PDA

View Full Version : Seller masauction - Good or bad experiences

escobar1681
03-30-2009, 06:35 PM
http://stores.ebay.com/MS-Auctions-Company

Right now I am waiting on his answer on the Air Jordan VIII from 1993, but I would like to know if any of you bought from him or if you see some items in his shop that are questionable/fake. Furthermore I would like to know your buyer experience.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

suave1477
03-30-2009, 07:30 PM
I have bought Baseball cards from him with no problems.

Ozric
03-30-2009, 08:06 PM
There are a number of older threads about this seller. I did have an issue with him a while back, but cannot express it on this forum as I was chastised for being speculatory in one of those older threads. You can e-mail me privately if you like and I will explain.

Thanks,

Tim

sandmanclan@sbcglobal.net

lund6771
03-30-2009, 08:31 PM
do homework & be EXTREMELY careful

Bondsgloves
03-30-2009, 10:01 PM
I remember several years back MS Auctions was selling a ton of Jordan Game Used items. Does anyone know what the connection was between Jordan and MS Auctions.? I have seen Jordan shoes come up for sale every so often with a letter from MS Auctions. Some of the shoes said they were used in playoff games, I would assume they would relatively easier to verify if that was true. The Jordan shoes were the right size and had what appeared to be authentic signatures.

escobar1681
03-31-2009, 06:09 AM
I want him to make a pic of the tags inside the shoes so that he can prove they are authentic player samples made for MJ. He didn't do that, but keeps saying that they are samples.

I really want these Shoes in my collection, but I don't want to be scammed either.

Any advice? Thank you!

sammy
03-31-2009, 07:46 AM
In 2001, Mitchell Schumacher of Brown Deer, Wis., pleaded guilty in Federal Court to defrauding collectors through the sale of sports memorabilia.

Schumacher, who operated MS Auctions, admitted to Federal prosecutors that he sold more then 70,000.00 worth of merchandise purported to be game used items that were nothing more then game model jerseys.

Schumacher admitted using a East Coast firm to authenticate many of the items to convince collectors of the legitimacy.

The primary merchandise sold were NBA jerseys, and most of Schumacher's auctions at that time had letters of authenticity from the leading authenticator of NBA jerseys.

33bird
03-31-2009, 08:58 AM
I have two real pair of Jordans VIII with the PS tags size 13.5. One pair came right from his friend Charles Oakley. LMK if interested and I will send you pictures.
Greg
biggamebird@yahoo.com

escobar1681
03-31-2009, 09:14 AM
My bad 33bird, I mistyped my post, its about the Jordan XI he offered, not about the VIIIs.

mvandor
03-31-2009, 09:14 AM
In 2001, Mitchell Schumacher of Brown Deer, Wis., pleaded guilty in Federal Court to defrauding collectors through the sale of sports memorabilia.

Schumacher, who operated MS Auctions, admitted to Federal prosecutors that he sold more then 70,000.00 worth of merchandise purported to be game used items that were nothing more then game model jerseys.

Schumacher admitted using a East Coast firm to authenticate many of the items to convince collectors of the legitimacy.

The primary merchandise sold were NBA jerseys, and most of Schumacher's auctions at that time had letters of authenticity from the leading authenticator of NBA jerseys.

THE END. :o

Ozric
03-31-2009, 09:22 AM

Any idea who the "leading authenticator" was they are referring to?

sammy
03-31-2009, 10:13 AM
Schumacher admitted using a East Coast firm to authenticate many of the items........

........had letters of authenticity from the leading authenticator of NBA jerseys.

Same today as it was then.

kingjammy24
03-31-2009, 10:23 AM

"..Ryan was previously informed by federal agents that..Grey Flannel ".. routinely authenticated forged items of sports memorabilia originating from Anthony Alyinovich, John Schwartz and others who have acknowledged marketing items which have the forged autographs of Michael Jordan and other athletes," according to the document.

Also, the document states that Ryan actually agreed with the FBI's findings that..Grey Flannel Auctions were not reputable authenticators."

who's this "Ryan" fellow?

