PDA

View Full Version : O/T What Else Does Everyone Collect?

Ozric
03-12-2009, 11:11 AM
Reading Bill's thread got me interested in what other items GUU members collect outside of the game used gear. I am the first to admit that I have an obsessive collecting personality and have not been able to limit myself to only sports related collectables. Again, obviously a bit off topic, but could be fun finding out what other types of collections are out there. I actually collect drumsticks/concert memorabilia from the legendary Rush rock drummer Neil Peart. I have been able to secure 6 stage used sticks from 6 different rush tours as well as a host or rare non used sticks. It does not sound like a lot, but legitimate ones are extremely difficult to find, and can get really really pricey. One pair recently sold for $2500 a few months back. I also have his last set of red Simmons electronic drums he used to tour with in the late 80's. Anyone else want to share...

Thanks,

Tim

nycsports
03-12-2009, 11:46 AM
That sounds like an awesome collection! Do you have any pics that you can post?

I actually collect Rush autographs. My collection is small, but I have a tour book signed by the band, a piece of paper signed by Neil Peart and Geddy Lee, and a CD insert signed by Hugh Syme. Aside from Rush autographs, I also like to collect Beastie Boys live concert CDs.

staindsox
03-12-2009, 12:25 PM
I also collect band memorabilia. I had a bigger Metallica and Godsmack collection, but most of my stuff now is from Staind or their singer Aaron Lewis, who now does his own solo touring. I have one of his used guitars with the case, one of his used hats, tons of used picks and drumsticks, stage setlists, passes, tour itinerary books, rare OOP CDs, signed photos and tour posters, and a load of other rare odds and ends.

Chris

godwulf
03-12-2009, 02:23 PM
I used to collect old police shooting medals, and I still have a couple of hundred of them, carefully packed away in a large box. The thing is, I'm not really sure why I began the collection, never having been either a civilian cop or a particular gun enthusiast.

I remember seeing some like those I later began to collect, at a flea market in San Diego, back in the mid-'70s, priced at probably about five bucks each, and I thought they were really cool, but my budget in those days didn't permit me to buy them.

Then, shortly after discovering eBay, about eleven years ago, I was just surfing around the site one night and saw a half-dozen incredibly cool-looking, vintage police shooting medals about to end for only five or six bucks each, and on impulse I bought them. I haven't looked at them in years, but I remember that some go back to the early '30s, and were sponsored by Chicago newspapers. Some I had to bid fairly high on, like the 1940s White House Police medals. There are some real oddities, too, like the (probably '50s vintage) shooting medal from some obscure government agency, exact name forgotten, but something like "Atomic Energy Security Force".

Some of my more active collections, currently, are resin and ceramic superhero statues, virtually anything having to do with Tarzan or Zorro, and posters and lobby cards from those (mostly) terrible old Italian sword-and-sandal films of the late '50s - early '60s, in addition to dvds of the films themselves.

Ozric
03-12-2009, 02:54 PM
Great stuff guys... It's nice to hear that I am not alone. It's funny though as my stuff is packed away in my closet as well. I simply have no room to display any of it as my sports stuff is taking up all my wall space/room. nycsports... I, unfortunately, still have not yet mastered the art of posting pics. I have been meaning to do so, but just never got around to it. Send me your e-mail and I'll send you some pics when I dig them out.

Thanks,

Tim

sandmanclan@sbcglobal.net

thomecollector
03-12-2009, 03:11 PM
I collect Jim Thome HR tickets. I have been collecting them for about 10 years. I have approximately 472 out of 541. The one that seem to be the hardest are the early road tix. Especially places like Minnesota,Texas,KC,Boston etc. Sometimes I go for months without finding any. Then, like this week I come across 5-6. I thought about giving up a few times. But then I have to remind myself that I have more than anyone else I know. Plus, I am closer to the end than I am to the beginning. I guess it's all about the thrill of the chase:D

athletics61
03-12-2009, 03:19 PM
I have collected coins for 34 years and still do to this day. Collecting coins got me into baseball cards, which led me into collecting game worn jerseys. I have gotten more into coins again, but like balancing my hobbies.

Don

70to66
03-12-2009, 03:21 PM
I have a 1969 mach 1 mustang, so i'm into old cars and I collect old signs like coke and pepsi. The game used and autographs are fun, but sometimes jump from one of the collections to the other.

Rob L
03-12-2009, 03:25 PM
Besides the 19th Century baseball items that are on my website, I have been picking away at the T201 Mecca Double-Folder baseball cards that came out in 1911. These are great, they have one player on the front of card. The card then folded and another player is depicted, using the same lower legs of the player on the front. The back of the card also had the stats of both players which was a first (along with the 1911 T205 cards). There are 50 cards total (of which I have 38) and numerous HOFers (Cobb, Crawford, Johnson, Evers, Tinker, Huggins, Jennings, McCarthy, Wheat, among others). I also have about 60 T206 cards.

perlman9
03-12-2009, 04:08 PM
Hey Don
I have some coins I got from my grandpa when I was a kid and know nothing about them. If I take some pics, do you think you can try to help me out? I know my grandpa loved coins and would love to know more about what they are!

staindsox
03-12-2009, 04:09 PM
Rob,

Do you have the Cole/Kling card yet? My father and I completed both the T201 and T205 sets several years ago. Cole/Kling was without a doubt the rarest card in the set. It often goes for 2-3 times what a common would sell for. Most who collect that set would agree, so I don't know why SCD and a few other publishers say Dougherty/Lord is.

