PDA

View Full Version : Need Help-Game Used Nylon Football Jerseys-Wrinkles

TriplexXxSports
04-10-2009, 08:14 AM
I have a couple of Nylon football gamers that have outrageous wrinkles. I am looking to get the wrinkles out so they will show better in displays.

They are not autographed, but I am nervous about dyrers, steaming, fabreeze, etc, for fear of damaging or discoloring the nylon fabric, and also ruining the 'game use' caked on them.

I have never had this bad of a wrinkle problem with any of my other games (all the others were polyester and 2 days on a hanger they were fine), so I'm looking for some "to do's" & "not to do's" when it comes to wrinkles in nylon.

Any help would be great - Thanks in advance

TriplexXxSports
04-10-2009, 04:15 PM
Anyone?

cordovacollector
04-11-2009, 01:20 AM
Uhhh, I am new here, so am no way as knowledgable as the rest, but a guess would be to run the shower as hot as you can and hang the jersey as far away as you can, but yet still have it be effective. And certainly not to hang it in there too long. I'd practice first on something similar in marterial but of no value.

TriplexXxSports
04-11-2009, 06:12 AM
Uhhh, I am new here, so am no way as knowledgable as the rest, but a guess would be to run the shower as hot as you can and hang the jersey as far away as you can, but yet still have it be effective. And certainly not to hang it in there too long. I'd practice first on something similar in marterial but of no value.

Thanks for trying to help. I've used this method hundreds of times on my golf shirts, and other garments that I will be wearing out after I shower, because I hate ironing. But here's my concern - we have well water, which is a very 'Hard Water.' I am constantly cleaning hard water stains off the mirror, tub sides, sinks, etc. Almost 2-3 times a week. When that steam hits a WHITE nylon jersey, then dries, I fear that it will discolor because of the mineral content in our water.

All of my white shirts have discolored from washings. I get 5 or so cycles out of something white, then its in the trash. I can afford new shirts, but Game Worn jerseys, now that's a different story.