PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!! Should I ship to Taiwan

Manram
04-16-2009, 11:36 PM
Hello, I just recently listed an item on ebay, and I got a question asking whether or not I would ship to Taiwan. He said he could pay by paypal. I think that this would make the transaction safe, but I've heard of scams being run by people asking for items to be shipped to Taiwan. Any help would be appreciated. thank you, Manny

Manram
04-16-2009, 11:38 PM
Can you also give me an idea of how much shipping should be. I checked it out and it seemed like $30 would cover it. thanks again.

whatupyos
04-16-2009, 11:38 PM
It's always a judgement call. I personally only like shipping to US only. I feel more comfortable. I have received questions asking to ship to Canada. I would do that but anywhere farther, I'm not so comfortable.

Aaron

stretch
04-16-2009, 11:39 PM
I've shipped there plenty of times. The same goes for other places overseas. Just make sure the money clears from paypal. Big collectors outside the United States.

stretch
04-16-2009, 11:41 PM
Can you also give me an idea of how much shipping should be. I checked it out and it seemed like $30 would cover it. thanks again.

What item will you be shipping? I can't remember the past as much, but last week I mailed a jersey to China, and it cost roughly $15.

Dewey2007
04-16-2009, 11:45 PM
Hello, I just recently listed an item on ebay, and I got a question asking whether or not I would ship to Taiwan. He said he could pay by paypal. I think that this would make the transaction safe, but I've heard of scams being run by people asking for items to be shipped to Taiwan. Any help would be appreciated. thank you, Manny

Not sure what your item is but I shipped a jersey to New Zealand and it cost around $38 for international priority mail. I shipped the item in one of the free priority boxes from the Post Office. If you do ship make sure to ask the buyer what they want listed on the Customs form. This could make a difference in them possibly paying more money.

Manram
04-17-2009, 12:35 AM
It's a few jerseys that I'm looking to ship, I'll just go on the side of caution and tell the person $40, and pay anything over that, but I think it should be enough. Are the customs papers very involved and time consuming? I've never shipped internationally before.

both-teams-played-hard
04-17-2009, 12:43 AM
Yes, fill out the customs form before you get in line. Mark as "gift" to save your customer some fees.

Dewey2007
04-17-2009, 12:49 AM
It's a few jerseys that I'm looking to ship, I'll just go on the side of caution and tell the person $40, and pay anything over that, but I think it should be enough. Are the customs papers very involved and time consuming? I've never shipped internationally before.

No, I don't remember the customs form being to involved or time consuming. There are a couple of different forms so just make sure you get the correct one for your particular shipping order.

David
04-17-2009, 12:52 AM
I shipped a Mets WS press pin to Taiwan last year and had no trouble.

Manram
04-17-2009, 01:01 AM
Ok guys, thanks so much for the help, it was very useful. I think I'll go ahead and tell him I'll ship to him. thanks again

bigtruck260
04-17-2009, 01:19 AM
I shipped a Japanese player's bat to Japan, and it was a terrific deal. I got more than I wanted - he got the bat in a week. IF they pay you, and you want to sell it...go for it.

Sincityson
04-17-2009, 09:23 AM
I've shipped to Taiwan twice before and have never had any problems. Regular airmail only took about a week.

Manram
04-17-2009, 11:10 AM
Do you think I should use UPS or USPS? thanks, Ricardo

Texans
04-17-2009, 11:11 AM
Just make sure you have a tracking number. If for some reason the buyer said he never got the item, Paypal will take the money out of your account. This has happen to me a couple of times when I shipped some baseball cards.

Jojo

Manram
04-17-2009, 11:26 AM
Ha didn't sign out again, anyway, ok I think I feel a lot better about this,but would you guys say UPS or USPS?

David
04-17-2009, 01:30 PM
I ship a fair amount internationally, mostly Western Europe, and have had little to troubles. Checking their feedback and what they buy and sell, you can get a strong idea if they are legitimate. The guy I sold the baseball press pin to in Taiwan had a good feedback ad his history showed that he bought and sold baseball memorabilia.

David
04-17-2009, 01:42 PM
Another thng, with certain items you can half-expect international bidding. I put up on eBay a 1960 England World Cup soccer uniform (jersey, shorts, shoes) worn in a movie. I would have been dim to have been shocked to find out the winning bid came from England.

I remember a Canadian hockey card collector saying the dumbest thing he saw was American sellers of Canadian hockey cards who block Canadians from bidding.