PDA

View Full Version : PAYPAL trouble

yanks12025
03-19-2009, 08:03 PM
Hello,
I was wondering if you guys could help me out with what to do. Today i got a email from paypal, so i go to my paypal account and notice two tranactions that add up to over $3,000 dollars. The low-life person also hijacked my ebay account, he used it to buy two laptops. I also noticed when you look at the details for the tranactions that the person changed the shipping address. They were also emailing the two sellers back and worth about over night shipping. I called paypal and they are looking into it. But is there anything else i can do. What are the chances that i will get all my money back. Thanks for any help

kylehess10
03-19-2009, 08:25 PM
If I were you I'd travel to whatever address the person changed it to and go whoop some a$$

gingi79
03-19-2009, 08:48 PM
You know, when my fiance changed her address and made a large purchase, they suspended her account and set up a PayPal inquiry. It almost cost me an item as the seller received an email NOT to sell to me! How you didn't get that same email when someone did the SAME EXACT thing to you except they STOLE your account is beyond me.

Yet another awful eBay/PayPal experience. I feel for ya. The good news is if they used your credit card or bank account you have a great chance of getting all of your money back. You may lose your PayPal account however or have your feedback negatively affected. At this point, that may be a good thing.....

suave1477
03-19-2009, 08:57 PM
Sounds like the first email you got was not real to begin with and was one of those spam emails to get your information.

I have recieved several emails recently saying they were coming from paypal and indeed they were not.

Some saying:
1) My account might get closed
2) My account is about to be deleted
3) Overspending from my account.
4) I just paid through paypal for some expensive item on ebay

All of these were false and spam emails, when you go through one of these emails (to your supposed account) all your information gets stolen.

Becareful with doing this, you may have been fine from the begining but now that you went through the email sent to you, your info may have been stolen by hackers.

Vintagedeputy
03-19-2009, 09:52 PM
If I were you I'd travel to whatever address the person changed it to and go whoop some a$$

I'm with you Kyle. I think an ass whooping is in order here. Think about it, fly in, kick ass, fly out. No overnight stay required. A fun time had by all! :)

kjjavic
03-20-2009, 05:33 AM
Because there are so many paypal spoofs out there, every email I receive from paypal (except the confirming payment sent and received emails) I forward to spoof@paypal.com . They are very good are responding quickly with whether or not the email is a spoof. If the laptops show up as won in your ebay acct, then obviously yours is not a spoof, but I have received some really legit sounding/looking emails from paypal that were spoofs.

KJ

yanks12025
03-20-2009, 03:35 PM
Well i was able to have one of the sellers refund my money because they did not mail the item out yet. But the other item was mailed out already and signed for. I found out that the person who hijacked my account had another acount and asked the seller's before hand about over night shipping. The two sellers provided me with the info for the people that asked the two questions about overnight shipping for a birthday present. So im thinking those two accounts were also hijacked to ask the questions because one lives in NV and the other in MA.