PDA

View Full Version : I Think I MAY Have Found An $8000 Mistake

DoctorLoomis
04-09-2009, 11:19 PM
http://sports.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=709&Lot_No=19828&src=pr#Photo

Take a look at this Jordan gamer....8300 bucks. Look at my photos and decide for yourself. The neck line of the gamer is OBVIOUSLY "wavy"......no doubt about that. Also I drew lines to show placement of numbers. This color jersey was worn in game 1,2 and 6 ONLY. The photos are from game 1 and 6. The game 6 photo in my opinion PROVES the auction shirt is not from that game. The neckline is way too different. The neck line in the other photo as well as the number placement is off as well. Make up your own mind..........

DoctorLoomis
04-09-2009, 11:27 PM
Photo added from game 2.......look at placement of NBA patch...hmmmmm

DoctorLoomis
04-09-2009, 11:29 PM
The jersey could have been worn in ONLY 3 Finals games. I have provided photos of those games. The neckline , number placement, and finally the NBA patch serve to impeach this jersey in my opinion. I feel someone bought an 8 thousand dollar game issued shirt. Just my opinion.

trsent
04-10-2009, 01:11 AM
If your findings are correct, you should notify such to Chris Ivy and I'm sure he will contact the buyer and make good on the sale because I would assume a major auction house such as Heritage Auctions would wish to make sure no customer is ever stuck with an item that may have been improperly authenticated if your findings are correct.

treant985
04-10-2009, 01:58 PM
I don't know that much about NBA jerseys, but isn't is possible that the white fabric in those areas has turned in a little bit? That is, because the fabric is tilted at an angle instead of parallel to the camera lense, it looks narrower than it really it is, and looks narrower than when originally worn?