PDA

View Full Version : CitiField not on the transit sched (OT)

metsbats
04-10-2009, 08:09 AM
I guess given the uncertainty of CitiBank and the naming rights (though it seems safe for now) note the absence of the stadium name on the new Long Island Railroad 2009 schedule. It reads "Mets-Willets Point".

Smart move by the MTA for if the naming rights do fall thru in the future they would never have to reprint the 2009 scheds.

suave1477
04-10-2009, 10:11 AM
Metsbats thats because the Mets are not considered a real team lol lol:p

The map probably has better directions to go to Grand Central in the city and take the 4,5, or 6 train to the real New York team lol lol:D

metsbats
04-10-2009, 11:02 AM
You're killing me Suave:p

Only problem is which Stadium do I go to when I get off the 4,5, or 6 train?:D

suave1477
04-10-2009, 11:07 AM
Metsbats oh that's easy, look for the one hosting the World Series against some out of state National league team.

If you want you can bring your Mets team to come watch lol lol:D

metsbats
04-10-2009, 12:47 PM
Here's some pictures of Citifield from this morning.

suave1477
04-10-2009, 04:10 PM
Metsbats wow that parking lot looks the exact same as Shea Stadiums parking lot in the Post Season lol lol lol:D

I am sorry man, thats my last one, I couldn't resist lol lol:p

yanks12025
04-10-2009, 04:12 PM
I still don't get how Jackie Robinson deals with the Mets.

suave1477
04-10-2009, 04:19 PM
I still don't get how Jackie Robinson deals with the Mets.

Yanks because the Mets were the team that took over from the Brooklyn Dodgers leaving. Kind of like they filled there void for a Team other then the Yankees. Also since the Mets have opened up the first professional team in Brooklyn (Brooklyn Cyclones - Mets Minor League team) they kind of correspond themselves with being like the Brooklyn Dodgers

That is why the have the Brooklyn Dodgers museume at keyspan park

Also the Jackie Robinson staute

And I believe they retired Danny McDevitts # and Johnny Podres # Along with Jackie Robinson's

metsbats
04-10-2009, 05:00 PM
Metsbats wow that parking lot looks the exact same as Shea Stadiums parking lot in the Post Season lol lol lol:D

I am sorry man, thats my last one, I couldn't resist lol lol:p

Kinda like the Yankees parking lot during the last post season too.:D

gingi79
04-10-2009, 08:43 PM
Look I'm a long time Braves fan living on Long Island. I root hard against the Mets everyday. But no matter how I feel about the team, I have gone to dozens of games and I don't care whose corporate logo is on the outside, the Mets will always play at Shea Stadium.

Yes it is a gorgeous new stadium. Yes they did Brooklyn proud with the omage to Ebbetts Field but I miss the old stadium already. (and not because Chipper's batting average was so high that he named his son Shea :p or that Francoeur will name his son Citi :D)