PDA

View Full Version : GFC Barry Sanders

lund6771
04-01-2009, 01:12 AM
http://www.greyflannelauctions.com/LotDetail3.aspx?lotid=20708

Maybe the local Lions expert, Kirkb, can talk about this one...plenty of issues

RKGIBSON
04-01-2009, 10:39 PM
This jersey is not the one that Barry is wearing in all the 92 pictures. I do believe that KirkB has the real one that he bought from the team at. The date on this jersey is EX, 1992 October. Pants are FW 1993 September. Mine is tagged slightly different. Mine was worn in the 93 and 94 season and is dated DY,1991 November.

Notice the W sewn under on the left sleeve. JOS has on like this on their sight for sale also. There is a picture of Sanders sitting on the bench with a sleeve sewn like this, attached, early in the season. Not this jersey.

Barry wore the same jersey's for years sometimes. I do not think this is one of them.

Roger

josportsco
04-01-2009, 11:57 PM
Roger the Barry Sanders I have on my site is on a hold status until I can confirm 100% the jersey is good or not. One key difference in mine and GF is mine is size 46 GF is size 48. I have seen 2 very nice B. Sanders jerseys and they were both size 46. Based on size alone I DO NOT like GF's B. Sanders. Do you have any imput on the B. Sanders that I own. Help appriciated.

DoctorLoomis
04-02-2009, 12:14 AM
This appears to be an amazing Sanders.....and size 46......

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=41046

DoctorLoomis
04-02-2009, 12:44 AM
Hey Roger and JO.....take a look at these two photos dated Oct. 6th and Nov. 10th, 1991. Focus closely on the NFL shield.....it appears to be bisected by the horizontal shoulder seam....right? Compare these pics to this gem........

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=34304

What say you????

lund6771
04-02-2009, 07:12 PM
The AMI Sanders was one of the only REAL one's out there....the last 30 that GF has sold, including the current one, are garbage

UGA-1
04-02-2009, 08:38 PM
Hey guys,
While on the Barry subject, please look at my jersey and tell me what you think. I got it 3 or 4 years ago, before being educated by forums like this. It was authenticated by MEARS with a A5. I can style match it easily, but just can't seem to find a great close up pic to photo match. This jersey has 11 team repairs and more little nicks and scraps than I can count. It is a 1993 jersey and is a size 46. The other tag has FX on it. Barry was injured on Thanksgiving and did not return until the playoffs. That puts it in a smaller window for possible usage. One would think that with this kind of wear, a photomatch would be possible. Help me solve this nagging question with your opinions. Thanks as always!

UGA-1
04-02-2009, 08:45 PM
More Pics

RKGIBSON
04-03-2009, 07:25 PM
UGA-1

Here is some info for you to digest. I have attached several photos for comparison.

You jersey was made 1993 September, FW. Barry was hurt in 93 and did not play after the Chicago game on 11/25/93 except for a few carries in the playoff game vs Green Bay. There was only a few possibilities for your jersey to have been worn. Barry wore blue jersey's vs the Rams 10/24, Tampa 11/7, Chicago 11/25 an Green Bay 1/8/94. It appears to me to be that same jersey in all these game played after you jersey was manufactured, and it would have to been on a fast train. All the jerseys from this era that I know of, that are documented and matched, were made in 91 and 92. The photos attached of the white jersey was made 1992 October, EX. It was worn in the 93 season the patch removed and worn in 2 games in the 94 season. The Lions change manufacturers mid way into the 94 season. Other player jersey's, besides Sanders, seem to fit the manufacture dates similar.

There are a couple of things I want to point out on the jersey you posted. Look at the name plate fonts, to fat. Look at the method of repairs. Look at the hems used on the sleeve bottoms, not just cut off. The game picture are 10/24/93.

If you want pictures of anything else to satisfy you let me know.

Roger
irestorecars@sbcglobal.net

RKGIBSON
04-03-2009, 09:41 PM
I made a mistake in the previous post. The white jersey that is pictured has a DY date code which is 1991, November. NOT EX. It was accurate that it was used in the 1993 and 94 season. I was looking at too many things at once.

Roger