PDA

View Full Version : ESM Going out of business....

dcgreg25
03-17-2009, 11:53 AM
Just got the following email from ESM. I kind of thought it might come to this given their blowout sales over the past couple weeks (and the well documented customer service issues). Another victim of the bad times and terrible customer service.

ELITE SPORTS MEMORABILIA IS GOING OUT OF BUSINESS

WE HERE AT ELITE SPORTS MARKETING HAVE DECIDED TO MOVE OUR COMPANY IN A NEW DIRECTION.
WE ARE WRITING TODAY TO FORMALLY ANNOUNCE THAT WE ARE CLOSING OUR RETAIL SPORTS MEMORABILIA OPERATION.
DUE TO THIS, ALL MERCHANDISE MUST BE SOLD, DOWN TO THE BARE WALLS!

PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR FINAL CLEARANCE PRICING ON HUNDREDS OF ITEMS.

NO REASONABLE OFFER WILL BE REFUSED

mvandor
03-17-2009, 11:55 AM
Seems some good MIGHT be coming from this economy. Unlless the result is just another Mastro, change the name and keep goin'.

dcgreg25
03-17-2009, 11:58 AM
Looking throught the list of items they are selling, I noticed this gem....

AROD 2004 GAME USED JOCK STRAP $60

Yes, ESM you will be missed. :D

Fnazxc0114
03-17-2009, 12:21 PM
so if you send them money i wonder how hard it will be to get the item.

intheminors
03-17-2009, 12:22 PM
Thank goodness! They were a waste of my time!

suave1477
03-17-2009, 12:27 PM
Well if ESM is going out of business what about ASI?

Hmmmmmmmmm

kylehess10
03-17-2009, 01:31 PM
Looking throught the list of items they are selling, I noticed this gem....

AROD 2004 GAME USED JOCK STRAP $60

Yes, ESM you will be missed. :D

What's their e-mail?? :D

I'll seriously consider buying it, just to make my collection the wierdest on the planet

dcgreg25
03-17-2009, 01:45 PM
Kyle, I hope you are joking but just in case here it is..... I would respectfully ask that if you buy it you don't post pics. :D

TO ORDER PLEASE CALL US AT 813-749-8560 EXT 23 OR EMAIL US AT ELITESPORTSMARKETING@YAHOO.COM (ELITESPORTSMARKETING@YAHOO.COM)

stretch
03-17-2009, 02:11 PM
I don't have much experience with Elite. I went to there Ebay page to see what they have currently and I'm not impressed. I don't like places that list numerous items with the same exact picture.

kylehess10
03-17-2009, 02:21 PM
Kyle, I hope you are joking but just in case here it is..... I would respectfully ask that if you buy it you don't post pics. :D

TO ORDER PLEASE CALL US AT 813-749-8560 EXT 23 OR EMAIL US AT ELITESPORTSMARKETING@YAHOO.COM (ELITESPORTSMARKETING@YAHOO.COM)

Thanks for posting their info.

I just got a reply from them and I am now the proud owner of an A-Rod game used jock strap! :D :D :D

So now I have a shower sandle, socks, & the jock strap to finish it off.

David
03-17-2009, 02:29 PM
Recall the recent thread "Do You Wear Your Game Used?"

camarokids
03-17-2009, 03:35 PM

I just got a reply from them and I am now the proud owner of an A-Rod game used jock strap! :D :D :D

Don't forget about the Bartlett belt....

What are all your girlfriends going to think?

No switch hitting now.....;)

MSpecht
03-17-2009, 03:57 PM
Kyle---

I am not sure that I would want to see THAT display mannequin !!!

Mike

kylehess10
03-17-2009, 07:02 PM
Don't forget about the Bartlett belt....

What are all your girlfriends going to think?

No switch hitting now.....;)

I already told her about it. She wanted to know why I wanted it, and all I said was "cuz it's awesome"

kylehess10
03-17-2009, 07:03 PM
Kyle---

I am not sure that I would want to see THAT display mannequin !!!