Chris

nkeubie@embarqmail.com
03-12-2009, 04:44 PM
I tried to collect gold coins at one point in my life.... I think I only managed to get 12-15 coins when I realized it was too expensive to collect heavily. They're locked up in my safe deposit box and I haven't seen them in a couple years. I just stick with baseball stuff now.

Nick

yanks12025
03-12-2009, 04:47 PM
I used to be into WW2 items like helmets,etc. I still have acouple of helmets from other wars, some medals that my great-grand father recieved from his time in WW2 and some of his paper work.

Chris78
03-12-2009, 04:54 PM
I have collected in the past video games, Star Wars figures, sports cards, autographs, along with other things. I also go to baseball games and get bobblehead, stadium replicas, figurines, or other promotions. I have been starting to cut back lately on buying stuff; although, that may change when I attend the Orioles Fanfest soon.

Chris

Fnazxc0114
03-12-2009, 04:59 PM
ive been working on a 56 topps set for a few years now. have about six cards to go.

Rob L
03-12-2009, 05:11 PM
Rob,

Do you have the Cole/Kling card yet? My father and I completed both the T201 and T205 sets several years ago. Cole/Kling was without a doubt the rarest card in the set. It often goes for 2-3 times what a common would sell for. Most who collect that set would agree, so I don't know why SCD and a few other publishers say Dougherty/Lord is.

Chris

Chris, I do have the Cole/Kling card. You're right though, the Dougherty/Lord card was not hard to get. Believe it or not, the toughest card for me to finally get was the Lajoie/Falkenberg for some reason. Luckily, I'm just down to commons now as I have completed the HOF and alleged "tough" cards of the set.

both-teams-played-hard
03-12-2009, 06:08 PM
I, unfortunately, still have not yet mastered the art of posting pics. I have been meaning to do so, but just never got around to it. Send me your e-mail and I'll send you some pics when I dig them out.

http://www.imagehosting.com/
choose file...upload file...cut&paste for forums

I collect action figures from my childhood, amoung other things.
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/7736/bigfootlarge.jpg

BaseballGM
03-12-2009, 06:11 PM
ex-wives.

b.heagy
03-12-2009, 06:17 PM
I also collect band memorabilia. I had a bigger Metallica and Godsmack collection, but most of my stuff now is from Staind or their singer Aaron Lewis, who now does his own solo touring. I have one of his used guitars with the case, one of his used hats, tons of used picks and drumsticks, stage setlists, passes, tour itinerary books, rare OOP CDs, signed photos and tour posters, and a load of other rare odds and ends.

Chris

Have alot in common with your taste of music. My brother is a HUGE Metallica collector. I have a little collection of coins with special interest in early gold. Have some action figues put away, Civil War items, Abe Lincoln items and some music memorabilia set aside as well. If it sparks some interest and I can appreciate the item and the history behind it I usually will try to add it to my collection. A little history leson for my kids when they get older.

camarokids
03-12-2009, 06:18 PM
ex-wives.

You won!

That has to be the most expensive hobby out there....

Ozric
03-12-2009, 07:24 PM
http://www.imagehosting.com/
choose file...upload file...cut&paste for forums

I collect action figures from my childhood, amoung other things.
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/7736/bigfootlarge.jpg

Thanks for the help on posting pics. Too funny about the 6 million dollar man stuff. I was at my parents house last week and my mom tossed me my old Steve Austin doll still in the box. It is well used but still has the rubber cover on the arm where you can pull his skin down to see his bionics. His arm won't lift the engine anymore though as the lever on the back does not work. Man, I used to love that thing...

Thanks again,

Tim

athletics61
03-12-2009, 09:15 PM
Hey Don
I have some coins I got from my grandpa when I was a kid and know nothing about them. If I take some pics, do you think you can try to help me out? I know my grandpa loved coins and would love to know more about what they are!

What are the coins your grandfather gave you? Dates, mintmarks, and condition are key.

I could give you pretty good assessment.

Don
dthedos@columbus.rr.com

jetersbatboy
03-12-2009, 09:30 PM
I collect Tattoos, I don't know if you can collect them apposing to having them but I have about 15 or so...

gingi79
03-12-2009, 09:34 PM
I am trying to recapture my youth so in the past 15 years, I have gotten my fair share of G.I. Joe's, Transformers, etc. My favorite item is a mint condition George Carlin figure from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure which epitomizes the 80's to me and Carlin is my hero.

I also collected Dale Jr Die Cast and I own his most valuable cars (although that's all relative as they plummeted in the economy)

woody1351
03-12-2009, 09:43 PM
i collect race stuff, nascar, nhra, indy car, WoO, and usac. i also collect old car signs. heres a pic of a rear wing off aj foyts car thats all i have on my comp right now. i took it to daytona with me last year and he was suppoed to sign autographs but he didnt show up with mario andretti.

Capital-Sports
03-12-2009, 09:56 PM
JETERSBATBOY

Nice ink.....I have 4 I got while in the Marine Corps. Id be interested in seeing some more pics if you dont mind. Im looking to get a few more in the future. I prefer to keep them from being seen, but they stick out on my left arm unless I wear a long sleeve shirt, but theres alot of pride in them from my time in the corps.

jetersbatboy
03-12-2009, 10:01 PM
JETERSBATBOY

Nice ink.....I have 4 I got while in the Marine Corps. Id be interested in seeing some more pics if you dont mind. Im looking to get a few more in the future. I prefer to keep them from being seen, but they stick out on my left arm unless I wear a long sleeve shirt, but theres alot of pride in them from my time in the corps.

