PDA

View Full Version : Steroids in the NFL

cjclong
03-18-2009, 10:14 AM
There has been a great deal of outrage about steroids in the baseball, but virtually none about steroid use in pro football. Whatever benefit that steroids provide in baseball is small compared to what they provide in football where great muscular strength and size are much more important. Not long ago there were very few professional football players that weighed 300 pounds and now whole lines average 300 pounds. Tony Manderich who was taken number two in the NFL draft by the Packers in 1889 has written a book where he details his steroid use and how he beat tests, easily. (An article about him is in a recent issue of Sports Illustrated). Is the anger about steroid use seemingly limited to baseball because its supposed to the "clean" sport or because we pay attention to baseball individual records more? People seem to know about home rums but have no idea how many "pancake" blocks an offensive lineman had.

JasonBanz
03-18-2009, 11:30 AM
You kdding me? Football is perfect! No loudmouths, no violence, no criminals, and certainly no steroids !:eek:

I love football more than any other sport but I bet you if they did tests more than half the league would be suspended.