Mike

Well I probably won't put it on a mannequin :D

I'll just throw it in my case with Carlos Guillen's shower sandle & Luis Castillo's socks

gingi79
03-17-2009, 07:30 PM

Kyle, my friend, my fellow Braves Fan, guru of the match......

PLEASE do NOT spend time trying to PhotoMatch it! :eek::cool::p

kylehess10
03-17-2009, 08:18 PM
Kyle, my friend, my fellow Braves Fan, guru of the match......

PLEASE do NOT spend time trying to PhotoMatch it! :eek::cool::p

Too late....

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/kylehess1025/arod-1.jpg

suave1477
03-17-2009, 08:27 PM
I'll just throw it in my case with Carlos Guillen's shower sandle & Luis Castillo's socks

AHHHHHHH THE SWEET SMELL OF BASEBALL!! LOL LOL:p

cigarman44
03-17-2009, 08:31 PM
Too late....

Halloween is going to be interesting in Kyle's neighborhood this year! :D

allstarsplus
03-17-2009, 08:56 PM

Is the jock signed????

stkmtimo
03-17-2009, 09:46 PM
Well I probably won't put it on a mannequin :D

Hey Kyle,

First off, I love those unique pieces - you can't beat them! As weird as this sounds (still wondering why I own these), I have a pair of Jody Gerut's signed game used insoles from 2004 (and with an ASI COA). Any interest!? I've never found anyone interested in them but if you are, let me know!

Tim
stkmtimo@yahoo.com

jetersbatboy
03-17-2009, 11:22 PM
Hey Kyle this looks to be up your alley!
http://www.hugginsandscott.com/cgi-bin/showitem.pl?itemid=11761&catid=256&lotno=0

AstrosCollector
03-18-2009, 12:18 AM
Do they have any good deals? Anyone with that email that wouldnt mind forwarding it, I would appreciate it.

geoff
03-18-2009, 03:17 AM
I would like the list Forwarded to me as well if anyone can help.

geof631@yahoo.com

Thanks in Advance.

Geoff

allstarsplus
03-18-2009, 07:20 AM
I just forwarded the email to you Geoff and Astros.

camarokids
03-18-2009, 09:07 AM
Too late....

AROD looks like he is enjoying himself a little tooooo much there......:eek:

Any guesses on what AROD and Guillen are talking about???

Here's mine....

Hey Ozzie, "what ya say we go in the clubhouse and shag a few balls?"

"Sure AROD, as long as I get first ups...you know I'm a top kind of guy"

momen55
03-18-2009, 10:57 AM
andrew;
forward me the email list also please. thank you.

halzeus
03-18-2009, 12:35 PM
Would you forward the email to me?

Thanks.

authentic_wolverine@yahoo.com

allstarsplus
03-18-2009, 01:10 PM
andrew;
forward me the email list also please. thank you.

Email me so I can attach it. thanks

Wolverine - I just emailed it to you!

momen55
03-18-2009, 01:21 PM
since i live close, i may go and see what they have, that is, if they have a store to visit.

suicide_squeeze
03-18-2009, 02:06 PM
Kyle...

On a serious note....do you really believe the A-Rod item is what they SAY it is?

After all.....a LOT of what they've "off'ed" over the years has not been.

Don't want to put a damper on the fun....but I would question the authenticity of anything they lay claim to.

Next up in the "They're onto us, and we're going down" list.....AMI.

Stay tuned...

AstrosCollector
03-18-2009, 11:54 PM
Thank you Dewey and Andrew for forwarding the list over!

suave1477
03-18-2009, 11:58 PM
Has anyone heard anything about ASI?

