PDA

View Full Version : Mets black road jerseys 2009

metsbats
04-23-2009, 08:20 PM
Today in St. Louis the Mets wore black jerseys with "METS" on the front instead of the "NEW YORK". The Citi Field patch were not on these jersey just like the road greys they wore on opening day in Cinci by design.

I wonder if these are the new road black jerseys or did they pack the wrong wardrobe and defective ones too as the Citi Field Patch was missing.

metsbats
04-23-2009, 08:22 PM
The Wright photo should be date 4/17 Citi Field (not 4/27)

dcrules01
04-23-2009, 09:37 PM
They did away with the road black alts sporting New York across the chest.The Home black alt will be worn on the road and home. I do not believe a reason was giving..It was mentioned on MBTN before spring training even started...

metsbats
04-23-2009, 10:27 PM
Scott,

Thanks for the info!

Interesting decision.

xpress34
04-24-2009, 12:38 AM
They did away with the road black alts sporting New York across the chest.The Home black alt will be worn on the road and home. I do not believe a reason was giving..It was mentioned on MBTN before spring training even started...

Sounds similar to the Rangers. All of their NEW (with the Western Lettering) Jerseys for this year are supposed to Read TEXAS across the front - home and road - no more 'Rangers' on any of their jerseys (maybe BP, but not sure) - this is from the Rangers website:

"We are very pleased with the new look that our 2009 uniforms will provide," Rangers president Nolan Ryan said. "We will have some great alternatives with blue and red jerseys to go with our more traditional home white and road gray tops. We will have consistency with all of our uniform tops with 'Texas' across the front. I think all fans will like the new designs." ( http://texas.rangers.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090123&content_id=3766594&vkey=news_tex&fext=.jsp&c_id=tex )

While looking for that link, I found this somewhat unrelated drivel:

"My Southern brother is not speculating. He is a professional in the field of sports uniforms and helmets. He emails some industry scoop:

OK…sometimes I have the most obscure knowledge given my career path….similar to MSNBC’s Morning Joe program feature of “News You Can’t Use” …that’s me

1. The Rangers had to make a special appeal to Major League Baseball to request wearing BLACK shoes. MLB dictates / requires that a team’s shoe color be their dominant uniform color. Also, MLB defines the dominant uniform color as that which applies to 75% of their uniform. Therefore, MLB requires one of their teams colors to be 75% of their uniform from head to toe." ( http://theendzone.blogspot.com/2009/01/texas-rangers-new-2009-uniforms.html )

Really??? 75%??? Wouldn't that mean that every teams shoes would be either WHITE or GREY??? The Rockies wear Black Cleats and the only black on their Unis (when not wearing the black vests or BP jerseys is their undershirts, socks, caps and part of the Rockies Logo and Numbers - but it ain't 75% of their dominant color...

Now, maybe I am reading this wrong, or maybe he wrote it wrong and he meant to 75% of their Dominant TEAM Color... but even then, when Todd Jones was here, he wore BRIGHT ASS Purple Nike Cleats regardless of the Uni of the Day and Purple has never been 75% of the Rockies Uni color - even when they wore the Purple Alt jerseys. Maybe 60%...

Anyway, just my .02 and poking fun at a writer...

- Chris

MichaelofSF
04-24-2009, 02:36 AM
they said on the telecast that they did away with the new york alternate jerseys this year