PDA

View Full Version : Cost of Meigray photo matching??

jetersbatboy
04-15-2009, 01:08 AM
Does anyone know the cost of photo matching with Meigray? I cant seem to find it on ther site.
Thanks Scott

Lokee
04-15-2009, 01:23 AM
http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=static/Newsroom.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=800437&scId=6991&page=newsitem&catParentID=$catParentID

Lokee
04-15-2009, 01:24 AM
In the news and at the forefront of jersey collecting. http://www.meigray.com/ctlimg/blank.gif
November 17, 2005

MeiGray Group Announces Authenticating

Agreement with Getty Images

BRANCHBURG, NEW JERSEY _ MeiGray Group, the game-worn jersey company that directs the NHL-MGG Game-Worn Jersey Authentication Program, has entered into a working agreement with Getty Images that will enable game-worn jersey collectors to acquire enhanced photographic letters of authentication.

Under the new working agreement with the world’s pre-eminent sports photography studio, MeiGray has been authorized to download dated game-worn jersey images that conclusively authenticate game-worn jerseys sold by MeiGray under its MGG and MeiGray Vintage labels, and for the NHL-MGG Game-Worn Jersey Authentication Program.

“We know collectors love the Getty Images, but have been unable to purchase them individually,” said MGG President Barry Meisel. “Now, through this arrangement, they can.”

These enhanced photographic LOAs will be printed on high-quality 8 X 10 photo-paper stock. They will conclusively “photo-match” the jersey purchased and will include the NHL-MGG Authentication Program number, the date of the photo, and the location from which it was taken.

Collectors who pre-order NHL-MGG jerseys can also pre-order the enhanced photographic LOAs at that time by calling MeiGray toll-free at 888-463-4472. Collectors who have purchased game-worn jerseys in the past can also order enhanced photographic LOAs, where available.

The enhanced photographic letters of authenticity are priced as follows:

$35 for jerseys with a retail price of $495 or less.
$50 for jerseys with a retail price of $695 or less.
$75 for jerseys with a retail price of $2,495 or less.
$100 for jerseys with a retail price of $2,500 or more that are already registered into the NHL-MGG Game-Worn Authenticaton Program or MeiGrade Registration System.
For jerseys not purchased from MeiGray that need to be Authenticated, this initial pricing tier applies to jerseys priced $1,000 or more:

$100 for jerseys valued up to $1,495
$150 for jerseys valued up to $2,495
$200 for jerseys valued up to $3,995
$250 and up for jerseys valued $4,000 and higher, depending upon the hours of research necessary to authenticate the jersey.

jetersbatboy
04-15-2009, 01:39 AM
Thanks for the post Lokee!! Do you know if they do the same for bat?

shoremen44
04-15-2009, 10:22 AM
Why not just buy the image yourself... then you actually have a high-res version of it...

jetersbatboy
04-15-2009, 12:30 PM
Bert,
I was hoping that meigray would be able to have acsses to more photos. I couldn't find a picture from the game I'm looking for. Also how do you purchase from getty?
Thanks

PK
04-15-2009, 04:32 PM
Why not just buy the image yourself... then you actually have a high-res version of it...

Have you ever tried to buy a photo from Getty? If and when you can get a hold of them they will tell you a couple hundred dollars for a photo and then ask you if you are a professional photographer with a license of some sort in order to buy.

If you have a had a different scenario and are able to purchase for less of a price, please contact me ASAP at swampy1220 at yahoo dot com

shoremen44
04-15-2009, 10:20 PM
email sent

justinwc80
04-15-2009, 11:20 PM
I have the same problem if you know how to purchase at reasonable price!

rose14
04-16-2009, 08:22 AM
SHOREMEN, I am also interested in purchasing a Getty image. Please email me your purchasing info to tje42404@insightbb.com

Thanks
Todd

skinsfan0521
04-16-2009, 04:31 PM
Does anybody know if they do this sort of thing for NFL items? I'd be interested in getting a couple jerseys and maybe some gloves photomatched if they do, but it never says anything about NFL, just NHL.

Also, if you do have a way to get cheap Getty images, I'd definitely like to know. I've tried talking to supervisors and everything at Getty just to see if I could print ONE picture for MYSELF to get signed by an athlete and they always come up with the several hundred dollar option.

Thanks a lot!

