PDA

View Full Version : Go Senators!

dirtyla2000
04-08-2009, 02:40 AM
Happy to see Washington off to a hot start,20 runs given up in 2 games against the mighty Marlins! I wish them well, NOT!!!!!!!

skyking26
04-08-2009, 09:51 AM
Happy to see Washington off to a hot start,20 runs given up in 2 games against the mighty Marlins! I wish them well, NOT!!!!!!!
While I am in the Detroit area, suffering one Tiger loss after another, as an outsider looking in I've been a longtime Adam Dunn supporter. I'm in agreement, Adam probably is on a mirror image of the Reds teams he played on...this is likely not the championship team he was looking for...but it was a 2 year deal. So, he puts up some solid numbers, ownership and fans can enjoy the ride for 2 years, then he can test the market again...

I recall your posts earlier about your love of the Expos and disdain for this ballclub that resides in US. Not sure where you are going with this or why you continue to beat a drum for Montreal (the city that did not support them, thus lost them). As with most things in life, it revolves around money. When a team can't flourish, they leave, eventually. I think your anger is misguided. Vent if you must, but I'm not sure outside of "you" how many people are actually listening or get your posts...

RK:eek:

Vintagedeputy
04-08-2009, 10:05 AM
I always love when people who know nothing talk smack 2 days into the season.

coxfan
04-08-2009, 04:25 PM
Two random historical notes, to lighten this one up: 1) The old Senators ( through the 1950's) were sometimes aka the Nationals. I have an old Topps card calling them the Nationals. 2) The " National Club of Washington" was considered by far the best in the US in 1867, clobbering almost everybody they met on an extensive tour. Although an "amateur" club, they were in fact baseball stars given jobs in the US Treasury Dept with little duties except to play ball, at the behest of powerful politicians. This was before civil service reform, and was an early example of how de facto professionalism was rampant in baseball before the 1869 Red Stockings helped to make professional play honest and open.

GarkoCollector
04-08-2009, 04:34 PM
Washington Nationals
Harrisburg is the Senators