PDA

View Full Version : Removing tape from bat

emann
04-07-2009, 08:33 PM
I bought the below bat on ebay last week. The barrel is supposedly covered in clear packing tape. I'm going to attempt to remove it when I get it, does anyone have any tips for doing so? I'm hoping I can just pull it off (and clean the leftover residue off later) and it won't peel any finish with it.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

b.heagy
04-08-2009, 06:11 AM
Goo Gone works pretty well for me. Let is soak a bit and carefully pull the tape away. Hope that helps.

kylehess10
04-08-2009, 03:45 PM
Everytime I get a Steiner game used broken bat, it's kept together by a piece of tape just like that. I haven't had any problems yet trying to just peel it off. Just don't do it too fast.

ndevlin
04-09-2009, 12:58 AM
Isn't there tape on the autograph as well?

emann
04-09-2009, 08:05 AM

Something like that, haven't seen it yet. The auto could be on top of the tape for all I know... :rolleyes:

I'm not too worried about the auto, if it peels off with the tape, so be it.

emann
04-09-2009, 08:05 AM
Something like that, haven't seen it yet. The auto could be on top of the tape for all I know... :rolleyes:

I'm not too worried about the auto, if it peels off with the tape, so be it.

And thanks for the tips guys!

godwulf
04-09-2009, 12:44 PM
Something like that, haven't seen it yet. The auto could be on top of the tape for all I know...

I received some minor league bats a while back, from someone who works with the team, with a signed baseball card of one of the players taped to the outside of the package...like maybe the Seller (who, honestly, struck me as being a bit squirrely in the course of our correspondence) had a bunch of them and didn't consider it to be of much value. I have to confess that it hurt a little to throw it away. :rolleyes:

emann
04-19-2009, 09:36 PM

Just thought I'd update this thread. What was described as tape was actually something like a saran wrap pulled around the barrel of the bat and minimal scotch tape on the bat. Peeled right off...

A good example of ebay sellers not describing items to full extent sometimes...