PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference between "Game-Worn" and "Player-Worn" NFL Jersey cards?

RKO18
04-02-2009, 06:37 PM
I'm looking to buy a 2008 Topps "Player-Worn" Letterman jersey patch. It's from a Joseph Addai Pro Bowl jersey.

I did some research and the letterman cards for regular game jerseys are labeled as "Game-Worn" patches. For instance, their's a regular Peyton Manning patch with the letter "M" from his nameplate. This card is designated as "Game-Worn".

The Joseph Addai Pro Bowl letter "D" patch I'm looking to purchase has been designated as "Player-Worn". I'm not sure if there is any difference.

I also noted that regular topps jersey cards are designated as "Game-Worn" where even the regular Pro Bowl jersey cards are designated as "Player-Worn".

So I want to know what the difference is?

More importantly, I'm trying to figure out if this Joseph Addai Pro Bowl letter patch is from the actual jersey he wore during the Pro Bowl game.

NEFAN
04-02-2009, 06:53 PM
You see alot of that. He probably put on a jersey for an event like a photo shoot then took it up and to the chopping block it went. I don't even trust when they say game worn.

RKO18
04-02-2009, 07:18 PM
Well if they're making the distiction between "game" and "player" worn, I'd trust the patches or jersey cards that say game-worn. Perhaps if it says "player-worn" it means he wore it for a photo shoot and gave it to topps afterwards for them to cut it up and make the cards.

Perhaps this patch is from a photo-shoot where he wore the jersey and the actual game-worn jersey from the pro bowl is elsewhere?