PDA

View Full Version : Common Royals jerseys in stadium shop

topekabob
04-27-2006, 10:43 PM
Went to the Royals game this afternoon. Johan Santana pitching for Twins, Esteban German playing CF for Royals...guess who won?

But a beautiful day and a beautiful stadium and the bench coach handed my daughter a ball, so it was nice.

Anyway, the Royals are now selling (for the first time I've noticed) game used jerseys in their souvenir shop at the stadium. They had a smattering of BP jerseys and a few game uniforms from 2005, "commons" such as Brian Anderson, Calvin Pickering, coaches Doran, Silverio, and Poldberg, and a nice Terence Long blue road and a sweet looking road KANSAS CITY gray vest of Brian Anderson. But the prices were pretty silly for the average collector: $150 for the BP's and $165-$175 for the game jerseys. They also had game used bases and lineup cards at high prices also. If you're interested call the Royals shop and I'm sure they'll be happy to sell you a Brian Poldberg BP jersey for $150 plus shipping...

suave1477
04-27-2006, 10:54 PM
well honestly the prices may be a tiny bit high but there not outrageous. Look at it like this that same jersey being sold retail can cost you about $100, and these are actual game used made for the player jerseys so figure that boosts up the value $50 or so bucks

topekabob
04-27-2006, 11:59 PM
You're right, not outrageous. It's just that they're the Royals and we're getting pretty depressed losing 100 games every year. I guess I'm spoiled by the great deals out there for the collector like myself who buys interesting styles of common players. On ebay you can get Reds and Pirates game worn jerseys for around $100 and of course game issued and used Rockies jerseys of all styles for as low as $50. And go to hartelsports.com on the web and they still have some very cool game worn Brewers jerseys from the mid to late 1990's for $90-$125. In that context $150 for a BP jersey is too high for me, but maybe not for others.

All that being said, it is always amazing to me that a game worn jersey can be, in some cases, drastically cheaper than a replica that is sold in the team shop!

pietraynor
04-28-2006, 06:41 AM
Those prices are in line..I've never seen the Pirates or Reds sell a gamer for less than $75 from the club, while I have bought BP's from the Pirates & Reds for as low as $20-40 (commons). A lot of the Reds, Indians & Pirates you see on ebay actually cost the seller more than they are trying to sell them for. I know because I passed them up. Let's stay positive & thank the Royals for releasing jerseys to the public for the first time in a long time. I know it's tough to be a KC fan now, but those jerseys are nice!

suave1477
04-28-2006, 09:24 AM
ROYALS WHO??????????

lol lol lol Isnt that the team that my Yankees spanked last week!!!!
Sorry I had to throw that in!!!:D :D :D