Thanks, I try to get some up later. Ill need some help from my wife to take a picture or two, and a couple tattoo's are to ugly to post and one is in a spot that should not been seem by other's(YOUNG AND STUPID!!!!!)

chakes89
03-12-2009, 11:14 PM
You won!

That has to be the most expensive hobby out there....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prenuptial_agreement

:D

Masimen
03-13-2009, 12:43 AM
I have spent the last 20 years in the concert touring industry. I have been able to amass quite a collection of concert memorabilia, picks, sticks, passes, posters, guitars etc. Not something I actively collect. The stuff just seems to pile up and it has sentimental value, so I hold onto it. My collecting passion is Yankee game used bats, but the other stuff is still very cool

mariner_gamers
03-13-2009, 01:27 AM
Star Wars, video game systems Atari etc, full size arcade games/pinballs, autographs of famous folks outside of sports and graphs of friends/family at special events in my life. 35 family members went to Maui in 1999 and we had hats made. I got mine signed by everyone there. Ten years later 3 folks on the hat are no longer with us and it means more to me than any other signed item I own. Skateboard decks, vintage beer memorabilia, 45 records.....I think that about covers it........

island_style
03-13-2009, 04:57 AM
I don't spend nearly as much time on these as I used to, but outside of the game used items, I collect TV show scripts, skateboard decks, signed contracts, Vero Beach Dodgertown items and Dodgers sleeve patches.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

Ollie
03-13-2009, 08:45 AM
I used to collect vintage movie posters. Still have quite a few but would love to sell most of them and make more room for Yankees Game Used Stuff. Here are the few more popular ones I have framed.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/290/pic0008t.jpg (http://img7.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic0008t.jpg)

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/6425/pic0009w.jpg (http://img9.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic0009w.jpg)

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/2118/pic0013q.jpg (http://img11.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic0013q.jpg)

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/4016/pic0081.jpg (http://img259.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic0081.jpg)

JasonBanz
03-13-2009, 08:58 AM
I am a guitarist and I have a decent collection of effects pedals. Only have 2 guitars. But hey they do the job! I stoped buying stuff for my guitar once I got into the game used hobby :rolleyes: .

I also collect NFL non-game used jerseys and helmets.

nationals2k9
03-13-2009, 09:22 AM
I have a fairly extensive Dave Matthews Band collection. I have been to over 50 DMB shows and have all original ticket stubs, some show setlists, drum stick, autographs, etc. I also connected with the band's former music video director last year and have some original artwork of his.

Game-used has more or less taken over the past year or more, but my DMB collection is 10 years in the making so it's quite nice as well.

33bird
03-13-2009, 11:11 AM
Bulls championship years game used jerseys and shoes.
Celtics starting 5 from1980s game used jerseys and shoes.
Big Red Machine bats and jerseys.
Jeff kent game used stuff.
Greg
biggamebird@yahoo.com

MUSEOVEN
03-13-2009, 11:27 AM
Hello::)

I Collect Venezuelan Player Baseball Memorabilia (major League, Minor League, Venezuelan League, Japan League, China League, Etc).. Autograps Of Venezuelan And Others Baseball Players...i Also Collect Venezuelan Players Baseball Cards, Like This 1931 Cards:

camarokids
03-13-2009, 12:10 PM
Things I used to collect....

I used to collect baseball cards, football cards, sports pennants, coca-cola bottles and memorabilia.
Also other sports soda bottles.
I used to collect beer tins and neon signs. Sports related beer cans.
I used to collect US coins and US Paper Money.
Used to collect US postage stamps, Political Campaign Pins & Buttons. Also buttons in general.
Also team signed baseballs from various teams...
Autographs in general...
I used to collect Commemorative Snap-On Tools Tool Sets along with Snap-On Tools Calendars....

I still have a autographed pic of President Bill Clinton....

Most Unusual things I used to collect.....

I used to have a pair of shoe boxes full of girls phone numbers with some of their panties along with any other little souvenirs I could sneak away with.

Yes Kyle, the panties were un-washed to retain their original game used aroma :eek:....

Of course I did this only when I was single!

I also kept a calendar with the names,dates and certain intricate details if you catch my drift. Needless to say this mini collection was all destroyed by a certain someone......:(

Currently I collect Devil Rays game used baseball bats, fielding gloves, hats, batting helmets, etc. I also collect Devil Rays team signed baseballs, signed 8 x 10 photos. Some pennants, and also glassware from their Inaugural Season.

I also have a fairly large collection of sports mags and now with some media guides (thanks to egameused).

I also collect Buccaneers Ticket Stubs (some Devil Rays and others too).

I collect SGA Bobble Heads and other odds and ends SGA's.....

I feel like I am forgetting something.....

chakes89
03-13-2009, 01:55 PM
Most Unusual things I used to collect.....

I used to have a pair of shoe boxes full of girls phone numbers with some of their panties along with any other little souvenirs I could sneak away with.

Yes Kyle, the panties were un-washed to retain their original game used aroma :eek:....

Of course I did this only when I was single!

