PDA

View Full Version : Jersey Display Case

CUTiger
03-22-2009, 08:37 PM
Ok, so I started today building a jersey display case. It is my first attempt at something like this. It is made out of red oak. At first, I thought I might stain it, but I decided against it, I will paint it black. I still need to put a back in and get some glass or plexiglass for the door. Check it out let me know what you think.

Dimensions for it are 39"hX35"w.

NEFAN
03-22-2009, 09:01 PM
How do you have the jersey put in there?

CUTiger
03-22-2009, 09:03 PM
Just laying on the floor right now, I plan to hang it. I have not put the back to the case in yet. I was just making sure it fit ok.

stretch
03-22-2009, 09:31 PM
Nice job. I hope the glass or plex doesn't cost you too much.

Be sure to show us when you finish.

dcrules01
03-22-2009, 09:49 PM
I really wanna build my own but I have no idea where to begin I failed wood shop lol..If you have time shoot me an email with directions I think it looks good,,Great job

CUTiger
03-22-2009, 09:54 PM
Thanks, I will shoot you an email. Also, what I am thinking about doing is posting a how to, a material list a prices. Hopefully tomorrow after work I can get the back in so I can start painting it.

CUTiger
03-29-2009, 08:38 PM
Ok, so I got the back in, and I painted it semi-gloss black. Now I just need the plexiglass/glass for the front and do a few touch-ups. I didn't have time today for that. I put two catches to keep the door latched. I just need a hanger now. What do you guys think?

-DC I haven't forgot about you, working on the directions/material list.

dcrules01
03-29-2009, 09:40 PM
I think that looks really good my email is below..I am anxious :D

MikeM
03-29-2009, 09:54 PM
Looks good man, nice work.

cugolfnut
03-29-2009, 09:55 PM
Cutiger...I'm curious what other clemson memorabilia you have....also wanted to find out if you were wtressel who was bidding onthe Justin Miller jets jersey on nfl auctions several weeks back? Shoot me an email:

cugolfnut@yahoo.com

CUTiger
04-02-2009, 10:18 PM
Put the glass in last night, here it is...i was thinking of getting that ultramount II to use as a hanger. does anyone else have any ideas? here it with jersey just sitting in it.

TriplexXxSports
04-03-2009, 06:13 AM
I think it looks GREAT!!:D Nice job and attention to detail! Now you can start up a small business selling these to all us forum members for $74.99!

GREAT JOB!

CUTiger
04-06-2009, 11:15 AM
I have actually thought about trying to start a custom display business. I would offer a stock case and would take requests. I don't know how much interest there would be for that. $75 is a little low (depending on materials), but i would definetly try to keep in under $100 for the stock model. I think the quality of the first case was very good. Anyone have any interest in this?

cjw
04-06-2009, 07:56 PM
I would be very interested, but as I live in Canada, I would be worried about shipping costs. When you ship your first one out, if you could obtain a quote to ship north, pls let me know. chris

jrd
04-07-2009, 07:02 AM
^ If you ship to Canada you may want to do it without the glass and in pieces and with lots of insurance. This is what my display case looked like when it arrived a few weeks ago. The glass didn't make it.....it wasn't even in the box!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a70/jrdurdle/Picture019.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a70/jrdurdle/Picture020.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a70/jrdurdle/Picture021.jpg

FanofGriffey3
04-07-2009, 08:19 AM
The case looks great. I was wondering, do you still plan on posting the material list and instructions? I would really like to see that. Thanks Chris

cbcjetsfan@aol.com

CUTiger
04-07-2009, 07:45 PM
Yes, I do, I have been procrastinating. I will have the list up by the end of the weekend. I apologize for taking so long.

dcrules01
04-07-2009, 08:31 PM
That looks great you have my email address when directions are ready ;)

GoGators
05-14-2012, 09:15 PM
Yes, I do, I have been procrastinating. I will have the list up by the end of the weekend. I apologize for taking so long.

I'm now considering making one of these cases. Were you ever able to compile the materials/instructions?

cliffjmp33
05-14-2012, 09:37 PM
I figured this may be timely to those looking for display case ideas. I recently purchased two Case Work International hat/cap display cases from the site www.wayfair.com.

Wayfair sells directly from CWI and at a lesser price I found. The cap display case I was able to purchase with shipping at a good $10 under the price on CWI site, with many of the larger display cases at better prices as well.

Not sure that will help anyone, but wanted to pass it along as I know a lot of us are always looking for ideas and better bargains.