PDA

View Full Version : Hunt auction today. Any winners?

33bird
04-18-2009, 08:19 PM
Man they had some great, great Bulls (tons of MJ items with Bulls coas) and Celtics game used items- besides other things. Any winners?
Greg

trsent
04-18-2009, 08:30 PM
Man they had some great, great Bulls (tons of MJ items with Bulls coas) and Celtics game used items- besides other things. Any winners?
Greg

Greg, I went to the preview last night and it was amazing.

The Italian American Museum had some amazing memorabilia also. Though the Macho Man robe was one of my favorites, it was really cool to see the repair marks on the Jimbo Covert jersey they had on display in the museum upstairs.

I guess it was just cool to see what a real vintage Bears gamer looked like.

dirtyla2000
04-18-2009, 09:14 PM
bid upto 4200.00 for Kobe s shoes he wore last xmas against the the celtics!they went for 7200.00! they were amazing!

sportscentury
04-19-2009, 12:06 AM
bid upto 4200.00 for Kobe s shoes he wore last xmas against the the celtics!they went for 7200.00! they were amazing!

I had asked around about this pair of shoes, then saw that it turned up in Hunt Auctions. However, I did not bid. There is a pretty good close-up shot of Kobe's shoes on Getty from the Christmas day game (see first photo below). Notice the dark scuff/smudge marks to the front and side of the toe of the left shoe. These sort of scuff/smudge marks are not uncommon on NBA shoes as there is a lot of stepping on each other's feet during regular play (especially around the basket). I do not see these marks on the shoes in the Hunt photo (even after blowing them up and adjusting color, brightness, etc.; the photos below are without any enhancements). Since I could not see a match, I decided against bidding. Earlier in the season, Kobe received a lot of shoes from Nike promoting his new model (Zoom Kobe IV), and this Christmas colorway was one of the first to be showcased. Please understand that I am NOT saying the shoes are not from the Christmas game; only that I didn't pursue them because I didn't see a match. Either way, for $7200 before the juice, Kobe's Christmas day uniform would need to be included for me to have interest (as an aside, Kobe's Christmas jersey was auctioned off by NBA/MeiGray earlier this year and went for a pretty penny, as well).

PK
04-19-2009, 07:53 AM
I am all for a good pair of shoes, but it looks like the Hamburgler or Ronald himself should be wearing those:D

nickacs
04-19-2009, 02:12 PM
I wish I could've bid on one of the Jordan jerseys but all of them were a little too high for me this time around. Buying via CharitaBulls is about the only way to make sure they are pretty legit.. Ahh, someday! :)