PDA

View Full Version : Avoid this seller - uwmrules09

TAFKADixie
03-22-2009, 04:48 PM
I attempted to purchase a pair of Tye Hill signed gloves and paid via PayPal on 2/24.
He claimed on 3/4 they were being shipped tomorrow.
I sent 2 unanswered emails a week later asking for a DC#.
On 3/13 I filed a claim with PayPal. Later that same day, he claimed they were shipped that day and asked me to drop the dispute as he promised they would arrive by 3/16. Once you cancel a claim you can't reopen it (learned that the hard way), so obviously I did no such thing.
Nothing ever arrived and PayPal issued a refund ATTEMPT on 3/17. i am still awaiting my $30 though I'm guessing he cleaned out his PayPal account and I will never see this money.

His info is:
James R Toler
raytownkid09@yahoo.com

Not exactly the way I wanted my first attempted transaction to go on this forum!

Vintagedeputy
03-22-2009, 05:44 PM
He's been a member here for a while. Seems hard to believe.

NEFAN
03-22-2009, 05:48 PM
Even if he cleans out his account, it has to have a credit card on it and you'll get your $$.

kellsox
03-22-2009, 05:59 PM
you aren't the first with an issue with that seller:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=19587&highlight=uwmrules09+deal

b.heagy
03-22-2009, 06:00 PM
I had a similar problem with this seller. I eventually got the item I paid for but not until it was brought up on this forum that there were issues. Several other members had the same problem as well but we all eventually received our items. He has listed several items I was interested in but I am hesitant to try again.

Vintagedeputy
03-22-2009, 06:09 PM
I wasn't aware of so many issues...first I remember hearing the name associated with a problem.

If a member here has proven to be a problem child selling GU items, then my opinion is, he needs to go. Sorry uwmrules09....dont let the door hit cha!

sarahsdad
03-22-2009, 06:13 PM
Count me in as another Forum member who has had issues with this bozo in the past. These issues with this member are not isolated issues. He has a history on this forum and belongs in the same category as ESM, Bricol and AMI. He is a game player and should be avoided.
Sarahsdad

TAFKADixie
03-22-2009, 08:20 PM
Does anyone else see the need for a feedback type of sticky or subthread to this forum? If I was aware of the reputation, I never would have made the deal. In hindsight, I should have done a search for his username but I think all the info in one handy place would be helpful.

suave1477
03-22-2009, 09:25 PM
Even if he cleans out his account, it has to have a credit card on it and you'll get your $$.

That is not true an account does not have to have a credit card on it or even a debit card.
You can or at least youw ere able too in the past to open an account with a bank/checking account.

I have a paypal account and I do not have a credit card hooked up to it.

Not that anyone should be worried about me im not going anywhere lol lol:D

stretch
03-22-2009, 09:39 PM
Does anyone else see the need for a feedback type of sticky or subthread to this forum? If I was aware of the reputation, I never would have made the deal. In hindsight, I should have done a search for his username but I think all the info in one handy place would be helpful.

It would be nice to have a feedback area on this forum or under each member. It would help info everyone of us so and I hope the higher ups can find time to add it for public view.

CUTiger
03-22-2009, 09:59 PM
I agree with some sort of feedback section. It should have a section for trusted sellers and a section for sellers to avoid. This way there is one place for all information.

yankeepirate
03-23-2009, 03:05 PM
I am sorry to read that some folks on this forum apparently have had problems with Jim Toller, as I have had exactly the opposite experience.

Jim has gotten me some great and truly rare items, and has always been reliable with shipment, and very fair with pricing.

I just wanted to present another side of the picture, the picture I know of him.

-Howard G.

mattsr
03-26-2009, 06:15 PM
i also bought something from him on 2/20 paid on 2/21. 35. shipped for a lockerroom name plate. a week went past, i got nothing. so i emailed him. he said he was sending it out the next weekend because he was busy. ok i understand, the next weekend nothing. so i emailed him again, 3 weeks go by nothing in the mail no emails. well i see him around miller park a lot during the season and simply tell him that if i dont have my money or my item ill consider it a loss until i see him at miller park and then we can "sort" things out then. a few hours later he want to meet up with me and deliver my item. i paid for shipping but i could care less cause i wanted my item. so i met up with him and got my item. he told me things were busy because he was starting up a small business and things were crazy. hope things work out for you. good luck.

TAFKADixie
03-26-2009, 06:18 PM
I did actually get my refund. he claims he's sending the gloves for free for all the hassle. I'll let you guys know.

bigtruck260
03-26-2009, 06:49 PM
I'll chime in.

I bought an item from JR - and waited a couple of weeks. He sent me a FREE signed Jim Edmonds World Series hat from 2006 for the trouble. Sure, it took a while, but he made up for it several fold in the end. JR is a good guy, I can't speculate on his life - but he does seem busy.

Those of you that know me - know that I am straight shooter. This is the truth.

harpt
03-26-2009, 06:59 PM
My recent experience with JR involved him committing to buy something from me for $1,200...but he needed 2 weeks to get the money together. I said sure and set the money aside. This was about 4 months ago.

I have met him and he is a nice young guy...but I think it is fair to say that he is still learning. Then again, I suppose that is true for all of us to some degree.

R.Mansfield
03-26-2009, 07:03 PM
I also purchased an item from this seller and had to file a pay-pal dispute to get him to send the item. I do remember that he wanted me to close the dispute before I received the item, but I refused to do so.

I will say that I did receive the item and was very pleased, I believe he made me a great deal.

It is hard to say what is going on, I do not believe he is trying to get by with anything. I have had dozens of these type of transactions on Ebay. It is just slow service for various reasons.

Russell

kj33706
03-27-2009, 11:43 PM
no one can ever be worse than KEN GLOUM he went by jrocker49...... he is the biggest jerk and worst person in the world to deal with he is a liar and a cheat, hope it works out for you........................