PDA

View Full Version : Melky glove in Historic auctions

Masimen
03-31-2009, 03:45 PM
Anyone notice the issue with this glove?

http://www.historicauctions.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=search.List&AuctionID=48945

silkman22
03-31-2009, 03:51 PM
Melky Cabrera throws with his left hand; the glove shown is for a right-hander.

JP

Vintagedeputy
03-31-2009, 03:51 PM
Aside from the fact that Melky throws lefty and its a left-handed glove? No, looks perfectly legit. :)

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20090331/capt.cc08e601fa564f0c9889a29ddba87872.yankees_reds _spring_baseball_flks108.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/cb/Melky.jpg/719px-Melky.jpg

BULBUS
03-31-2009, 03:57 PM
Also, it says "This is a very rare piece from one of the games best young players." Did they follow his 2008 season???? :eek: :D

Masimen
03-31-2009, 03:59 PM
Exactly! How in earth could they list an item that is so obviously wrong?

silkman22
03-31-2009, 04:02 PM
What makes this lot even more interesting is that the description notes that the glove is sourced directly from Cabrera ... Lou Lampson has even authenticated it.

I believe Cabrera is a switch hitter; maybe he is attempting to become a switch fielder as well.

JP

suave1477
03-31-2009, 04:10 PM
I read the description. I find it hard to believe it was sourced directly rom Cabrera as he does have Autograph/Sports Memorabili aganet he uses which sells most of his own things directly.

If it came directly from Cabrera? Wouldn't there be an LOA from his agent instead of Lampson?

Now anything is possible and maybe Melky got into an argument with his agent and said Haaaaa I am going to let someone else sell my glove!!:rolleyes:

But then it brings you back to why would Melky use a glove for the wrong hand??

yanks12025
03-31-2009, 06:18 PM
I was looking through their game used bats and they have a Mantle, Williams and DiMaggio. They say that they are all game used by those players but go look up the Mears numbers and they are all team indexed bats.

ChrisCavalier
03-31-2009, 06:26 PM
I received an email from Historic Auctions stating they received an email at 5:13 PM EST from one of our forum members regarding this glove. They also informed me that the glove was pulled immediately from their auction after further investigation.

As a reminder, please note the following rule when questioning items:

In instances where a forum member is identifying an item in the hobby they believe to have issues, it is expected that the poster clearly state their findings in the form of an opinion and provide adequate rationale for why they believe there is an issue. When possible, it is expected that the poster questioning an item will attempt to contact the seller of the item and allow at least 24 hours for the seller to reply before posting. This will prevent postings that may be generated based on misunderstandings of an item.

Masimen
03-31-2009, 07:14 PM
I am the guilty party. I posted it on here and then later emailed Historic. Maybe I should have contacted them first. I was just trying to point out an obvious issue in the proper forum. Not trying to ruffle feathers.

ironmanfan
04-02-2009, 12:05 PM
This one deserves induction in the "Best of Lampson" cachet