PDA

View Full Version : Stadium Seats

skipcareyisfat
05-02-2006, 11:56 AM
Back in the mid-90s I went to a Nashville Sounds game and noticed that half the stadium was filled with old, blue, wooden seats. It turned out that they came from Atlanta Fulton County Stadium following the Braves' stadium renovation in the late 70s. At the time the Sounds were in the middle of renovating thier stadium as well and were selling seat pairs for $50. I bought a pair and still have them. Looking back, I wish I would've bought more. I also remember seeing piles of the broken blue seats and various parts behind the outfield wall. I'm sure they were thrown away.

Does anyone collect or have any stadium seats in their collection?

-Jason

suave1477
05-02-2006, 12:06 PM
This is a great topic and i am glad it was brought up i would like an opinion on something also.

Someone is offering me in mint condition Ebbets Field press box stadium seats. How much are these worth or what is a reasonable amount to pay for them?

Also how do I know they are real? Is there anything particularly to look for to tell me if they are real or fakes?

skipcareyisfat
05-02-2006, 03:06 PM
I have no idea how you would authenticate those, or a lot of seats for that matter. Some had team logos on the sides and others, like the Braves, were fairly plain. Best bet might be to ask someone who deals in authentic stadium seats. Refurbished seats may even be harder to authenticate. Anyway, Ebbets seats are pretty expensive so you may want to pursue that deal. Do a google search for "stadium seats" + "vintage" or the name of an old stadium. You'll pull up a few dealers.

sfgiants452
05-02-2006, 08:44 PM
Hi,

I have a pair of Yankee Stadium seats from when they renovated the stadium back in 1973 or 1974. The only problem was my dad wasn't as smart as everyone, some people brought wrenches to unscrew the seats. He decided to rip them out. Well since he was in a hurry before security stopped him, he ripped the tops and handles off the top of both seats. So I only have that, not the actual part you sit on.

Anthony

geoff
05-03-2006, 03:45 PM
I went to a local memoribilia store today and they had 2 stadium seats from Veterans stadium.I picked up 1 of them for 75.00 with a little talk down of the price.Good or bad price for this seat.

suave1477
05-03-2006, 04:01 PM
Well im kind of funny when it comes to comaring prices I personally think its a great price / Why you may ask? bcuz what would it cost you to buy the same seat or a regular seat for your house about the same right!!!

So its worth it!!

Same thing when it comes to a Game Used Jersey, I personally like to wear Jerseys so a retail Majestic Authentic jersey can cost about $150, So if you come across some no name player Game Used Jersey for the same or less of a team or style you like to me then its worth the money bcuz you would have to spend that same amount on a retail Jersey, so why not buy an actual made for game and actually worn by a real player jersey?

sfgiants452
05-03-2006, 10:58 PM
Hi Geoff,

I was just wondering where the store you purchased the seat is located. I am from New Jersey so I am hoping it is somewhere within the tri-state area or Pennsylvania.

Anthony

geoff
05-04-2006, 02:04 AM
Anthony the store is in Baltimore.Geoff

suave1477
05-04-2006, 10:10 AM
Geoff where in Baltimore im going to be there in about a month or so. Ill be at the Orioles vs. White sox game.
Is it near the stadium?

geoff
05-04-2006, 12:15 PM
The store is no where near the stadium.Its not in downtown Baltimore its right around the corner from Ravens training camp.Its in a place called Westminister MD.

vintagesportscollector
05-04-2006, 01:38 PM
sfginats452- Where in NJ are you? Archer seating in Pittsgrove NJ has thousands of Veterans Stadium seats that they removed from the stadium. They are really really cheap, depending on style, and I think less than $75. I bought an old stadium seat from them last year that I picked up. They are excellent to deal with.

Here is a link to them..

http://www.vetstadium.com/

Email and contact info is on bottom of their web page.

dmbbfan
05-04-2006, 05:35 PM
the current clean sweep auction has a few stadium seats up right now.

they have a briggs/navin/tiger stadium seat exactly like one that i purchased 9 years ago.

www.csauctions.com (http://www.csauctions.com)

craig

skipcareyisfat
05-04-2006, 05:51 PM
That's a cool site. I almost wish I was a Phillies fan. What a minute...what am I saying? Anyway, I like the idea of building your own seat. Nothing beats the old wooden ones, even if they're a hodgepodge of parts. It's too bad they're so darn expensive to ship. If not for that, I'd think a lot more people would collect them. I've definitely been tempted to bid on a few that have come up on eBay.

sfginats452- Where in NJ are you? Archer seating in Pittsgrove NJ has thousands of Veterans Stadium seats that they removed from the stadium. They are really really cheap, depending on style, and I think less than $75. I bought an old stadium seat from them last year that I picked up. They are excellent to deal with.

Here is a link to them..

http://www.vetstadium.com/

Email and contact info is on bottom of their web page.

sfgiants452
05-04-2006, 05:51 PM
Thanks Geoff. I will be down there in July for a game, i will have to stop by there.

Anthony