I also kept a calendar with the names,dates and certain intricate details if you catch my drift. Needless to say this mini collection was all destroyed by a certain someone......:(

Too Much Information

:eek:

geoff
03-13-2009, 02:17 PM
I collect Ticket Stubs of Events and Concerts I go too.By the way I also am a Big Dave Matthews Band Fan and have seen them 19 Times.I am going to have to miss this Summers Tour Stop though.I collect Bobble Heads-Wrestling Memoribilia.I even have a Few Shirts that were worn by Shane Douglas and Taz in the Original ECW.I also have a Pair of Ring Worn Boots from Justin Credible.I have a Signed Used Pair of Gloves that Dan Severn Used in UFC.The Shirts could be available if any interest or I could Trade them for Game Used Stuff.I also Collect DVD'S And CD'S.And Autographs from Football and BaseBall Players.

Thanks
Geoff

geof631@yahoo.com

suicide_squeeze
03-13-2009, 02:20 PM

Before the wifey off'ed it, did you ever try to photo match any of that game used attire?:rolleyes:

suicide_squeeze
03-13-2009, 02:21 PM
I used to collect 100% Hot Wheels......I stopped about 5 years back.....just kind of lost desire as I am only really interested in game used baseball stuff.:cool:

gatorcollector
03-13-2009, 02:27 PM
Islandstyle,

I grew up in Vero Beach and practically spent my childhood at Dodgertown. I will always cherish those memories and it broke my heart when the Dodgers left. I used to have about 20 years worth of Spring Training programs, not sure if I still do. I'll have to dig that stuff out. I think I posted in another thread once about how I saw Sid Fernandez pitch 2 no-hitters at Dodgertown as a Vero Beach Dodger. One of them would have been a perfect game, but he hit one batter. (If I remember correctly, that was a long time ago).

In addition to game used stuff, I also collect autographs of every Gator who has ever played in the NFL, NBA, and MLB. I'm down to one NBA (Clifford Lett, Bulls), two baseball (Ned Porter and Lefty Guise, both deceased), and less than 40 football (out of over 225).

Ozric
03-13-2009, 02:33 PM
I used to collect 100% Hot Wheels......I stopped about 5 years back.....just kind of lost desire as I am only really interested in game used baseball stuff.:cool:

Did you keep any of them? If so, are they displayed anywhere or just in boxes? My kid has a bunch that he wants to display and I was looking for ideas on how to display them...

island_style
03-14-2009, 05:28 AM
I grew up in Vero Beach and practically spent my childhood at Dodgertown. I will always cherish those memories and it broke my heart when the Dodgers left. I used to have about 20 years worth of Spring Training programs, not sure if I still do. I'll have to dig that stuff out. I think I posted in another thread once about how I saw Sid Fernandez pitch 2 no-hitters at Dodgertown as a Vero Beach Dodger. One of them would have been a perfect game, but he hit one batter. (If I remember correctly, that was a long time ago).

It must have been great to spend all that time at Dodgertown. I was there for one week and brought back a lifetime of memories. Shoot me an e-mail if you have a chance. I'd like to hear more about your experience and Dodgertown collection.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

suicide_squeeze
03-14-2009, 11:27 AM
Did you keep any of them? If so, are they displayed anywhere or just in boxes? My kid has a bunch that he wants to display and I was looking for ideas on how to display them...

Ozric,

I still have them in their original boxes. But I did put some thought into how I would display them, as they are so detailed, and the paint jobs are as good as any new Porsche could have!

I would display them in an enclosed cabinet (something like a china cabinet, but maybe a bit smaller in width), with all of the little cars sitting on a mirrored glass shelf with a mirrored back (on the cabinet). That would show off the little gems from every angle. There is just something about the "mirrored" effect of a display....it's nice to look at. If desired, you could also add lights underneath each ledge to illuminate the cars on the shelf below it. They make real inexpensive little florescent "strip" fixtures that are only one inch deep (hense the name "little-inch" light fixtures) that are usually used under kitchen cabinets to place light on the countertops underneath.....those would work perfectly.

If you keep them in a cabinet, they will stay free of dust.....which would quickly detract from the shiney fine appearance of those little gems.

Hope that suggestion gets the wheels turning....

Regards,

Steve

joelsabi
03-15-2009, 12:31 PM
I collect Jim Thome HR tickets. I have been collecting them for about 10 years. I have approximately 472 out of 541. The one that seem to be the hardest are the early road tix. Especially places like Minnesota,Texas,KC,Boston etc. Sometimes I go for months without finding any. Then, like this week I come across 5-6. I thought about giving up a few times. But then I have to remind myself that I have more than anyone else I know. Plus, I am closer to the end than I am to the beginning. I guess it's all about the thrill of the chase:D

HR ticket collecting is really tough. I have tried and failed. You have to be a expert research which I think you are unless you have been searching from the start of Thome career. I often wonder if someone can jump start a hr ticket bank and make money off of it. No one has tried so it takes patience to collect ticket.

Looks like you have the second largest single player collection I have ever seen next to this one guy who collects Ripken Consecutive tickets. Best of Luck.

chuck70
03-15-2009, 02:17 PM
I like to collect Baseball Cards mostly Milwaukee Brewers players and complete sets.I also enjoy collecting and reading Comic Books especially the X-Men,Wolverine,and the Punisher.

