PDA

View Full Version : Historic Auctions Jerseys

justinlm24
04-01-2009, 04:42 PM
I have never bid on historic auctions items in the past. I have found a couple jerseys in their current auction I have some interest in. I notice in the description it just says "shows game use", but looking at the pics I don't see any noticeable use on the jersey or the tagging as far as wash wear. Anyone have past experiences with HA as to how reliable their items are as far as authnticity. I know there are alot of game issued jerseys out there that probably never even got worn but try to be sold as game used. Also what are some ways to tell if any?? Just not wanting to waste my money on something I will not be happy with......

earlywynnfan
04-01-2009, 09:11 PM
Can't speak for any jerseys, but I did buy a "game used bat" from Historic that "showed game use" (description words) which had NONE (my words, after recieving the bat.) So I, for one, would trust my own eyes over any description when reading Historic write-ups.

Full disclosure: when I called them immediately after recieving the pristine bat, they told me to return it for full refund, which was granted in a timely manner.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

jhunt28
04-02-2009, 10:52 AM
I dealt with HA once, and was burned by their "shows light use" claim. The Lampson LOA was worthless, as it wasn't even game issued. The jersey was taken right out of a box. It turned out to be a total waste of money, because once I had the item in my possession, I did some measurements. The measurements weren't even close to what the authentic game worn items measured for that team from that year. I wrote numerous emails about my findings, and the fact that this wasn't even a game issued jersey, let alone game worn. I even left 3 voice mails...I was never contacted back by phone or email, and just chalked it up to a bad experience. Now they might be great to deal with for all I know, but my personal experience with their descriptions were misleading, and the Lampson LOA was worthless. So if you have any questions about measurements, or if you want additional photos I would contact them. If they don't respond, or aren't willing to help, I would move on.

suave1477
04-02-2009, 11:07 AM
I have never bid on historic auctions items in the past. I have found a couple jerseys in their current auction I have some interest in. I notice in the description it just says "shows game use", but looking at the pics I don't see any noticeable use on the jersey or the tagging as far as wash wear. Anyone have past experiences with HA as to how reliable their items are as far as authnticity. I know there are alot of game issued jerseys out there that probably never even got worn but try to be sold as game used. Also what are some ways to tell if any?? Just not wanting to waste my money on something I will not be happy with......

Do a search for them on this forum as there has been many threads regarding the legitimacy of there items.
To the point where they have not posted a block against links coming from this forum to there auction directly.

Not to mention they list practically every bat as game used.

EVERYONE TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT SOME OF THERE SO CALLED GAME USED BATS!! IT DOESN;T TAKE A ROCKET SCIENTIST TO KNOW THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO USE ON SOME OF THERE BATS!!

That erks me to no end. is when it is right in our face it shows no use. They call it "Game Used" when we can see right with our own eyes it is showing no use and they expect us to bid on the item like if we are going to ignore the pictures they are showing!!

jbcindc
04-02-2009, 02:10 PM
I purchased a "game used" jersey from an e-bay auction of Historic Auctions. The COA included a description of specific game use (stains, impact marks) which didn't appear anywhere on the jersey they sent me. I returned the jersey with a letter explaining the discrepancies and they agreed to refund the money. After weeks of waiting for the refund and having multiple e-mails unanswered I filed a claim with PayPal. The refund came shortly thereafter with an excuse of being really busy. It was, I believe, the first time I ever left negative feedback. I haven't purchased from them since.

Jason