PDA

View Full Version : Do Topps Pro Bowl Jersey Cards Contain patches from the jerseys worn during the Pro Bowl game?

RKO18
04-09-2009, 12:18 AM
I've been trying to figure out why all of the 2007 Topps Pro Bowl jersey cards say "Player-Worn" instead of "Game-Worn". Player-Worn is a term I usually see for rookie jersey cards which makes sense because the rookies hadn't played in any games yet.

But if these are Pro Bowl jersey cards, why not just say Game-Worn?

Could these by "Player-Worn" patches from a photo-shoot? It would be hard to imagine all of the players wearing and giving up a jersey prior to even playing in the Pro Bowl game.

Any ideas?

GarkoCollector
04-09-2009, 07:16 AM
Glad there's something I can chime in on!
Topps uses "Player Worn" so that they can use the same back for all of the cards in the set. Some of the players that are issues Pro Bowl jerseys aren't able to play due to injury or other reasons. They can still have a card in the set because it is a player worn jersey and it is a legit Pro Bowl jersey. Since some don't actually play in the game, it just states that each swatch is player worn rahter than having seperate backs for game worn and player worn.

Hope this helps,
Tom

RKO18
04-09-2009, 12:21 PM
That is actually the best answer I have ever heard, very helpful and makes a lot of sense.

The reason I asked is because I'm looking to buy a Pro Bowl Player-Worn Topps Letterman nameplate patch and it said player worn instead of game worn.

I know that Addai played in the Pro Bowl so do you feel that it is a safe bet that this letter patch was from the actual jersey he wore during the pro bowl game?

GarkoCollector
04-09-2009, 12:53 PM
That is actually the best answer I have ever heard, very helpful and makes a lot of sense.

The reason I asked is because I'm looking to buy a Pro Bowl Player-Worn Topps Letterman nameplate patch and it said player worn instead of game worn.

I know that Addai played in the Pro Bowl so do you feel that it is a safe bet that this letter patch was from the actual jersey he wore during the pro bowl game?

I would say that if a player has a card in that set and played in that game, it is definitely a game worn piece.

Good luck on picking it up!
Tom