PDA

View Full Version : Finally got a Grail!!

markize
03-31-2009, 08:16 PM
I couldn't be happier with this one. I have been tracking it for a while, and have landed it with much thanks to Rob Steinmetz.

2002-2003 Alfonso Soriano fielding glove.....well broken in. I cant believe how small this thing is. here are some pics, and a few style matches. on a side note, I also own the hats from the first two style match pictures (2003 with 100 year anniversary patch, and 2003 with 9/11 memorial American flag patch-when they wore them for a 3 game series)

mark

allstarsplus
03-31-2009, 08:30 PM
I couldn't be happier with this one. I have been tracking it for a while, and have landed it with much thanks to Rob Steinmetz.

2002-2003 Alfonso Soriano fielding glove.....well broken in. I cant believe how small this thing is. here are some pics, and a few style matches. on a side note, I also own the hats from the first two style match pictures (2003 with 100 year anniversary patch, and 2003 with 9/11 memorial American flag patch-when they wore them for a 3 game series)

mark

Mark - That looks really nice!!! I am very jealous!!! Congrats!!!

markize
04-01-2009, 06:57 AM
Mark - That looks really nice!!! I am very jealous!!! Congrats!!!

Andrew,

Thanks, like I said I am very happy with it. When can I expect to see the glove you were working on?

Mark

allstarsplus
04-01-2009, 06:59 AM
Andrew,

Thanks, like I said I am very happy with it. When can I expect to see the glove you were working on?

Mark

Mark - You will see it when the price gets out of that $3,500 range into the same price range you paid. lol ;)

Masimen
04-01-2009, 11:07 AM
Awesome glove Mark! Congrats!

markize
04-01-2009, 07:32 PM
Steve, Joel,

thanks. also, its nice to know I'm getting a legit piece rather than something with tons of questions. Rob is first class to deal with!!

mark

Rob L
04-01-2009, 09:58 PM
Mark, the glove looks awesome!! Congrats!

bucephalus
04-02-2009, 05:29 AM
Excellent item. The "holy grail" of glove's (to me anyway) would have to be Johnny Bench'. Your is a nice "catch" regardless.

markize
04-02-2009, 06:17 AM
Excellent item. The "holy grail" of glove's (to me anyway) would have to be Johnny Bench'. Your is a nice "catch" regardless.

Bucephalus,

Thanks, and welcome to the forum! Bench would be a great "catch", but if I went vintage, I would want Yogi Berra.

Mark

Vintagedeputy
04-02-2009, 06:31 AM
I havent really gotten into collecting gloves yet, but yours is a keeper! Congrats!

markize
04-02-2009, 09:01 AM
I havent really gotten into collecting gloves yet, but yours is a keeper! Congrats!

Vintage,

When I hit "today posts", and saw you had responded to this thread I was wondering what it would say! In my previous post I mentioned that "if I went vintage" I would look for one of Yogi's gloves. I never paid it any attention till after I hit submit and read it. I was imagining a wise crack about it. Yes, your reputation precedes you as the forum jokester! Anyhow, thanks, it is definitely a keeper.

Mark

Canseco44
04-02-2009, 09:28 AM
Well, here is your chance Markize. GF has listed a Yogi Berra Game Used Glove in there latest auction with a minimum bid of $2500. Good Luck!

Todd

bucephalus
04-05-2009, 05:02 AM
I appreciate it. I'm glad I chanced upon the site.

NegleyPirate
04-05-2009, 06:14 PM
Mark,
I'm glad you got your sweet looking Soriano Holy Grail Glove!!! You must have the best Soriano collection around. I bet even better than Soriano himself. Great pick-up. Now let me have a 2009 Soriano HR bat (lol).

markize
04-05-2009, 08:20 PM
Mark,
I'm glad you got your sweet looking Soriano Holy Grail Glove!!! You must have the best Soriano collection around. I bet even better than Soriano himself. Great pick-up. Now let me have a 2009 Soriano HR bat (lol).

Mike,

Thanks! I would like to think I have the largest Soriano collection on earth, but when it comes the Soriano Nationals gamers, I am a distant second to Andrew. But overall, I'm the king! :D I would love to show him my collection one day.

Mark