PDA

View Full Version : MLB.com/MLB Team Auctions

stlbats
04-26-2006, 08:40 PM
For anyone that has won an auction from MLB.com or any MLB team site auction, how long did it take to receive your item?

I know it says 2-4 weeks, but come on this is ridiculous.

Just looking for some feedback about this issue

thanks
Jason

ripken8@bellsouth.net

allstarsplus
04-26-2006, 09:25 PM
4 weeks is no exaggeration on some of the team auctions. We won a bat that I didn't think we would ever receive and finally got it 25 days after winning the auction.

We got some Ironclad auction items in less than 2 weeks.

By the way, we just got some new game used bats that had the hologram # and the letters BB. When I went to the authentication page, BB wasn't on the pulldown menu.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/authentication/mlb_authentication_index.jsp

stlbats
04-26-2006, 10:26 PM
This is the first team auction item i have one. Do they place the holograms on all the GU bats?

Where do they put them on the bat?

Jason

ham1963
04-27-2006, 07:33 AM
The wait time depends on the team for example I won a jeresys from the Devil Rays and got it with in a week after I paid for it. Then I won a couple of hats form the Brewers and it took a month to get them.

BULBUS
04-27-2006, 11:08 AM
Almost a year ago, I won a game used Mattingly jersey. It was a Steiner Sports product, so it shipped directly from them. I got it 2 days after the auction ended.

It seems like they place those holograms where ever they feel like. I hate them, but I guess they help the hobby.

suave1477
04-27-2006, 11:16 AM
bulbus but there not talking about steinersports there talking about mlb.com which is totally different

BULBUS
04-27-2006, 12:02 PM
It was mlb.com's auction, not Steiner's. Companies like Steiner and Ironclad sell their products though mlb.com. However, mlb.com is responsible for the order being fullfilled.

suave1477
04-27-2006, 12:58 PM
bulbus i gotcha now sorry abou the mix up. i know steiner auctions off there own stuff on there site i didnt know they also auction off on mlb.com, see you learn something new everyday

BULBUS
04-27-2006, 01:28 PM
Actually, ever since Steiner started their new auction format, they don't use mlb.com's auctions. I got a great deal on my jersey. Its Mattinglys 2005 opening day vs. Boston home jersey. I got it for the opening bid, $1000. With his playing day jersey going for around 5K, this is what I can afford (after selling a couple of items to pay for it).

suave1477
04-27-2006, 01:29 PM
bulbus wow thats a steal!!!

stlbats
04-27-2006, 06:15 PM
This is coming from the STL Cardinals. Most teams only have 6-8 items up for auction at a time. You'd think they could handle getting that many up and shipped out. Stl to where I live is about a 3 hr drive. Usually 1-3 days UPS or Mail time.

Thanks
Jason

fossilbowl
04-29-2006, 10:41 PM
By the way, we just got some new game used bats that had the hologram # and the letters BB. When I went to the authentication page, BB wasn't on the pulldown menu.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/authentication/mlb_authentication_index.jsp

Wow, that's interesting. I recently got a MLB GU item authenticated with a BB but I couldn't find it on the site either. I emailed them @ authentication@website.mlb.com (authentication@website.mlb.com) asking about that but have not received an answer yet. Was your hologram the round or "larger tunnel-shaped" hologram according to their website? Supposedly all game used items are the larger hologram. However, mine is the round. Anybody else ever come across this?

Thanks,
Pat

allstarsplus
04-29-2006, 11:05 PM
Wow, that's interesting. I recently got a MLB GU item authenticated with a BB but I couldn't find it on the site either. I emailed them @ authentication@website.mlb.com (authentication@website.mlb.com) asking about that but have not received an answer yet. Was your hologram the round or "larger tunnel-shaped" hologram according to their website? Supposedly all game used items are the larger hologram. However, mine is the round. Anybody else ever come across this?

Thanks,
Pat

Pat - I emailed also regarding the BB hologram and received no response. Please post again if you get an answer. thanks! Andrew

fossilbowl
05-02-2006, 10:04 PM
Hey Andrew & all,
I received this response today from my email.

"Thank you for your e-mail. We are currently updating the system so it can post the new "BB" hologram sequence we are using on all items. Unfortunately this has taken a bit longer than expected and has delayed the posting of all BB hologram items. We expect to have this problem rectified in the coming weeks. If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks for your patience. We aplogize for the delay,
Michael"

I hope they finish getting that loaded soon. I'm very anxious!

allstarsplus
05-03-2006, 07:36 AM
Thanks. I just got the identical email too!!! lol

Should be interesting how long it takes to get the BB holograms up.