PDA

View Full Version : 103 MPH College Pitcher!

gameused
04-14-2009, 09:21 PM
This guy throws gas, check it out!

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=sh-strasburg032409&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

AWA85
04-14-2009, 09:24 PM
$$$$$$

10thMan
04-14-2009, 11:38 PM
Man, I`m off to watch him practice...

Maybe he`ll sign a Ball for me?

Sean

suave1477
04-14-2009, 11:46 PM
Yeah this topic was brought up a few weeks back on another thread.

Check out the video clip on the link. Cant wait to see what he dose in the Majors.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=24266&highlight=Strasburg

ndevlin
04-14-2009, 11:47 PM
The Nationals would be fools to pass him up. I believe his agent Boras though.

metsbats
04-15-2009, 06:59 AM
The Nats will sign him and then trade him to some other team for a lesser player. Just ask VintageDeputy:D

Vintagedeputy
04-15-2009, 07:20 AM
The Nats will sign him and then trade him to some other team for a lesser player. Just ask VintageDeputy:D

Actually, I'm going to be pitching for the Nats. Along with my cat, my 2 kids, my neighbor's dog and my dead grandmother. We couldn't do any worse than the starting 5 that the Nats have been putting on the mound so far.

tbone90
04-15-2009, 03:46 PM
Any of the above listed potential pitchers who don't make the cut please direct them to my Cleveland Indians. Our pitching has been a littel "suspect" to start the season... :eek:

suave1477
04-15-2009, 04:27 PM
Any of the above listed potential pitchers who don't make the cut please direct them to my Cleveland Indians. Our pitching has been a littel "suspect" to start the season... :eek:

Tbone I can;t belive you said that!! I am shocked.
You have one of the best pitchers out there CARL PAVANO lol lol:D

I have to ask what were you guys thinking??? He has been one of, if not thee worse pitcher for 4 years. The Yankees were practically begging him to leave. The fans were begging him to leave.

Yet soon as he became a free agent the Indians scooped him right up.

I mean they didn't even let him linger on the market lol lol

Oye Vey!!

allstarsplus
04-15-2009, 06:09 PM
The Nationals would be fools to pass him up. I believe his agent Boras though.

One name BORE_A$$. Have you heard the money they are already talking about? $50 mill upfront contract????

Also, there is the #1 pick curse for pitchers if you look at the entire history of the draft. There has never been a HOF pitcher picked at #1 overall.

Strasburg did alright in the Olympics last year when matched up against Minor League quality and some Major Leaguers.

Growing up in Maryland, I remember all too well the legend of Ben McDonald who was a can't miss power pitcher............

With all this said, I hope the Nationals take him!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :>) 20 smiles!!!!!

stkmtimo
04-15-2009, 10:49 PM
Growing up in Maryland, I remember all too well the legend of Ben McDonald who was a can't miss power pitcher............

Andrew, Ben McDonald was quite the stud pitcher with LSU but not so much with the Orioles :)

Tim

allstarsplus
04-16-2009, 10:36 AM
Andrew, Ben McDonald was quite the stud pitcher with LSU but not so much with the Orioles :)

TimTim - Exactly my point!!! I am not saying the same will happen with Strasburg, but Big Ben was hyped the same.

Then you have Mark Prior who signed the largest Draftee signing bonus and where is he now?

suave1477
04-16-2009, 11:00 AM
Tim - Exactly my point!!! I am not saying the same will happen with Strasburg, but Big Ben was hyped the same.

Then you have Mark Prior who signed the largest Draftee signing bonus and where is he now?

Let's not forget Phil Hughes hyped up to be the biggest phenom in years. Well we can put that one to bed.

I forgot his name there was another Yankees prospect pitcher some yaars back who was hyped up to be the biggest thing ever to baseball, a AROD of pitchers if you will, he got into one bar fight ruined his arm and never heard from him again.

Guys check out this link!!!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/145583-the-five-worst-first-overall-mlb-draft-picks-over-the-last-20-years#page/1

BULBUS
04-16-2009, 01:02 PM
Let's not forget Phil Hughes hyped up to be the biggest phenom in years. Well we can put that one to bed.

I forgot his name there was another Yankees prospect pitcher some yaars back who was hyped up to be the biggest thing ever to baseball, a AROD of pitchers if you will, he got into one bar fight ruined his arm and never heard from him again.

I think his name was Brien Taylor???

I don't think you can label Hughes a bust yet. He is still very young, I think he was just rushed into a Yankees lineup with all the preasure of the world on his shoulders. I do not think Ian Kennedy will make it though.

MSpecht
05-02-2009, 10:04 AM
Stephen Strasburg Update---

Through yesterday's game (May 1) here are his season stats:
W-10 L-0 , 1.38 ERA, 78 1/3 Innings, 48 hits, 13 Runs (12 earned), AND 15 Walks , 147 Strikeouts.

No real mystery why he is packing them in, even on the road --- Capacity crowd of 1,496 at Santa Clara yesterday -- a 5-0 San Diego State win.

Mike jackitout7@aol.com

MSpecht
05-09-2009, 11:03 AM
Yesterday, in Strasberg's final regular season home game at San Diego State, a nearly 3,400 capacity crowd jammed Tony Gwynn Stadium and saw him throw a complete game no-hitter, striking out 17 (including striking out the side in the 9th) and walking only 2 in a 5-0 win over Air Force Academy.

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/may/09/1s9sullivan011942-strasburgs-no-hitter-seals-his-l/

Mike jackitout7@aol.com

AWA85
05-09-2009, 12:50 PM
Too good to be true for the mighty Nats, trying to think what could go wrong. Injury in his big league debut ???:eek: Guess that is assuming they get him signed.

joelsabi
06-09-2009, 11:00 PM
he was taken first overall an hour ago.