PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest Beer, Most expensive Beer in MLB

matt
04-03-2009, 03:17 PM
As a Red Sox fan, I am embarassed, though not surprised that we have the most expensive beer in the league (see below). The owners are lining their pockets instead of paying up for free agents...
------------------------

Wanna Brew? Go To A Pirates Game
Posted By: Darren Rovell (http://www.cnbc.com/id/15837548/cid/97537)
(http://www.cnbc.com/id/15837548/cid/97283)

setDefault('cnbc_textbody');Last year, I wrote about how the Philadelphia Phillies, disturbingly, had the cheapest beer prices in Major League Baseball.
For $5, fans could get a 21-ounce beer. That works out to 24 cents an ounce.
But this year, that great honor goes to the Pittsburgh Pirates, who not only have the second-lowest average ticket price in the league ($15.39), but also have the lowest beer price.
This season, the Pirates will be charging $4.75 for a 21-ounce beer, according to Team Marketing Report. That means they are doing it for a cent per ounce cheaper than the Phillies did it last year.
The most expensive brew goes to the Boston Red Sox, who are charging $7.25 for a 12-ounce cold one. That's 60 cents an ounce. I don't think that's Sam Adams either.

bigtruck260
04-03-2009, 04:13 PM
Took my wife and my 2 year old to a game last year...

Tickets were $45 each for decent seats at field level - 20 rows back (eBay)
Parking was $20 (wife didn't want to walk a mile with our son)
Nachos - $6.75
3 Large Cokes - $5.75 each
1 Medium Coke - $4.25
2 Jumbo Hot Dogs - $5.50 each
Small Dippin' Dots - $4.25
Ben and Jerry's Cone - $6.50
Juan Encarnacion Game Used Bat - $125;)
Troy Glaus Locker Tag - $100 ;) :D

$160 for some quality time with the family. Not too terrible. However,
Hunter is only 2 at the moment...and in another year, he will start asking for things like programs, foam fingers, Game Worn Jerseys;) and other items from the Cardinals Authentic Store.

With that in mind - who has time or money for booze? Bring in a flask if you have to. I have seen flasks in the shape of a camera (complete with case)...hey - people bring stuff into movie theaters too.*

*This statment was made in jest. NEVER break the rules of the park by smuggling in items that are prohibited.

jobathenut
04-04-2009, 03:23 AM
spending time with the family-priceless:)
Took my wife and my 2 year old to a game last year...

Tickets were $45 each for decent seats at field level - 20 rows back (eBay)
Parking was $20 (wife didn't want to walk a mile with our son)
Nachos - $6.75
3 Large Cokes - $5.75 each
1 Medium Coke - $4.25
2 Jumbo Hot Dogs - $5.50 each
Small Dippin' Dots - $4.25
Ben and Jerry's Cone - $6.50
Juan Encarnacion Game Used Bat - $125;)
Troy Glaus Locker Tag - $100 ;) :D

$160 for some quality time with the family. Not too terrible. However,
Hunter is only 2 at the moment...and in another year, he will start asking for things like programs, foam fingers, Game Worn Jerseys;) and other items from the Cardinals Authentic Store.

With that in mind - who has time or money for booze? Bring in a flask if you have to. I have seen flasks in the shape of a camera (complete with case)...hey - people bring stuff into movie theaters too.*

*This statment was made in jest. NEVER break the rules of the park by smuggling in items that are prohibited.

skyking26
04-04-2009, 10:16 AM
I don't drink alcoholic beverages.

Lokee
04-04-2009, 11:41 AM
SPEAKING OF BEER !!!

Miller, Coors, Budweiser Family Beers - NICE REBATES ON BEER! Alright, I am new to this, but while grocery shopping, I found that all three beer companies are offering up to $9 bucks back on cases of beer. Offer is good in most states. Heres how it works:

Step 1: Buy beer. (1-12 pack cans=$5 back, 1-24 pack cans=$8 back)
Step 2: Send receipt, UPC to Address on rebate form
Step 3: Drink beer.
Step 4: Redeem rebate.

I have been to target, dominicks, jewel, all stores have the rebate forms and beer is on sale this week $12.99 a case.

If I do my math right, I can score about 3 cases of beer for under 20 bucks! You are only allowed one rebate per household. This is good for one for Miller products, one for Coors products, one for Budweiser products. Let me know if I am an idiot and this is in the wrong forum. Just trying to help the drinkers out there!

Form says that it is valid in AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, MA, MD, MI, MN, MS, MT, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OK, OR, RL, SC, SD, TN, VA, VT, WA, WI and WY.

Form will be att he store you buy your beer in.

allstarsplus
04-04-2009, 11:47 AM
The Washington Nationals dropped their non-Premium beers from $8 to $6.50 for this season. Wow, it is like 1995 all over again!!! :D

allstarsplus
04-04-2009, 06:33 PM
The Washington Nationals dropped their non-Premium beers from $8 to $6.50 for this season. Wow, it is like 1995 all over again!!! :D

Got it wrong----bottled beer $6!!!!

Bottled Beer: Bud, Bud Light, MGD, Miller Lite, Coors Light - all $6;

Bell’s Oberon, American What Ale and Harpoon Summer Ale are $6.50

Draft Beer ($7.50): Peroni, Dogfish 90 Minute IPA, Bell’s Kalamazoo Stout, Stone Arrogant Bastard Ale, Southampton Triple Abby Style Ale, Harpoon UFO Hefeweizen, Williamsburg Tavern Ale, Flying Dog Old Scratch Amber

jobathenut
04-05-2009, 02:17 AM
king,i'm right there with you:)
I don't drink alcoholic beverages.

kellsox
04-05-2009, 08:28 AM
As a Red Sox fan, I am embarassed, though not surprised that we have the most expensive beer in the league (see below). The owners are lining their pockets instead of paying up for free agents...
------------------------

Wanna Brew? Go To A Pirates Game
Posted By: Darren Rovell (http://www.cnbc.com/id/15837548/cid/97537)

setDefault('cnbc_textbody');Last year, I wrote about how the Philadelphia Phillies, disturbingly, had the cheapest beer prices in Major League Baseball.
For $5, fans could get a 21-ounce beer. That works out to 24 cents an ounce.
But this year, that great honor goes to the Pittsburgh Pirates, who not only have the second-lowest average ticket price in the league ($15.39), but also have the lowest beer price.
This season, the Pirates will be charging $4.75 for a 21-ounce beer, according to Team Marketing Report. That means they are doing it for a cent per ounce cheaper than the Phillies did it last year.
The most expensive brew goes to the Boston Red Sox, who are charging $7.25 for a 12-ounce cold one. That's 60 cents an ounce. I don't think that's Sam Adams either.

The author of this article did not state which beer costs $7.25 for a 12 oz beer, but as someone who is at fenway regularly, I can say that much of the draft beer is served in 16 oz cups. This makes his price per oz #s lower. Regardless, it is highly overpriced(but I will still have a few each visit)
k

jhunt28
04-06-2009, 08:42 AM
Not sure where that article got its information from?? But I was lucky enough to go to the new Yankee stadium this weekend. So I went into the Hardrock Cafe before the game to buy two Bud Lites in aluminum bottles...the total with tax was $21.68. FOR TWO! That will cure a drinking problem in a hurry! So I would argue that the Red Sox having the most expensive beer at $7.50 each is incorrect.