PDA

View Full Version : Grey Flannel 2006 Victor Martinez WBC GU Jersey

dcgreg25
04-02-2009, 09:54 AM
I do not own any WBC jerseys but all of the jerseys I have seen on mlb.com have the mlb hologram on them. The Martinez in the GF auction does not have the hologram. I went on Getty and the style matches pretty well but could not photo match. Anyone have any thoughts on this jersey and/or if all WBC come with a hologram.

I emailed GF asking the question about the lack of a hologram and they simply responded indicating there was no hologram present. I am curious as to others thoughts as well as the presence of holograms on 2006 WBC jerseys that other members own. Thanks!

russyurk
04-02-2009, 12:18 PM
I have two WBC jerseys from 2006 (including a home Venezuela) and neither comes with an MLB hologram. One was an Ebay purchase that entered the hobby through Leland’s and the other was an auction house. Both came with the “0062WBC” wash tag. If you search the GUF threads there is some discussion on this topic from a few years ago. I'm not saying it is fool proof but most Venezuelan retail WBC jerseys I saw from 2006 only had the WBC patch on the sleeve and not the combined WBC/Maltin sponsor patch. I believe it is possible that some entered the hobby not through MLB.