PDA

View Full Version : displaying LOA

mbenga28
03-12-2009, 08:28 AM
how do you all display your LOAs? do you frame them and put them next to your item or store them away?

dcgreg25
03-12-2009, 08:44 AM
Personally, I keep mine stored in a 3-ring binder so I have easy access to them and keep them all in one place. I am not a fan of displaying them unless it was a personalized letter from a player, etc. I learned my lesson the hard way once about keeping COAs together in one place. Once you lose one, you don't often make the same mistake again.

PwKw13
03-12-2009, 09:00 AM
I also keep all of my documentation (LOAs, correspondence, photos, invoices, etc.) filed in one place. I feel more organized that way.

Rob L
03-12-2009, 09:58 AM
Mine are kept in sheet protectors in a 3-ring binder. I feel better organized also with all of them in one place.

russyurk
03-12-2009, 10:11 AM
I keep mine in a file cabinet so I know right where they are. I've never felt a need to display my COA's, in a private setting there is no need to prove anything.

emann
03-12-2009, 10:18 AM
Hmm, I've actually begun displaying just the LOAs and keeping all the dirty GU bats in a box at the back of the garage. Much easier to find display space on the walls for all those letters... ;)

Ollie
03-12-2009, 10:38 AM
I keep all the Steiner ones in their handy folder that was given to me by brad at shafran collectibles. Before that just kept them all together in the envelopes provided.

skyking26
03-12-2009, 11:08 AM
Mine are kept in sheet protectors in a 3-ring binder. I feel better organized also with all of them in one place.
I do the same as Rob, I keep them in a single plastic sheet; one per COA all in a binder and can refer to them as needed. I have a hard enough time with space for all my stuff let alone taking up room on the wall for a Coa. I've thought about putting jersey COA's in a jersey case with it - but I think it is a distraction from the piece, and I have nothing to prove to myself!!!!:D

Birdbats
03-12-2009, 11:37 AM
I have all of mine in plastic sheets and 3-ring binders. They're in my safe-deposit box. It's a small hassle if I need to get one out, but I feel better knowing they're locked away.

bigtruck260
03-12-2009, 12:03 PM
I keep mine in a zippered 3 ring binder along with purchase info, a personal LOA describing how the item was acquired and the original purchase price.

I also try to to have at least one photo that style matches the bat.

If anyone has ever purchased at bat from me on the forum, they will usually get at least the photo and LOA. They stay in my safe - I don't display them.

David
03-12-2009, 01:50 PM
For framed items, I affix the LOA to the back.

If the letter is from the player, team or such, I can see how the LOA can be a nice part of the display.

I had a really sharp vintage photo signed by an Austrian Chemisty Nobel Prize winner, that included a letter from his secretary on Max Plank Institute stationary dated 1946. The letter said she personally went the scientist's office and had him sign the photo, and the letter was addressed to Roy Pitts, a famous American collector. The photo and letter look great side by side, and gives the viewer a nice story about the autograph.

xpress34
03-12-2009, 02:05 PM
I use to keep mine in soft 3 ring pages but now I sleeve them all in top loaders to protect the page.

I am currently archiving (photographing) my entire collection for Insurance Purposes and will be printing photos of any piece I have an LOA/COA on to sleeve with the documentation.

A lesson I learned - the hard way - was not keeping them filed upstairs, but rather in a box in the basement... I lost about 5 LOA/COA letters when we had a leak (didn't flood the basement), but amazing how much only 1/2" or water or less can destroy any paper/cardboard goods in its way...

LUCKILY, I have been in the habit of scanning and archiving my LOA/COA to my external HDD for some time now, so at least for Insurance purposes, I have file copies of the LOA/COA.

As far as displaying them? Never really thought about it, but I do agree that if it was a signed Player letter or such it would make an interesting display.

All the best -

Chris

kylehess10
03-13-2009, 11:13 AM
Normally I'll only display an LOA if it's a player-signed LOA. I have plenty from Steiner and other companies but I keep those in a box on top of one of my display cases. Here's how I display the LOA's I do have out:

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/kylehess1025/DSC_05632.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/kylehess1025/DSC_05642.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/kylehess1025/DSC_05672.jpg

geoff
03-13-2009, 02:02 PM
I keep some in a 3 Ring Binder and I keep some in a Drawer where I can get them really fast if I need to look at them.They are safe and I know I wont lose any.

siren
03-14-2009, 04:22 PM
hello, yes I display my letter of authenticity team letter adjacent to the jersey.

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/2373/img5035.jpg

mwbosoxfan
03-15-2009, 08:20 AM
hello, yes I display my letter of authenticity team letter adjacent to the jersey.

Siren, Nice looking display and nice touch on the table top!

I keep mine in the clear plastic sheets in a folder, but I like the idea of the three ring binder. I do have a few LOA's displayed with their items. The only reason I did that is it just kind of worked in the display area. I have been acquiring a few photo matched bats, and will definitely display those photos with the items.

John

siren
03-15-2009, 11:26 AM
Hi mwbosoxfan and thank you for your comments. It's a bench towel from several seasons ago but like how it complements the same colors as the road jersey.

Your display is also very impressive, clean and symmetrical with nice photo matches.