PDA

View Full Version : McAuliffe Findings

karamaxjoe
04-20-2009, 08:25 PM
Lon's stuff has been up for a few days now and yet no comments? I expected to see a few jerseys, but not the huge selection.

With this large lot of jerseys that exist in just a small percentage of collectors hands, how many can we expect to be in the hobby from others who are not as ethical? If you were to take that lot of jerseys Lon presented and sell them in one of the suspect auction houses, the take would be at least 100K easy.

Just my opinion, but the Red Sox and A's collectors will have a much tougher job evaluating 70's stuff from here on out.

Rob L
04-20-2009, 11:53 PM
An awesome resource. Lon should be highly commended. Between Lon's information regarding the McAuliffe jerseys and Tom Duino's recollection of the Goodman jerseys being sold with the MLB tagging in the 1980s, jerseys from this era are a bit scary to deal with.

xpress34
04-21-2009, 01:24 AM
Guys -

Any chance you could post a link to the McAuliffe findings you are talking about?

I would love to check out sourc material on McAuliffe since nothing comes up in Google searches and such.

I am also interested if anyone has any info on KM Pro or The Leslie CO - both also out of Boston...

Thanks!

- Chris

Rob L
04-21-2009, 01:28 AM
Guys -

Any chance you could post a link to the McAuliffe findings you are talking about?

I would love to check out sourc material on McAuliffe since nothing comes up in Google searches and such.

I am also interested if anyone has any info on KM Pro or The Leslie CO - both also out of Boston...

Thanks!

- Chris

Hey Chris,

It's one of the forums now. Go to the GUU home page and check out the last forum listed.

ChrisCavalier
04-21-2009, 12:00 PM
Guys -

Hello Chris,

Sorry you missed our previous post on the subject we made on Sunday. It is the first "sticky" thread in the 'Game Used Memorabilia Discussion' folder. Here is the content from the post:

I just wanted to take a moment to let everyone know we just opened a new forum folder on GUU entitled “McAuliffe Jersey Information”. The forum folder was created in response to a dialog on the GUU forum a short while back regarding McAuliffe jerseys and the goal of this section is to provide collectors with information pertaining to how jerseys were attained through McAuliffe/Stall and Dean years ago.

For anyone using this forum, I hope you will all join me in thanking Lon Lewis for the time and energy he spent compiling and presenting this information. Personally, I think this information is invaluable to today’s collectors and this hobby should be thankful for people like Lon who have invested so much of their own time with the sole purpose of trying to help the collecting community.

I will be the first to say thank you Lon. I am so glad there are people like you in the hobby.

Here is a link to the forum folder:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20

commando
04-21-2009, 01:19 PM
Wow... this information is incredible, powerful, and potentially devastating to the values of McAuliffe jerseys that were previously believed to be game worn. I love older jerseys because they are usually easy to identify as the real thing. But McAuliffe jerseys, on the other hand.....