PDA

View Full Version : Other player signing game used jersey

JasonBanz
03-17-2009, 11:15 AM
Jason Campbell is going to be in town this weekend signing autographs and a friend of mine has a game worn Chris Cooley jersey he wants him to sign. I didn't think it was a good idea. What do you guys think about other players signing a game used jersey?

mvandor
03-17-2009, 11:30 AM
Unless it's the first of many team signatures, one word comes to mind:

devalue.

Jake51
03-17-2009, 11:41 AM
Hi,

I would say it depends on his motive.

If those are his two favorite players in the world and he wants one item to represent both of them then have at it.

If he thinks it will potentially increase the value of the jersey, I would tend to agree with Mvandor as there are a fair amount of folks who don't even want the player who wore a specific jersey to sign it, let alone someone else entirely.

Thanks,

Tom

suave1477
03-17-2009, 11:44 AM
Signing a game used Jersey is fine by me as long as it is signed by the player who used it.

Or if you were to take one players particular Jersey and have the whole team sign it (As a team memorabilia piece)

But why would you have someone's jersey signed by someone else???:eek:

Doesn't make sense unless again you were to do a team piece.

That is my 2 cents.

JasonBanz
03-17-2009, 11:54 AM
Thanks! Chris has already signed it, I forgot to mention that. He was thinking having his QB sign it also.

JasonBanz
03-17-2009, 05:15 PM
You think it would still be devalued even though Chris already signed it also?

mdube16
03-17-2009, 05:18 PM
Not even if it were Montana and Young signing a Rice jersey.

dcgreg25
03-17-2009, 06:32 PM
No way I would have the Campbell sign it as well. As a rule, I would only get a jersey signed by the player that wore it, (with rare exception) especially since Cooley is a Pro Bowl player.

The only exception I can think of would be to get a common GU jersey and then have the team sign it. That would make an interesting display piece for a big fan of the team. Otherwise, I tend to think it is just defacing a great jersey and will certainly hurt the value.

BTW I am heading down to the show in Virginia where Campbell is signing. Drop me an email if you are heading over.