Skillz
03-20-2009, 11:31 PM
Could someone please forward the list to me as well? Much obliged,

Playya@gmail.com

Thanks!

sternzcuse
03-30-2009, 05:42 AM
Okay, has everyone looked at this email that ESM sent out. This stuff sounds phony. They sell "authentic NFL footballs" signed by dwight freeney or michael vick, or cato june for $70. Now correct me if i am wrong but don't those footballs cost like 80$/each new; And they are selling those with signatures for $70? Do you think its actually a white panel ball or something?
Same true for jerseysand other stuff. How long has this place been around?
Has anyone actually purchased anything from this place (do they have a website or do they just "send e-mails") and if so what is the deal here?!?!?!?!

suave1477
03-30-2009, 09:38 AM
Okay, has everyone looked at this email that ESM sent out. This stuff sounds phony. They sell "authentic NFL footballs" signed by dwight freeney or michael vick, or cato june for $70. Now correct me if i am wrong but don't those footballs cost like 80$/each new; And they are selling those with signatures for $70? Do you think its actually a white panel ball or something?
Same true for jerseysand other stuff. How long has this place been around?
Has anyone actually purchased anything from this place (do they have a website or do they just "send e-mails") and if so what is the deal here?!?!?!?!

Sternzcuse to find out more about ESM go to search on the main page and put there name in. I am sure you will get more then enough info on them.
As far as the footballs signed, the footballs themselves that they buy. They are not buying one football at retail cost. They are buying a huge bulk which probably at most costs them half of retail maybe even lower. Including the autograph it is probably at cost or even a little more then cost so they can make some profit. So financially the numbers seem to be fine. But again I do not know what they are paying for supplies and fees to players. Just trying to give you an idea of a possible break down,

stlgroundskeeper
03-30-2009, 12:26 PM
Would someone please forward me the list? cardinalbats@yahoo.com I really appreciate it!

Andrew

dcgreg25
03-30-2009, 12:29 PM
Would someone please forward me the list? cardinalbats@yahoo.com I really appreciate it!

Andrew
Not marketing for them but here is the contact information for ESM.

lund6771
03-30-2009, 09:13 PM
Kyle...

On a serious note....do you really believe the A-Rod item is what they SAY it is?

After all.....a LOT of what they've "off'ed" over the years has not been.

Don't want to put a damper on the fun....but I would question the authenticity of anything they lay claim to.

Next up in the "They're onto us, and we're going down" list.....AMI.

Stay tuned...

From what I've heard.....AMI owes so much $, that they are totally screwed...too bad because they have brought some cool items to the hobby..

camarokids
03-30-2009, 09:29 PM
PLEASE people quit harassing ESM and let ESM die in peace....

Let them go down quietly......;).....

Any wagers on their new Acronyms ?????

ESI , PSM , SSM , CPSM as in (Cow Pattie's :D) ????

34swtns
03-30-2009, 10:22 PM
At the risk of sounding like the devil's advocate, I've been to their store a couple of times in the last 2 weeks and came away with some incredible bargains. They're liquidating valuable items for pennies on the dollar just to get rid of everything. I was told they are getting out of the memorabilia business and getting into sports managament and player representation. Suffice to say, in this economy there's more money in representing a player than selling signed 16X20 pictures of him.

trsent
03-30-2009, 10:44 PM
At the risk of sounding like the devil's advocate, I've been to their store a couple of times in the last 2 weeks and came away with some incredible bargains. They're liquidating valuable items for pennies on the dollar just to get rid of everything. I was told they are getting out of the memorabilia business and getting into sports managament and player representation. Suffice to say, in this economy there's more money in representing a player than selling signed 16X20 pictures of him.

Where is their store located?

34swtns
03-31-2009, 06:33 AM
They have a storefront at 4020 Tampa Road in Oldsmar between Tampa and Palm Harbor.

trsent
03-31-2009, 12:24 PM
They have a storefront at 4020 Tampa Road in Oldsmar between Tampa and Palm Harbor.

Dang, I was just down there and didn't make it. Oh well, maybe the sale will last until I get back down there next year?