PDA

View Full Version : Yankee game in 2009

metsbats
03-25-2009, 05:07 PM
So I'm planning on taking my family to the new Yankee Stadium and went on line to www.yankees.com (http://www.yankees.com) to check out some tickets. I punched in for the second game ever verses Cleveland on Aug 17th and asked for the best seats available.

I got back 4 field level tickets for a whopping $900 per ticket :eek:

Needless to say I'm going to shoot for some bleacher tickets unless the $900 tickets allows one to sit on Jeter's lap between innnings!

yanks12025
03-25-2009, 05:20 PM
Thats why you never punch in best available because it's always the highest priced ones. I just bought two for the first game against the cubs for $47 each(up in the tier's by 3rd base).

Skillz
03-25-2009, 05:31 PM
Bleacher are the most fun anyway!

yanks12025
03-25-2009, 05:44 PM
I have a quick question and maybe someone can help me out. I bought my two tickets from stubhub and i did the print at home. When i printed them they both came out on two pages. Is that fine or should i make them smaller to fit on one page. When i make them smaller the bar code gets smaller and i don't know if that would mess anything up. Thanks

kylehess10
03-25-2009, 08:09 PM
unless the $900 tickets allows one to sit on Jeter's lap between innings!

A-Rod already purchased season tickets for those seats

metsbats
03-25-2009, 08:14 PM
Now I know why Yankee fans get so mad when their team doesn't make it into the playoffs! At those prices you expect to see a winning team.

bigtime59
03-26-2009, 09:08 AM
Yet another reason why Yankee$ and Red $ox fans are such a pestilential presence in Baltimore: it's cheaper to pay for transportation, hotel and seats here than it is for just the seats there. It will be very interesting to see if the Yankee$ have pulled the same moronic stunt the Nationals did last year and priced their most prominent seats into emptiness.

BULBUS
03-26-2009, 09:52 AM
Yet another reason why Yankee$ and Red $ox fans are such a pestilential presence in Baltimore: it's cheaper to pay for transportation, hotel and seats here than it is for just the seats there. It will be very interesting to see if the Yankee$ have pulled the same moronic stunt the Nationals did last year and priced their most prominent seats into emptiness.

??????? ........ Not all seats are $900. Yes, that is ridiculous, and yes, they will probably be empty for a lot of the games, but most seats in the stadium are priced on par with other stadiums.

suave1477
03-26-2009, 10:05 AM
??????? ........ Not all seats are $900. Yes, that is ridiculous, and yes, they will probably be empty for a lot of the games, but most seats in the stadium are priced on par with other stadiums.

Bulbus I am not sure if they are on par with other stadiums but even as a Yankee fan myself the new prices are outrageous

Here is comparison prices
2008 I sat in the rightfiled first row - purchased ticket from the Yankees $5
2009 same seat - $60

Year before I bought great tickets for face value from a member here for I believe was about $50 or $60 a ticket about 20 rows back from the field between home and third
2009 same seat - $150

Tell me there isn't something deeply wrong here???

Now people can argue well the bleacher seats or upper deck mezzanine seats are not that expensive. But guess what?? I dont want to sit there!!
In the last stadium I was not forced to sit there because even as expensive as they were back then, they were still somewhat affordable.

I am not saying I can't afford these prices but the truth of it is I don't want to pay these prices and it is not fair that I cannot enjoy the game from the seats I prefer because the Yankees outrageously raised up there ticket prices.

Vintagedeputy
03-26-2009, 10:30 AM
Yet another reason why Yankee$ and Red $ox fans are such a pestilential presence in Baltimore

Wow, glad to know that my spending dollars are welcomed in Charm City!

stretch
03-26-2009, 11:27 AM
I noticed stubhub was mentioned, but I want you guys/girls to save as much money is possible, so this is for the ones that don't know about cash back.

If you sign up here you can get cash back on many places you might do business at online.

Example: Stubhub offers 4.0% back

You would need to sign up with the site below and make sure you click on the cash back part of the respected business.

http://www.fatwallet.com/cash-back/#s

Maybe some of you can get some use out it.

yanks12025
03-26-2009, 12:48 PM
suave1477,
Was your $5 first row in the upper deck, because the tickets right down by the field were alot more than $5.

suave1477
03-26-2009, 12:56 PM
suave1477,
Was your $5 first row in the upper deck, because the tickets right down by the field were alot more than $5.

No mine were right down by the field about 2 seats to the left of the foul pole. I was pissed too because I missed catching Posada's Home Run:mad:

it hit the cement inches in front of em and bounced back onto the field.

I actually seen a video on mlb of the home run and if you do not blink your eye you can actually see me sticking my hand out to catch the ball lol lol

yanks12025
03-26-2009, 01:02 PM
Well you go lucky then because when ever i went to the seating and pricing they were always listed at around $40-45.

And the upper deck aint that bad if you get them around home-plate.

BULBUS
03-26-2009, 01:14 PM
well, i just checked out the ticket pricing, and :eek: i use to go to about 20 games a season in the 90's. then after winning a few world series, ticket prices went up and i stopped going. what i paid 25 bucks for in 1996, is now around $250 (300 on gameday).

i also checked the mets pricing and if you go to a "premium" game, their prices are higher than the yanks.

unless someone gives me free tickets, i'm only going to one game this year. my friend has the sunday plan, and i bought a pair from him, 45 buck a tickets for lower uppers. i'll just keep watching on tv in hd.

metsbats
03-26-2009, 06:53 PM

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/ticketing/seating_pricing.jsp

Absolutely. As Yanks1205 pointed out I asked for the best available. When I try this on the Mets site I get the blue collar prices. Not being a Yankee fan I never realized the "premium seats" were astronomically priced!

There are very reasonable priced seats (check out the link) within the average fan's reach.