Chuck

thomecollector
03-15-2009, 02:52 PM
HR ticket collecting is really tough. I have tried and failed. You have to be a expert research which I think you are unless you have been searching from the start of Thome career. I often wonder if someone can jump start a hr ticket bank and make money off of it. No one has tried so it takes patience to collect ticket.

Looks like you have the second largest single player collection I have ever seen next to this one guy who collects Ripken Consecutive tickets. Best of Luck.
Thanks. Yeah, it is a bit tiresome. I spend a few hours at a time on ebay searching through different ticket lots. Every now and again I catch a break. I have been real focused as I have had more time on my hands. Maybe it's a good thing. I wish I could find some folks on this forum that had some tix lying around. Especially , the ones from places like Boston,Texas,KC, and others. I know there out there. Thanks for the props. :D

kellsox
03-15-2009, 03:46 PM
I collect prints from street artist Shepard Fairey.
kelly

cns1
03-15-2009, 04:09 PM
Casino chips, gambling tokens and other casino items

- Cash paid for single items or collections -
- let me know what you have -

http://chipsnstuff.com/images/Chip%20Scans/Hard%20Rock/02-03/2003%20ozzy%205%20a.JPGhttp://chipsnstuff.com/images/Chip%20Scans/Hard%20Rock/95-98/98%20stonesA.jpghttp://chipsnstuff.com/images/Chip%20Scans/Hard%20Rock/99-01/2000%20hallow.JPG

Hard Rock chips

http://chipsnstuff.com/images/Chip%20Scans/Nevada%20Clubs/Nev%20Club%20Reno%20Crystal%20Bay/N5272.JPGhttp://chipsnstuff.com/images/Chip%20Scans/Nevada%20Clubs/Nev%20Club%20Reno%20Crystal%20Bay/N5271.JPGhttp://chipsnstuff.com/images/Chip%20Scans/Nevada%20Clubs/Nev%20Club%20Reno%20Crystal%20Bay/N5268.JPG

Chips

http://chipsnstuff.com/images/NevClub%20dice.JPG

Dice

http://chipsnstuff.com/images/Tokens/dia%20jims%20nc%205%201967.JPG

Slot tokens

http://chipsnstuff.com/images/Misc/post%20cards/9.JPG

Postcards

http://chipsnstuff.com/images/Misc/Coaster%20Sahara.JPG

Drink Coasters

http://chipsnstuff.com/images/Misc/Coaster%20Diamond%20Jims.JPG

Drink Coasters

thomecollector
03-15-2009, 05:01 PM
Casino chips, gambling tokens and other casino items

- Cash paid for single items or collections -
- let me know what you have -

http://chipsnstuff.com/images/Chip%20Scans/Hard%20Rock/02-03/2003%20ozzy%205%20a.JPGhttp://chipsnstuff.com/images/Chip%20Scans/Hard%20Rock/95-98/98%20stonesA.jpghttp://chipsnstuff.com/images/Chip%20Scans/Hard%20Rock/99-01/2000%20hallow.JPG

Hard Rock chips

http://chipsnstuff.com/images/Chip%20Scans/Nevada%20Clubs/Nev%20Club%20Reno%20Crystal%20Bay/N5272.JPGhttp://chipsnstuff.com/images/Chip%20Scans/Nevada%20Clubs/Nev%20Club%20Reno%20Crystal%20Bay/N5271.JPGhttp://chipsnstuff.com/images/Chip%20Scans/Nevada%20Clubs/Nev%20Club%20Reno%20Crystal%20Bay/N5268.JPG

Chips

http://chipsnstuff.com/images/NevClub%20dice.JPG

Dice

http://chipsnstuff.com/images/Tokens/dia%20jims%20nc%205%201967.JPG

Slot tokens

http://chipsnstuff.com/images/Misc/post%20cards/9.JPG

Postcards

http://chipsnstuff.com/images/Misc/Coaster%20Sahara.JPG

Drink Coasters

http://chipsnstuff.com/images/Misc/Coaster%20Diamond%20Jims.JPG

Drink Coasters

I have a $5 chip from the grand opening of the Las Vegas Hilton. What's it worth to ya?

cns1
03-15-2009, 05:53 PM
I have a $5 chip from the grand opening of the Las Vegas Hilton. What's it worth to ya?

Hi Roger -

Is it maroon with 6 yellow inserts around the edge, and a rainbow design w/ $5 on a white background in the center?

If yes, it is probably worth between $12-35.00, with the actual value totally dependent on the condition - If it is like new with square edges (does it stand on its edge?) it's probably worth $35.00. Its not extremely rare, its estimated that there are somewhere between 350-700 of them out there -

If thats not the correct description of what you have, could you email me a pic or post a scan here? Some of the 1st edition chips from the LV Hilton are extremely rare and carry values from $600 up to $2000.00 - and oddly, there is no $5 chip listed with the first edition chips -

Thanks-
Lance

thomecollector
03-15-2009, 06:09 PM
Hi Roger -

Is it maroon with 6 yellow inserts around the edge, and a rainbow design w/ $5 on a white background in the center?

If yes, it is probably worth between $12-35.00, with the actual value totally dependent on the condition - If it is like new with square edges (does it stand on its edge?) it's probably worth $35.00. Its not extremely rare, its estimated that there are somewhere between 350-700 of them out there -

If thats not the correct description of what you have, could you email me a pic or post a scan here? Some of the 1st edition chips from the LV Hilton are extremely rare and carry values from $600 up to $2000.00 - and oddly, there is no $5 chip listed with the first edition chips -

Thanks-
Lance
Send me your email address. I will send a scan.

