PDA

View Full Version : Your Opinion: Last Game or First Game?

TFig27
03-14-2009, 08:59 AM
I was thinking specifically Yankees, but can be applied to any team where this situation occured.

But, what is your opinion - Would you rather have the last jersey a player wore at the old stadium, or the first jersey that player wore at the new stadium?

yanks12025
03-14-2009, 09:58 AM
Last game.

yanks12025
03-14-2009, 10:04 AM
Forgot to ask. When you say first game are you talking about the first exhibition game or the first regular season game.

P.S. Tfig,
Do you plan on going to opening day or the first exhibition game. I'm hoping to pick up tickets for the exhibition games and then opening day.

TFig27
03-14-2009, 10:13 AM
Forgot to ask. When you say first game are you talking about the first exhibition game or the first regular season game.

P.S. Tfig,
Do you plan on going to opening day or the first exhibition game. I'm hoping to pick up tickets for the exhibition games and then opening day.

Good point. I would be talking about the first regular season game.

I do plan to be there for the first exhibition game and opening day. It should be fun. :D

markize
03-14-2009, 10:24 AM
Tom,

I would rather have the last jersey from the old stadium. With the history associated with "the house that ruth built" I would think it would be more special. I would consider the first jersey from the new stadium more like buying a rookie prospect. You are taking a chance the new stadium will grow into something special on blind faith (let's face it, the Yankees will no doubt create a new legacy).

Mark

joelsabi
03-14-2009, 02:02 PM
I was thinking specifically Yankees, but can be applied to any team where this situation occured.

But, what is your opinion - Would you rather have the last jersey a player wore at the old stadium, or the first jersey that player wore at the new stadium?

i guess last just because of the championships of the yankees from that stadium. if you get an item from a player who a championship there in the past, i think that would be pretty cool. i am sure the yankee playee like jeter and mariano were thinking a lot about their memories in that stadium.

on the other hand, you could be a fan looking towards the future and say get a texiera, sabathia, or burnett item and think of the what may be. i guess it depends on if they win the opener too.

spartakid
03-14-2009, 03:35 PM
Definitely last game for me, especially from the old Yankee Stadium!