"The FBI, according to a criminal complaint filed Tuesday, has submitted an affidavit to obtain an arrest warrant for memorabilia dealer Steve Ryan, proprietor of North Shore Sports in Northbrook, Ill.

The FBI's latest move is part of the ongoing saga of Operation Foul Ball - a federal investigation targeting individuals and businesses involved in the manufacture and distribution of forged sports memorabilia. Operation Bullpen, a much broader investigation targeting similar fraudulent activities, was the sting operation involved in more than 50 raids across four states two weeks ago.

The criminal complaint indicates Ryan, whose actual name is Steve Levine, has violated mail and wire fraud laws related to the distribution of fraudulent memorabilia. According to the document, Ryan previously was arrested five times on violations ranging from larceny to obstruction of justice. His criminal record is under the name Levine.

North Shore Sports conducted its Final Millennium Major Phone Auction on Tuesday. This auction was carried out despite assurances from Ryan's attorney to the FBI that the auction would not take place. According to a federal agent who spoke with Beckett Hobby Insider on Tuesday, all the items in the auction were under subpoena and therefore could not be sold.

Furthermore, the document states Falk Associates Management Enterprises (FAME), the company that represents Michael Jordan, warned Ryan against hosting the auction. Tuesday's auction featured several Jordan items.

This was not the first time North Shore Sports conducted business involving Jordan items and against the wishes of FAME. The complaint states that on Dec. 13, 1996, Ryan received a cease and desist letter from Jordan's representatives. Despite that action, Ryan continued to "falsely imply that North Shore Sports has an exclusive relationship with Michael Jordan," the complaint states.

The document also states that throughout the investigation, the FBI identified "hundreds of items sold through Ryan's auction that have been misrepresented as something other than what they actually were." Also, the document states the FBI did inform Ryan "that the majority of Michael Jordan related items which he sold and continues to sell through his auction were (are) fraudulent."

rudy.

escobar1681
03-31-2009, 11:34 AM
Lots of info, thank you very much - to all the members!
Right now I don't think I will pull the trigger on this item. He still doesn't want to send a picture of the tags to me....

trsent
03-31-2009, 12:21 PM
I know from working with Jackie Banks (of JUMP, Inc.) back in the 1990s that Michael Jordan wore size 13 and 13.5 shoes throughout the era and that size 13.5 were only available to Michael Jordan directly as they were not sold in retail stores and only made for Michael Jordan.

In other words, any pair of AJs size 13.5 were made for Michael Jordan and were either his or came from someone within Nike.

escobar1681
04-03-2009, 07:22 AM
here's the link to the AJ VIII thats still up for sale. Can anybody confirm that the tag is a player exclusive tag ? thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=270365891866

sammy
04-03-2009, 07:28 AM
Here's a thought.........

"I don't think I will pull the trigger on this item."

ndestrucktable
04-05-2009, 12:12 AM
Hey, I have bought a few items from him, he seems pretty decent. Is pretty short in replies if you ask questions, I don't have any issues with him. I don't know if those shoes are true GI, the autographs are definately good though. One of the better autographs you will see on MJ shoes actually!

escobar1681
04-06-2009, 05:08 PM
Here are the shoes relisted, now starting at 1.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270369775203&ih=017&category=50135&_trksid=p2773.m285&_trkparms=algo%3DSI%26otn%3D4&ssPageName=FavMerch_SO:SI:IT

number : 270369775203

Tag reads Made in China 363533 US 13.5 136046 101 00.Thats the tag info he refused to give me.
He is listing them wrong:
"1996 issued" would be an OG XI concord, but the production code stated is from an 2000 retro XI concord.

I know that two factories in china manufactured the retros (http://www.air-jordans.com/content/frame.html (http://www.air-jordans.com/content/frame.html%29) ), but they have different numbers. If never heard or seen a tag with "China 363533" on it.

Being a fact that Jordan retired as a bull in 1998, these cannot be game issued for that time.
The release of the 2000 retros was in October 25, 2000.
MJ announced his return on September 25, 2001.
I don't know the exact date he started to practise regurlarly.
They might be an MJ PE issued by him personally for his personal practise.

Any info or help? Would be greatly appreciated.