70to66
03-15-2009, 06:31 PM
Somewhere I have a hard rock casino zz top poker chip, what is it worth?
I think I got it in 1996.
70to66

cns1
03-15-2009, 07:04 PM
Somewhere I have a hard rock casino zz top poker chip, what is it worth?
I think I got it in 1996.
70to66

$40-50.00 if like new

Lance

70to66
03-15-2009, 07:10 PM
Are you interested if I can find it?

cns1
03-15-2009, 07:15 PM
Are you interested if I can find it?

Sure -

Please send a scan of both sides - the size I used in my original post or larger if you can -

Thanks -

Lance
lance@chipsnstuff.com

70to66
03-15-2009, 07:23 PM
I will look for it, It might be a few days before I find it.
70to66

70to66
03-15-2009, 08:49 PM
E-mail sent with scans.
70to66

ivo610
02-16-2010, 07:53 PM
As people on here were talking about how other forums they are on have more or less drama, it got me wondering... What else do you guys all collect?

I collect sports books, and I have a decent comic book collection. (please dont laugh too hard, I promise I have never been to comic con)

legaleagle92481
02-16-2010, 08:01 PM
Celebrity autographs!

xpress34
02-16-2010, 08:02 PM
I collect sports books, and I have a decent comic book collection. (please dont laugh too hard, I promise I have never been to comic con)

I have. Went to San Diego Comic Con last July with the wife and kid - it was a BLAST! And I added to balls to my autograph collection there - Todd McFarlane (who owns McGwire's 70th and a pretty major baseball collection and makes Sports Picks) and Thomas Jane (who played Mickey Mantle in 61*)

My Vintage collection (which I just started back up) can be see here along with AUTO'd books:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/Comic%20Books/

You can also see my sketch cards, etc there...

- Chris

allstarsplus
02-16-2010, 09:47 PM
Besides game used memorabilia, I collect:

1960's baseball cards
1950's and 1960's Drive-In movie items
Sports art
Special cigar boxes

BMH
02-16-2010, 10:10 PM
I am very fond of military rifles from WW1 and WW2. I mainly focus on American rifles, 1903's, 1917's, M1's and M1 carbines.

My favorite piece at the moment has to be a Standard Products M1 carbine I picked up. It of course has a stock made by Hillerich & Bradsby during WW2.

yanks12025
02-16-2010, 10:20 PM
Very nice rifle Brian, i bought a model 03-A3 Smith & Corona acouple months ago, it's production year is 1943. But my other collecting hobby is military items(not much), own a WW2 German helemt that was dug-up from Russia, American helemts from WW2-Vietnam war, medals(past relative), and acouple uniforms.

kirkb
02-16-2010, 10:27 PM
I also like early pre 1900 electrical items and harness racing items. Also own a 1970 Roadrunner Superbird.

skyking26
02-16-2010, 10:47 PM
I've collected Topps Baseball Sets from 74 to present, and do same for my son from his birthday 97 forward.

I collected Marvel comics as a kid, stopped after college, never revived it but keep them all and will pass them onto kids. Momento of my youth, can't get rid of 'em.

both-teams-played-hard
02-16-2010, 11:37 PM
http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/1508/silk1n.jpghttp://img121.imageshack.us/img121/4897/silk3azf.jpg
Screen worn jockey silks from the 30s or 40s.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/5512/gav1f.jpghttp://img44.imageshack.us/img44/3691/gav4.jpg
Official gavel used by Charles Halleck at the 1960 Republican National Convention. Halleck helped LBJ push the 1964 Civil Rights Act through congress.

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/6976/jj1e.jpg
Action figures made in the 70s, especially examples made by Shindana and Mego.

Blaxploitation movie posters, animation art http://i47.tinypic.com/2rdapav.jpg

1960s and 70s comedy LPs from the "Laff" and the "Dooto" labels, etc.
http://i50.tinypic.com/scuhzc.jpg

Anything related to my idol, Redd Foxx (albums, autographs, photos).
http://i48.tinypic.com/23sestc.jpg

Sonny25
02-16-2010, 11:40 PM
Original sports broadcast on dvds.

I have over 900+ Jordan games, thousands & thousands of other NBA games (Some very rare).

I also have thousands & thousands of college basketball & high school games as well.

jobathenut
02-17-2010, 04:00 AM
I have many different collections.I collections of rusty wallace,dale earnhardt jr and sr and other nascar and nhra car and no car collection.James dean,wrestling dvds and vhs tapes.I also have a huge pittsburgh steelers signed and not signed collection.And also pittsburgh pirates collection.New york yankees collection.Current hollywood and sports signed collection.I do not have very many game used items.But i do have a nice ticket and program collection.And rare book collection like first editions of dean koontz books and also tale of two cities.I also have terry redlin collection for you wildlife art people and i also have my dads 30/40 krag which was a civil war rifle.And i also have collections of alot of nice danbury mint sports items.I guess you could say,i just used to love to collect.:)

jobathenut
02-17-2010, 04:06 AM
I have a collection of vhs sports games on vhs tapes (manly pittsburgh steelers) but have really downsized over the years as they take up alot of room.I used to have a ton of bulls mj basketball games.I was going to transfer them to dvds but never got to it.So the tapes i have left,they just sit in my storage with my other collections.It makes me sad as i used to tape everything and was really big in the taping hobby.I used to have well over 10,000 tapes.I had every shaquille o'neal college game and so many other great games.Sorry sonny,i read your post and it reminded me of my collection and had to write this.

