PDA

View Full Version : Would like some thoughts on this jersey please

Skillz
04-12-2009, 10:51 AM
http://auctions.nba.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=103863068&prmenbr=51136034&aunbr=104209778

This is the one Chandler used when getting dunked over by Nate Robinson to win the slam dunk contest. That being said, there is no marking for specifically slam dunk so it is most likely just a blue away gamer from sets 1 or 2, so I guess in that respect you get a two for one. What kind of premium do you place on it for having been worn by an inadvertent player in the dunk contest? Do you prefer it to say a meigray Chandler rookie game worn jersey? Personally I would never pay extra for these kinds of jerseys but they do have a niche and you have an instant photomatch. Also it's meigray so you know its legit.

sox83cubs84
04-12-2009, 11:25 AM
To me, IMO, it's a Chandler rookie jersey...I couldn't care less if it was worn while being posterized in a dunk contest, although there doubtless would be some who would enjoy that shred of hype. It reminds me of 1998, when one of the non-regular Ballhawks outside Wrigley Field thought I was going to give him some serious green for a ball he caught. His reasoning? It was Mark McGwire's first BP home run in Chicago during his record-setting season.:eek: Big honkin' WOW!;) BTW, he still has this "valuable" ball, 11 years later.

Dave M.
Chicago area