks for something that is laying around collecting dust.

A couple of years ago, I can across a Don Mattingly bat on Ebay. It was listed as an autographed Louisville Slugger bat, no pictures, not much of a description. The guy had a starting bid of 250 so I asked him a few questions. In his response, he mentions that the bat was used by Mattingly and he got it from another Yankee player. I guess no one else asked questions, I bid 250 and won. I sold it at a very nice profit because I got an even better Mattingly bat on Ebay, probably an even bigger steal!

There are some hidden treasures on Ebay, if you have the time.