PDA

View Full Version : Wayne Otto / Pro-Am Sports

otismalibu
03-12-2009, 12:10 PM
Anyone have any opinions regarding this company?

ahuff
03-12-2009, 12:18 PM
I have dealt with Wayne several times. I think their older stuff is terrific. Much of their stuff can be pricey.

I don't have as much confidence in their newer basketball and minor league baseball stuff. This is simply based on my experience in minor league items and their confusion with even what organization teams were affiliated with when items would have been worn. My questioning of newer basketball is based on conversations with them regarding Vince Carter items. Those items were signed and being sold as game worn. When questioned on the phone, they weren't so quick to say that the uniforms were actually game used.

kingjammy24
03-12-2009, 12:24 PM
a few years ago i sent him various emails inquiring about some jerseys on his website. must've sent about 3 emails. here i am wayne! got some money in my hand! i'm a customer! i want to buy!

never ever received any reply. arse.

rudy.

otismalibu
03-12-2009, 12:26 PM
I don't have as much confidence in their newer basketball and minor league baseball stuff. I just saw these 2 Sixers jerseys (different sellers), one 'obtained from' and one with a Pro-Am Sports letter. I'm no expert on newer NBA jerseys, but the name and number on back of these seemed awfully high.

Tyrone Hill

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tyrone-Hill-Game-Worn-Black-01-02-76ers-Reebok-Jersey_W0QQitemZ310127901767QQihZ021QQcategoryZ501 35QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

John Salmons

http://cgi.ebay.com/2005-06-JOHN-SALMONS-PHILA-76ers-GAME-WORN-JERSEY_W0QQitemZ350175381160QQihZ022QQcategoryZ501 35QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Dewey2007
03-12-2009, 12:43 PM
I had two good transactions with Wayne Otto. Both times he provided nice customer service, fast shipping and he even gave me a small discount on one of the jerseys. Shortly after our last transaction I e-mailed him about another jersey I was interested in and after one e-mail response I never heard from him again. Sent a couple of follow-up e-mails but no response at all. Oh well, I guess he's getting enough business to need anymore of my money.

One thing is his on-line inventory is never updated. The two jerseys I purchased are still listed on his site.

TNTtoys
03-12-2009, 12:49 PM
This has definitely come up before. Bottom line is that their stuff is good and they are nice people. I bought several Astros jerseys from Wayne and Morgan in the past and met both at last year's National.

You might have trouble reaching them (I suggest PHONE not email) and their prices on some items might have missed the mark, but you should not have to worry about entering into a transaction with them.

skyking26
03-12-2009, 12:52 PM
I absolutely love the stories about non-response from sellers. I too contacted Timberland Cases in Dec and had email contact between 2 sales people that was extremely irratic. Finally, the case was in production and I was told upon completion of my specs on the case I'd be contacted and we'd finalize. That was Dec. 29. Today is March 12. Our contact of any kind never has went beyond Dec 29. Apparently response is so overwhelming for this product that they do not need to bother with the small guys like me!:eek:

Lokee
03-12-2009, 01:39 PM
I can honestly say all the items i have recieved from Wayne Otto / Pro-Am Sports OR with his LOA have all been very good. I have not questioned any of them except one of them and turned out the wrong item was sent and that was corrected ASAP (within 2 weeks) and all emails where answered in a timely matter. Just my opinion.:cool:

TAFKADixie
03-12-2009, 04:46 PM
I've probably bought 4-5 jerseys from them on ebay over the last 5 years and have never had a problem with any of them. I've even gotten jerseys next day at regular shipping price (of course they are located 2 hours from me)

skyking26
03-12-2009, 07:00 PM
I absolutely love the stories about non-response from sellers. I too contacted Timberland Cases in Dec and had email contact between 2 sales people that was extremely irratic. Finally, the case was in production and I was told upon completion of my specs on the case I'd be contacted and we'd finalize. That was Dec. 29. Today is March 12. Our contact of any kind never has went beyond Dec 29. Apparently response is so overwhelming for this product that they do not need to bother with the small guys like me!:eek:
Additionally here - I sent the seller of the Timberland cases an email thru ebay yesterday. You guessed it; they don't have to respond! The product is so great it sells itself!! No response. Interested parties I guess will just have to take a chance!

RK

calgal
03-18-2009, 10:25 AM
I stumbled across your thread while doing a search on Wayne (World B) Otto. If I may, I would like to throw my two cents in even though it is not baseball related. I visited Waynes store in Boone in January. He sold me a pair of game used Eric Staal NHL Hockey gloves and after inspecting the gloves thoroughly and assuring me that they were indeed Eric Staals, he "gave me a deal" saying that if he sold them on line they would go for much more because Staal is so popular. A few weeks later, I had Eric Staal over to my home for dinner and gave him the gloves to autograph. Staal immediately knew that they were not his or had ever been his, or property of Carolina Hurricanes. He felt bad that I had been taken advantage of so he brought it up to his equipment manager who has helped me. Long story short, I have contacted Wayne Otto SEVERAL times about this and he has been less than helpful. He will not give me my money back and after speaking to other local memorabilia dealers, I have heard some not so great comments about his dishonest deals. Please be careful about purchasing from Wayne Otto/Pro-Am Sports in Boone, NC/Gameworn Uniforms on-line. He is not honest and will take advantage of anyone who doesn't know better.:mad:

schubert1970
03-18-2009, 11:24 PM
I purchased a Monta Ellis jersey from him last year. I was able to get a photomatch of the jersey so I have no complaints, and I think I got it at a great price.

sox83cubs84
08-05-2009, 03:28 PM
Gotta say, I was happy with my most recent transaction with Wayne. Pay Pal payment was sent Saturday (while he was at the National), and my item was received today (Wednesday). Prompt response and decent item, he did me right here.

Dave M.
Chicago area

hockeytigers
08-05-2009, 03:58 PM
Below is the link to my story...to long of a story to get into...you can read about it on the post below...wouldn't spend another dime with Wayne Otto!!!

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=23188