PDA

View Full Version : Do You Consider This Vince Young Jersey Game Used?

DoctorLoomis
04-21-2009, 06:55 AM
http://vintageauthentics.at.truition.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=87929514&prmenbr=57735959&aunbr=88276224

When I first saw this jersey from a search of old auctions, something immediately jumped out at me....and it isnt the sleeves. Its the nameplate. As I have said on this board many times, nameplate issues can raise some serious red flags. I know this jersey could NOT have been worn in the 06 regular season. The only time it could have been worn was a preseason game in August of 2006. Thus I ask if you guys on here would value this jersey less or would not consider it game used since it was a preseason item? I know that I personally would not value the item as highly if it werent regular season game used. On the other hand, playoff and even Super Bowl jerseys would bring a premium price. Just curious on your opinions............

JasonBanz
04-21-2009, 08:14 AM
Why couldn't it have been worn in the regular season? Everything seems to check out ok with me.

DoctorLoomis
04-21-2009, 09:21 AM
The nameplate does not match. Young jerseys had cropped plates during the regular season. In the preseason, the nameplates were full length. This jersey could not have been worn in the regular season....I checked every game.