PDA

View Full Version : OT: Worst Ballpark Food Ever

godwulf
04-26-2009, 12:30 AM
Two words: Garlic Fries.

Now I like garlic, in moderation, and sometimes even a bit more than that...but these past couple of years, my ballpark has been infested by an imported "delicacy" from somewhere back East, in the form of french fries so heavily doused with garlic that a single order can make an entire section smell like the dumpster behind an Italian restaurant.

The stomach-turning stench coming off of these things is enough to make me want to just stay home and watch the game on t.v.

godwulf
04-26-2009, 12:32 AM
I'm sorry - I meant to post this in Game Used Memorabillia Discussion...where it will be only slightly less off-topic. :rolleyes:

Would somebody who has the power to do so please delete this post and move the thread to that board?

Thanks!

BULBUS
04-27-2009, 09:31 AM
That would be a WEST coast thing. I went to both ball parks in San Fran and Oakland, and I couldnt stand the stench :eek:

suicide_squeeze
04-27-2009, 09:54 AM
That would be a WEST coast thing. I went to both ball parks in San Fran and Oakland, and I couldnt stand the stench :eek:

Yep....AT&T Park (or whatever they call it now, I can't keep up) in San Fran is known for those little gems (garlic fries)....and eating them will make you.......well..........bulbus.:o

The best place to eat if you are at a game in San Fran is in deep center field, a stand that sells Cajan chicken-on-rice bowls......mmmmmmmmmm! They have sauses on the side, and the best one is a spicey barbeque hot sause......it's to die for.

And the polish sausages are a can't-miss either.

But......there's nothing like a Dodger dog!:D

tbone90
04-27-2009, 11:46 AM
Deep fried jalapenos... Although these should probably should be catagorized as the Worst DAY AFTER Ballpark Food. During the game they go quite well with a cold beer.

It was a toss up for me though with sushi as a contender as well.

godwulf
04-27-2009, 01:52 PM
I got to thinking about it after I posted, and remembered that the whole
garlic fries thing did, reportedly, start in SF.

I can remember once in the Navy, at a cookout on Diego Garcia, eating and enjoying our Chief's garlic chicken, consumed along with mass quantities of beer, and then discovering the next day that the stuff was absolutely inedible - we'd all just been too drunk to notice.

I'm wondering whether the beer and garlic fries sales at the ballpark are correlated in any way.

quiggle28
04-27-2009, 04:00 PM
How could anyone say anything bad about garlic? Not only is it mouth watering on just about anything but healthy for you. I wish they had those fries in East Coast ballparks.

yanks12025
04-27-2009, 04:03 PM
Yankee stadium has garlic fries, but i have not tryed them yet.

Fnazxc0114
04-27-2009, 08:47 PM
garlic fries are by far the worst thing ever invented.

godwulf
04-27-2009, 09:53 PM
How could anyone say anything bad about garlic? Not only is it mouth watering on just about anything but healthy for you. I wish they had those fries in East Coast ballparks.

Again, I do like garlic...but the sheer amount of garlic they put on these things is truly nauseting. When I wrote that a single order was enough to stink up an entire section, I was not exaggerating...and it lingers forever.

suicide_squeeze
04-27-2009, 11:15 PM

Yeah?

Wait until you sit downwind of a big fat guy chomping down a plate of these grease-sticks.....it's enough to give you instant swine flu!