PDA

View Full Version : Paypal, Japan, Help!

spartakid
04-24-2009, 12:04 AM
Ok, I've touched on this before, but I will be shipping an item to Japan when my auction is over on ebay because the top bidders are all Japanese. I was wondering if you could tell me what carrier I should use to ship and what sort of shipping I should use. I just learned that ebay has new rules and holds pay until the buyer says they recieved the item. I don't want to have the buyer scam me and say they didn't get the item and get a refund. I read that some people insure an empty envelope and put that into ebay, is that a good idea? Please help me out on this one. thank you, Ricardo

jetersbatboy
04-24-2009, 12:17 AM
I use USPS express international, its fast, tracking works well, and probably the most safe and cost effective. I have ship a lot this way and never had a problem.

jetersbatboy
04-24-2009, 12:25 AM
Also if you high bidder is who I think it is, I have never had a problem with him. Pays fast and leaves good feedbacks.

spartakid
04-24-2009, 12:34 AM
Scott- thanks for the response, you must know what item i'm referring to. What would you guess it costs to ship the jerseys to japan using the service you mentioned? thanks, Ricardo

jetersbatboy
04-24-2009, 12:37 AM
I know it cost me about $40 to ship a 4 pound box, not sure about a jersey. If I had to guess I'd say about $25-30.

gnishiyama
04-24-2009, 12:39 AM
Ricardo,
Are you talking about this lot??>
http://cgi.ebay.com/Kaz-Tadano-Game-Used-Worn-Jersey-Lot-Oakland-As-COA_W0QQitemZ220397369979QQihZ012QQcategoryZ60597Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Tadano never played a single game, matter of fact never played a single MLB
game since 2005. You admitted to me via email and via GU Classified that
these jerseys are probably issued however these are now clearly offered as game-used in your auction.

Please let me know how you came to your conclusion that these are now
game used. I may just bid on them.

Thanks
Goh Nishiyama

spartakid
04-24-2009, 12:40 AM
Ok, good, that's what I told all the people that emailed me it would cost (between $25-$35) and that includes delivery confirmation and insurance right?

spartakid
04-24-2009, 12:45 AM
Yes, that is my auction and I spoke with you earlier about the jerseys and I called the A's regarding it. The A's told me that the jerseys are considered game used because he did indeed wear the jerseys. I have told any buyer that has asked me that they jerseys show very little use. However, there are some loose seams and signs of washing. So I can't help but assume that he did wear these jerseys. I was under the impression that this was still considered game used. I haven't been at all decietful in answering any questions, I mwould just like to put that out there. Ricardo

spartakid
04-24-2009, 12:47 AM
I would also like to point out that I quoted the COA from the A's as saying game used, which it does as indicated in the picture on the auction.

gnishiyama
04-24-2009, 12:54 AM
Ricardo,
If he did indeed wear the jersey, even if he were sitting on the bench,
it is considered game used. I was just wondering if he was ever even
brought up to an A's game. The Team LOA means nothing. I was just hoping
you came up with something else since if it is indeed game worn its a good
pickup especially with those patches.

Thanks
Goh Nishiyama

spartakid
04-24-2009, 12:58 AM
I was unable to find any pics of him actually using them, but the team, which is really all I have to go on, did tell me that he wore them. But, I can confirm that he was at the major league level, so they are his jerseys. I checked it on wikipedia, so he was in fact at the major leagure level with the A's. Hopes this clears it up. Ricardo

P.S. I would really appreciate it if anyone could find pics of tadano using one of my jerseys. thank you