PDA

View Full Version : Grey Flannel 1991 Brett Jersey

hblakewolf
03-30-2009, 02:59 PM
Current offering in the Grey Flannel auction:

1991 George Brett home jersey
http://www.greyflannelauctions.com/LotDetail3.aspx?lotid=21189

A few years ago, I had a "1991 George Brett" home jersey offered to me, and upon close inspection of the Rawlings tag, it appeared to have been resewn. Likewise, the year tag was "short" and appeared to have been removed from one shirt, and then added to the shirt in question. As a result, the area to the left of the set/date did not have the usual spacing.

The current offering in the Grey Flannel auction appears to have similar characterisitics:
1. The stitching on the left and right side are not the same "style" or
pattern
2. Open holes on the left and right side. I have seen this before on tags
that have been "resewn"
3. The usual fabric on the right and left side were not turned under during
manufacturing/sewing, as is the norm for Rawlings tagging.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

trsent
03-30-2009, 10:32 PM
Current offering in the Grey Flannel auction:

1991 George Brett home jersey
http://www.greyflannelauctions.com/LotDetail3.aspx?lotid=21189

A few years ago, I had a "1991 George Brett" home jersey offered to me, and upon close inspection of the Rawlings tag, it appeared to have been resewn. Likewise, the year tag was "short" and appeared to have been removed from one shirt, and then added to the shirt in question. As a result, the area to the left of the set/date did not have the usual spacing.

The current offering in the Grey Flannel auction appears to have similar characterisitics:
1. The stitching on the left and right side are not the same "style" or
pattern
2. Open holes on the left and right side. I have seen this before on tags
that have been "resewn"
3. The usual fabric on the right and left side were not turned under during
manufacturing/sewing, as is the norm for Rawlings tagging.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

Interesting question, Howard.

The Grey Flannel preview went online around noon today. What was the reply to your question from Grey Flannel since you posted this your email to them must have received a reply before you posted this, correct?

whatupyos
03-30-2009, 10:40 PM
Interesting question, Howard.

The Grey Flannel preview went online around noon today. What was the reply to your question from Grey Flannel since you posted this your email to them must have received a reply before you posted this, correct?

Not this crap again!!!!

Aaron

flaco1801
04-01-2009, 04:41 PM
i dont see any wear on that shirt

trsent
04-02-2009, 01:15 AM
Not this crap again!!!!

Aaron

Aaron, please advise - What crap?

There are forum rules, that unless Howard had a reply from Grey Flannel, he violated the rules.

Please read the thread below posted by Chris Cavalier and let me know what I am missing:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=12446

Why are there rules if they are not enforced?

sammy
04-02-2009, 07:07 AM
Joel,

Grey Flannel never replies to Howard, nor to most people.

As to your statement: ".........that unless Howard had a reply from Grey Flannel, he violated the rules......" that is incorrect, and what you are missing.

Howard does not have to receive a reply, only ask the question.

nyjetsfan14
04-02-2009, 08:41 AM
Not this crap again!!!!

Aaron

Many props to Howard for not taking the bait which in turn would have killed yet another thread. This forum needs members like him and his educational posts. Great job Howard and please keep up with the very informative posts...they are appreciated.