PDA

View Full Version : I missed out and im pissed!!!

suave1477
05-02-2006, 09:11 AM
Sorry guys just need somewhere to vent for a little bit.

I wasnt that big into the world baseball classic but i thought it would be cool to pick up a retail USA jersey to wear every now and again but I had no rush to get it becuz i fgured its something that will always be around like any other jersey. I went to the Yankees game the other day and in the store they had a couple left of the Majestic Replica jerseys, Which is ok but i prefer the Majestic Authentics.
So I took a look online at Majestic.com and there not making them any more!!!

So all I see left out there are the Majestic replicas I searched ebay and theres like 20 Jeter Majestic replicas all over prices and I found 1 Majestic Authnetic Jeter overpriced.

I am kicking myself now bcuz I should have picked one up when they were available.

ham1963
05-02-2006, 09:14 AM
Sometimes the sleeping bird does not get the worm:D

mr.miracle
05-02-2006, 09:53 AM
I wouldn't worry too much. Based on the pathetic performance of Team USA I wouldn't wear those things in public anyway. I think somebody kidnapped our offense and replaced it with a bunch of stifs

suave1477
05-02-2006, 10:17 AM
Mr Miracle now thats funny!!

I hear ya but I actually liked the colors.

Well how about the dominican team or Venezuelan team was that a World Baseball Classic team or more like a Dream Team for the Olympics.

mr.miracle
05-02-2006, 12:26 PM
Without going off on too much of a tagent here, I continue to be amazed that the U.S. never seems to learn the importance of team play vs. superstars. We continue to think that we can throw the most talented players together i.e. Olympic basketball as a good example, and we will beat everybody else. The fact that other countries have teams that play together for years is a fact that seems lost on us. Fourteen years ago when the original dream team was used, the other teams were star struck. Not anymore and until we figure out how to blend teams with chemistry we will continue to lose in these international tournaments. Of course it does not help that all of our players were off for the better part of five months prior to this tournament and the same cannot be said of other carribean nations etc. Anyway, those jersey's were pretty sharp. Anybody wonder why at big game tournament or playoff time, ARod seems MIA? If memory serves me correct he stunk it up in this tourney just like in the playoffs last year against the Angels.

suave1477
05-02-2006, 01:38 PM
MrMiracle I agree to disagree with you on this one you are correct that the US always thinks its unbeatable, but like you said years ago with the original dream team was all the top nba players with all the top nba player back ups. Today!! Our top players do not even want to be bothred with game involving the country unless there is big money involved if you notice in the Olympic basketball games its not always the top guys who are playing but the 2nd tier players and 3rd tier players as the back ups.

As far as the USA worldbaseball classic look how many top american athletes were supposed to be involved and never particapated one that comes to mind is Clemens - His commercials were plastered all over about being a part of the Classic and he never particapated. as well as other players.

Look at the dominican replublic team there starting catcher is a Veteran Major league 3rd tier back up catcher. (Alberto Castillo)

Patrick002
05-02-2006, 07:02 PM
What did you mean? Clemens did pitch in the WBC. His record was 1-1. He was the pitcher of record when Team USA lost to Team Mexico and got eliminated.

suave1477
05-02-2006, 07:35 PM
Patrick if thats true then i apologize i was not aware o f him pitching during the WBC then again as I stated before I really had no interest in these games so i only saw the highlights on channel 7 news at 11pm and he wasnt in them lmao lmao:D