I have over 900+ Jordan games, thousands & thousands of other NBA games (Some very rare).

I also have thousands & thousands of college basketball & high school games as well.

Ollie
02-17-2010, 07:33 AM
Now I concentrate on baseball but used to collect vintage movie posters from the 30's to the 60's. Got a nice collection, most of them archive framed. Most likely sell some of them but a few are rare so one day will donate them to a museum or back to the studios.

Also collecting recents Topps Series 1 and Series 2 baseball cards.

tigerdale
02-17-2010, 07:45 AM
Buck knives...

staindsox
02-17-2010, 08:28 AM
1880s baseball trade cards, Pre-War baseball cards, early 1900s boxing memorabilia (Jack Dempsey, Jack Johnson, Stanley Ketchel, etc), and memorabilia from some of my favorite bands.

staindsox
02-17-2010, 08:31 AM
...and Paul Molitor cards. I have well over 1000 now.

bigtruck260
02-17-2010, 12:47 PM
In addition to bats, I collect baseballs from games that I attend with my little guy.

2000mvpfan
02-17-2010, 01:04 PM
In addition to his game-used,I also collect Giambi's certified autograph insert cards (have about 90 now).Also 1972-2000 Topps baseball mint sets I collected with my dad before he died,and my personal collection of Yankees Yearbooks (1970-2000) and Topps team sets-also mint-from 1967-2000 (missing only 2 cards:'67 & '68 Mantles)...and autographs-now its mostly Yankees and Phillies,but way back when as a kid in the NY Metro area where there was literally a show every weekend-in the mid '80's-it was everybody...

suave1477
02-17-2010, 01:14 PM
Sports related but not game used.
1961 Topps (especially Yankees players)
Darryl Strawberry Limited Edition Baseball cards
Movie used sports related items.

Non Sports related
Cars that I can customize

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/116/l_200548de5487faf6defd7036cc52f6d9.jpg
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/125/l_0e3e984366c6278d44ffc4b566c40d59.jpg
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/8/l_a0d9f0683a039b9a9f6ed8a8c1f349cc.jpg

thomecollector
02-17-2010, 01:48 PM
Besides game used. I collect Thome Homerun tickets. Have around 520 of 564. Still looking for tix @ Rangers,White Sox, Twins, etc. Lmk if there are any early to mid 90's Twins tix out there. Especially 91-02. :D
Thanks,Roger

ivo610
02-17-2010, 02:37 PM
Sports related but not game used.
1961 Topps (especially Yankees players)
Darryl Strawberry Limited Edition Baseball cards
Movie used sports related items.

Non Sports related
Cars that I can customize

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/116/l_200548de5487faf6defd7036cc52f6d9.jpg
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/125/l_0e3e984366c6278d44ffc4b566c40d59.jpg
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/8/l_a0d9f0683a039b9a9f6ed8a8c1f349cc.jpg

I think I might have to post a few car pictures come spring when i get everything out of the warehouse.

ahuff
02-17-2010, 03:08 PM

Do you happen to have any of Laettner or Dennis Scott? Mainly looking for games during their college days? If so, can you contact me? THANK YOU!!!!

rangers2021 (at) yahoo <dot> com

punch
02-17-2010, 03:20 PM
Great thread. Besides sports memorabilia I'm really into watches. Not a HUGE watch collector, but I really love the hobby and read a few watch forums.

My current lineup

http://brian.tcstangs.com/pics/watches/group.jpg

xpress34
02-17-2010, 03:45 PM
I'll have to post pics of mine... are two of those Breitlings??? I see the wings, but I have seen other companies use a similar logo as well...

- Chris

Great thread. Besides sports memorabilia I'm really into watches. Not a HUGE watch collector, but I really love the hobby and read a few watch forums.

My current lineup

http://brian.tcstangs.com/pics/watches/group.jpg

bigtruck260
02-17-2010, 03:46 PM
In addition to bats, I collect baseballs from games that I attend with my little guy.

Forgot, I have a Topps Allen & Ginter run that is current from 2006. Cool set!

Sonny25
02-17-2010, 03:51 PM
Do you happen to have any of Laettner or Dennis Scott? Mainly looking for games during their college days? If so, can you contact me? THANK YOU!!!!

rangers2021 (at) yahoo <dot> com

I have tons of Laettner games from his Duke days.
And off the top of my head I can think of about 5-6 Georgia Tech games with Scott as well.

