PDA

View Full Version : My Comments On Greyflannel

blackbeard
04-25-2006, 04:57 PM
I would like to take the time to let the Game-Used community, Eric, Richard Russek, Dan Feldman and the entire Greyflannel staff that i am truly sorry for the comments i posted on this site about them.

Greyflannel is a legit, buisness like company who contributes greatly to the overall growth and integrity of the Game-Used hobby. If i were ever to buy a jersey, ball or any other piece of memorbilia i would turn to GF first. The people there know what theyre talking about and keep the customer first in line. If it werent for GF i wouldnt have been able to hold and touch all of the fine artifacts they deal with that the regular guy doesnt ever get to see. Ill tell you first and foremost Dan is probably the best Auction director in the nation, if not the world and i would like to apologize to him directly here. Its not fair for a guy like him to put so much time and effort into something only for it to be tarnished by some disgruntled former employee.

My comments out of line, hateful and were a direct result of "Me not getting my way" and quitting. The details of why this occured need not to be mentioned. Again, im sorry to this community sorry for ever bringing this mudslinging crap to this forum.

I wish GF the best of luck and i hope the May 11th auction is a huge success.

dodgersfan
04-25-2006, 05:11 PM
Wow!
They must have threaten you with a lawsuit?
I dont understand how your feelings can change so fast.

Rudy

skipcareyisfat
04-25-2006, 05:26 PM
Arrrr Blackbeard. Looks like they made you walk the plank.

otismalibu
04-25-2006, 05:27 PM
Should have changed his ID to Whitebeard prior to making that post. :D

allstarsplus
04-25-2006, 05:56 PM
I just got my Grey Flannel catalog. I found in Lot 467 a Mike Piazza Florida Marlins game used sleeveless. Mike played only 5 games for the Marlins towards the end of May 1998. I couldn't find any pics of him wearing the sleeveless. I did find 1 home game in the regular home and 2 in the away uni so that only leaves 2 other games before he was traded to the Mets.

It looks like a great jersey and hope someone has a pic of him wearing it.

http://www.greyflannelauctions.com/lotimages/155_a.jpg

sammy
04-25-2006, 09:30 PM
Sure sounds like someone was threatened with a very harsh legal spanking.

Regardless of what you now state, many individuals already have opinions in regard to GF.

Anyway, thanks for the insight you gave in your original posting. I believe that was a more honest posting then your current one.

blackbeard
04-25-2006, 09:34 PM
LOL! Whitebeard.

No, nobody threatened a lawsuit. It it even possible to be sued over internet forum posts?

I came to the realization that there a few very hard working people over at GF and its not fair to them.

I am just putting an end to it. Both parties know their displeasure with one another and its time to move on. I wish them the best of luck.

Eric
04-25-2006, 10:19 PM
It it even possible to be sued over internet forum posts?

I can attest based on the calls I get on a weekly basis- Yes, you can be sued over internet forum posts.

That is why we remind all users that your posts, if made irresponsibly can cost businesses money- which would make you liable to damages.

For those who carry on about the way this forum is managed with rules and protocol, maybe that will shed some additional light.

Eric

worldchamps
04-26-2006, 09:17 AM
I feel like I am on the outside....I missed this whole conversation.....I want to know what he said??????

mr.miracle
04-26-2006, 11:05 AM
While Whitebeard could indeed be sued over disparaging remarks made about GF or anybody else for that matter, if he has proof of these claims that is another matter entirely. Of course, even if he has proof unless he wishes to have a protracted legal battle with a multi-million dollar operation whose attorney's probably make more money per hour than most of use make in a week, he would be wise to retract and amend those comments. Although, it would be nice if the boys at GF would respond to these harsh allegations instead of threatening to let loose the legal dogs on Mr. Whitebeard if that is in fact what happened. It kind of leaves quite a bit of doubt in my mind on what is happening at GF. I suppose we are all left to make up our own minds.

The Miracle Man
Brett

both-teams-played-hard
04-26-2006, 12:01 PM
If a company sells 100% authentic sports memorabilia, what is the concern about anonymous opinons?

GFC-Silence the crowd already! Clean up your act! Ask questions. The members of this forum would be glad to help you authenticate some of your consignments- just ask.

ChrisCavalier
04-26-2006, 01:44 PM
Let me first say that I have no idea who Blackbeard is nor do I know anything about his alleged relationship with Grey Flannel. Thus, I have no comment regarding his initial post nor about his sudden about face regarding his stance.

However, I do want to thank Eric for the actions he took to make sure Blackbeard's initial thread did not go down an irresponsible path that would likely have served no one well in this matter. Most specifically, I don't think the forum would have been well served by allowing serious accusations by someone who wanted to remain anonymous without any accountability for his actions. In fact, in reading Blackbeard's most recent comments on this thread, I am glad the forum wasn't left open to being potentially mislead by someone with a self-admitted private agenda. As it stands now, I personally have a hard time viewing anything Blackbeard had to say in any of his posts without a great deal of scepticism.

Once again, thank you Eric for looking out for the best interests of the members of this forum.

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier