PDA

View Full Version : Legendary: Arod bat

kingjammy24
04-21-2009, 04:42 PM
perusing legendary's current offerings, i came across this: http://www.legendaryauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=96683

i know john taube is well aware that blonde G174s are primarily (if not entirely) BP bats for rodriguez, regardless of arod's "game used" inscriptions. in one of his blog posts, taube warned that "..many bats signed and represented as "game-used" are not what they appear to be. ..We have seen bats signed as game-used that have only been used in batting practice". given this, i thought it was odd that the auction description (which typically is copied from the authenticator's loa) completely neglected to mention any likely BP use. i asked john for his letter on the bat so i could see what the actual LOA said. john's LOA on the bat states:

"Please note that the G174 is predominantly used by Rodriguez for batting practice. This has been his practice for several years. However, we can not discount entirely the possibility that on occasion Rodriguez has used the G174 model during a Major League game"

taube seems to be well-regarded when it comes to bat authenticating and clearly he included that information in his letter because he felt it was important to disclose. apparently, legendary disagreed as they chose to omit it entirely. no need to tell potential bidders that the bat is likely a BP bat.

new auction house name, same old mastro shenanigans. REA, on the other hand, seems to regularly bend over backwards in order to include any and all pertinent information on its lots, regardless of whether the information could possibly reduce the hammer price.

rudy.