Jayworld
02-17-2010, 04:05 PM
I collect Southwest Conference game-used football helmets (have about 14) and game-used jerseys. Also collect comics (most from the 1970s-early 1980s), but that has fallen by the way-side because of the high prices of comics these days, baseball cards and Padres cards from the 1974-83 period, and also original series Battlestar Galactica items (cards, autographs, memorabilia), etc.

b.heagy
02-17-2010, 04:25 PM
Coins, Golden Age and Silver Age Comics Books, Guns, Toys, and Abraham Lincoln items. Too many pokers in the fire ! ;)

casmith12
02-17-2010, 04:38 PM
I collect baseball cards from t206's to 1958. But I am currently building a set of 1956 topps.

jwasserman
02-17-2010, 06:08 PM
political pins of former baseball players (and related)
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/wassermj/politics%20and%20baseball/IMG_5533.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/wassermj/politics%20and%20baseball/F3XX3Q89M22S.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/wassermj/politics%20and%20baseball/s.jpg http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/wassermj/politics%20and%20baseball/0185_1.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/wassermj/politics%20and%20baseball/c8e6_1.jpg http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/wassermj/politics%20and%20baseball/a396_1.jpg

70to66
02-17-2010, 06:18 PM
!. Sports Autographs mainly baseball
2. Old advertising signs and thermometers
3. 1969 mach 1 mustang

grenda12
02-17-2010, 09:20 PM
I collect lapel pins and bobbleheads (White Sox of course)

suave1477
02-18-2010, 11:08 AM
I think I might have to post a few car pictures come spring when i get everything out of the warehouse.

IVO you have cars in storage?

chipperhank44
02-18-2010, 11:50 AM
I collect autographed baseball and football cards, focusing mainly on prospects, Hank Aaron, and Peyton Manning. I also attempted coins and antique fishing lures, got boring really quickly.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/chipperhank44/PC/100_0476.jpg

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/chipperhank44/PC/manningrcau.jpg

cohibasmoker
02-18-2010, 12:11 PM
I collect Political memorabilia. I made a donation to the Scott Brown campaign and after he won the Senate seat, he sent out these very nice "thank you" letters.

I particularly like the heading of the letter, "SCOTT BROWN UNITED STATES SENATE"

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net

kudu
02-18-2010, 12:29 PM
I dabble a little bit in dunnys and vinyl toys.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1257/1183014617_105e18b86a_o.jpg

godwulf
02-18-2010, 12:42 PM
In addition to collecting sports-related tv- and movie-used items, I also occasionally find a screen-used item that has no sports connection, that I must own. One of my very favorites is an FBI trophy that Fox Mulder had in his office on The X-Files, prominently displayed in the opening sequence of the sixth season episode 'Dreamland II'. I've also got some other X-Files items: fake law books - covers glued to blocks of styrofoam - and a "bloody", bullet-ridden Marine t-shirt.

I also have a couple of license plates used in the film 'Switchback', including the Texas plate from Danny Glover's porn-filled cadillac, the plate from the back of Stallone's van used in 'Rocky Balboa', a costume worn by Malcolm Jamal-Warner in the short-lived sci-fi series 'Jeremiah', and Detective Lenny Briscoe's badge and badge case from 'Law & Order: Trial by Jury'.

Currently looking for: anything from 'Sons of Anarchy' or the late, lamented 'Jericho'.

ivo610
02-18-2010, 02:32 PM
In addition to collecting sports-related tv- and movie-used items, I also occasionally find a screen-used item that has no sports connection, that I must own. One of my very favorites is an FBI trophy that Fox Mulder had in his office on The X-Files, prominently displayed in the opening sequence of the sixth season episode 'Dreamland II'. I've also got some other X-Files items: fake law books - covers glued to blocks of styrofoam - and a "bloody", bullet-ridden Marine t-shirt.

I also have a couple of license plates used in the film 'Switchback', including the Texas plate from Danny Glover's porn-filled cadillac, the plate from the back of Stallone's van used in 'Rocky Balboa', a costume worn by Malcolm Jamal-Warner in the short-lived sci-fi series 'Jeremiah', and Detective Lenny Briscoe's badge and badge case from 'Law & Order: Trial by Jury'.

Currently looking for: anything from 'Sons of Anarchy' or the late, lamented 'Jericho'.

Can you post a picture of the trophy? That sounds really cool!

ivo610
02-18-2010, 02:34 PM
IVO you have cars in storage?

Yeah, two. I will post them in the spring. One is the daily driver in the summer and the other would be the "weekend" car. Since I live in Wi Im not able to drive anything great in the winter.

crazyxbowler
02-19-2010, 12:41 AM
I collect a few things, autographs from various players or stars, movies, pba bowling items and autographs, and coins.

xpress34
02-19-2010, 07:46 AM
I dabble a little bit in dunnys and vinyl toys.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1257/1183014617_105e18b86a_o.jpg

NICE!!! A 'Smorking' Grenande!!! The wife and kid bought a 'Smorking' Labbitt at ComiCon as well as a few Dunny Vinyls... we also have a fairly good size Mighty Muggs Vinyl collection!

- Chris

kellsox
02-19-2010, 08:48 AM
"Street art" I have about 15-20 Shepard fairey prints and recently started getting into Josh keyes.

godwulf
02-19-2010, 09:10 AM
Can you post a picture of the trophy? That sounds really cool!

Here's one I took just now, and a couple that I "captured" off my big screen, from the episode where it was most prominently displayed in Mulder's office.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0dc38b3127ccef932fe2253e400000030O02EbsmzVu0ZA9 vPhw/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0dc38b3127ccef93252c7d26700000030O02EbsmzVu0ZA9 vPhw/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0dc38b3127ccef933d586b2b100000030O02EbsmzVu0ZA9 vPhw/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

How's that for a photo match? :D

punch
02-24-2010, 12:36 PM
I'll have to post pics of mine... are two of those Breitlings??? I see the wings, but I have seen other companies use a similar logo as well...

- Chris
The one on the top row is a Breitling, the one on the bottom low is a russian volmax Aviator. Their logos look a little similar.

http://www.aviatorwatch.ru