-Brian

sportscentury
04-16-2009, 06:59 PM
Folks,

MeiGray is not one of those companies that fails to respond to calls/emails or is otherwise inaccessible. Barry Meisel is easily contacted at sales@meigray.com and he responds to emails with detailed answers very quickly. With respect to your various questions about MeiGray's photomatching service, I would recommend simply dropping Barry an email, or calling him (toll free: 888-463-4472).

Best,
Reid

skinsfan0521
04-16-2009, 07:04 PM
I sent him an email last night about the Photomatching and one a couple days before that about being added to the "wish list", but didn't hear back from either one.

I suppose there was no real reply necessary to the one about the wish list, but I would've expected some sort of reply saying something about that he at least got the email and some sort of comment about the likelihood of getting something for me (of NY Giants OL Chris Snee), but I was expecting an email back within 24hrs about the photomatching.

Anyway, maybe he's caught up in something and hopefully he'll get back to me soon.

Thanks for the info though. I haven't dealt with them before, so it's good to hear that they usually get back pretty quickly.

Thanks a lot!

-Brian

sportscentury
04-16-2009, 09:25 PM
I sent him an email last night about the Photomatching and one a couple days before that about being added to the "wish list", but didn't hear back from either one.

I suppose there was no real reply necessary to the one about the wish list, but I would've expected some sort of reply saying something about that he at least got the email and some sort of comment about the likelihood of getting something for me (of NY Giants OL Chris Snee), but I was expecting an email back within 24hrs about the photomatching.

Anyway, maybe he's caught up in something and hopefully he'll get back to me soon.

Thanks for the info though. I haven't dealt with them before, so it's good to hear that they usually get back pretty quickly.

Thanks a lot!

-Brian

Brian,
Barry will get back you - he may be particularly busy this week. You can also call the toll free number. Ask for Barry or Jason Rubin (Jason is extremely professional and helpful, as well). I don't see why photomatching NFL jerseys would be a problem for them, but they can tell you for sure. They sell mostly hockey but are getting more and more basketball/NBA. They have also had some team contracts in football/NFL (e.g., Eagles, Giants) and, at one point, the Texas Rangers in baseball/MLB.
Reid

500goals
04-16-2009, 09:50 PM
Brian, I believe that Barry was traveling the last 2 days. He will get back to you. R

BarryMeisel
04-17-2009, 11:00 AM
Thanks for posting, Raifie.

Brian, sorry for not responding sooner. I spent the last 48 hours in my car with my wife and son, college visiting, and fell a little behind on my e-mails (when will they create a 5-foot blackberry so I can type with my fat fingers on the damn thing!!!)

And Stu Oxenhorn, our lead authenticator and photo-matching master, was traveling Wednesday through today so he would have responded on Monday.

In any case, I you e-mail me (and copy Stu at soxenhorn@meigray.com) with the details of which jersey or jerseys you want photo-matched, we'll be happy to help.

Thanks, Barry

skinsfan0521
04-17-2009, 10:36 PM
Barry, I just sent an email to sales@meigray.com & soxenhorn@meigray.com.

I'd appreciate it if you could get back to me as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot!

-Brian

costas
04-28-2009, 09:18 AM
has anyone done this already? if so and there is a match does MeiGray just send you a photograph of that GettyImage or is there another letter of authenticity enclosed stating the photo matches the jersey, etc.?

quiggle28
05-14-2009, 10:42 AM
I just received back a jersey that was submitted to MeiGray and Stu Oxenhorn for evaluation for a possible photo-match and want to thank Stu, Barry and the rest of MeiGray's staff for the quick turnaround, courteous service and great photo selections and very professional looking LOAs. This is definitely a service well worth investing your time and resources towards, and kudos to MeiGray for making this available and giving us collectors a sense of security and peace of mind that the articles in our collection are genuine.

boomstick
01-21-2010, 09:22 PM
SHOREMEN, I am also interested in purchasing a Getty image. Please email me your purchasing info to tje42404@insightbb.com

Thanks
Todd

Yes, I would also like to know if you can get a discounted price of a print from Getty images. Let me know joenell@me.com

boomstick
01-21-2010, 09:25 PM

You can also buy photos off replayphotos.com. The selection isn't nearly as big as getty but they might have something comparable. $29.95 for an 8x10...
http://www.replayphotos.com/nflphotostore/#back