PDA

View Full Version : How to store put my GU jerseys in storage?

steevyniu
03-31-2009, 02:10 PM
First, I just want to say thanks to the creators of this forum and all the posters. I have learned SO much here!

Next, my question: I will need to store my GU/autographed jerseys for at least one year due to a wonderful addition to my family and the corresponding loss of my "man room". I have a locked, air conditioned closet to store them in, but instead of just having them on hangers, I would like to put each jersey in a bag or box, in case they need to be moved easily.

Are they any acid free bags, boxes, etc. that I should be using? - kinda like with cards and comic book storage? Or is it safe to just put each jersey neatly folded in a shirt box with tissue paper?

Thanks for any advice !

Steve

TriplexXxSports
03-31-2009, 04:58 PM
You can get 3 gallon, maybe they're 2 gallon, but larger than your normal Zip-Loc freezer bags at your local grocery story. These have worked great for me, and they are relatively cheap. I hope this helps.

mbenga28
03-31-2009, 08:38 PM
a friend of mine recommended using those same storage bags they use for wedding gowns because they are made differently and especially for preservation storage to prevent material breaking down but I haven't seen any of these for sale.

Fnazxc0114
03-31-2009, 08:44 PM
you could sell them. i only have 5 mannequins. if i pick up a new jersey one has to go. congrats on the new addition though

chakes89
03-31-2009, 08:55 PM
you could sell them. i only have 5 mannequins. if i pick up a new jersey one has to go. congrats on the new addition though
Seriously?

Fnazxc0114
03-31-2009, 09:58 PM
yep seriously

larry bourget
03-31-2009, 10:14 PM
Keep them in a Deep Freezer like Ted Williams, they will stay fresh.

LB

P.S. is he still Frozen, you don't hear much anymore.

suicide_squeeze
03-31-2009, 11:37 PM
Keep them in a Deep Freezer like Ted Williams, they will stay fresh.

LB

P.S. is he still Frozen, you don't hear much anymore.

Sadly....yes, he is still in a cryo-tank (two actually, his head is stored seperately. I've never understood that horrific move.)

gameused
04-01-2009, 03:50 AM
Steve,

I have used the below items from Light Impressions to store a high dollar signed jersey for the last five years and the jersey still looks the same from the first day I stored it away.

I have the jersey wrapped in the non-buffered tissues, place the jersey in the plastic bag with the dessicant reusable cannister, the cannister is used to take the moisture away and simply place the bag into the archival box.

Every few months take the reusable cannister out and pop it in the microwave, to remove the moisture. It well worth the price of $45.95

I use the plastic reusable desiccant canister, I prefer it over the aluminum canister.

Bobby

http://www.lightimpressionsdirect.com/item.action?itemGroupId=306
http://www.lightimpressionsdirect.com/item.action?itemGroupId=28

steevyniu
04-01-2009, 08:18 AM
Thanks for all the ideas everyone. As usual, the pros here helped me out!

geoff
04-01-2009, 05:38 PM
I put some of my Jerseys in Gallon Size Zip Lock Bags.They work like a charm and don't take up lots of room.

geoff
04-01-2009, 06:06 PM
My Bad I mean to say Jumbo Size Zip Lock Bags.

AWA85
04-04-2009, 01:43 PM
Any of you guys use the dry cleaners light plastic over your jerseys when they are hanging on the walls? Any pros or cons to this? I've been using this for a while and the only thing I noticed is a light shadow mark type print on my walls, not sure what causes this.

Let me know if you have any tips on displaying jerseys on walls.