PDA

View Full Version : Mastro Auctions is NO MORE!

cincy13
03-11-2009, 09:50 AM
They are now Legendary Auctions. Same CEO different name. Bill Mastro is not involved anymore.

encinorick
03-11-2009, 10:23 AM
If Doug Allen is involved, I'd be very careful. Very, very careful. If someone gave him a dead flower, he'd describe it as the most beautiful, lavish bouquet of flowers you've ever seen. He's a salesman nothing more, nothing else.

cincy13
03-11-2009, 10:51 AM
That's what I thought too. They just changed the name of the house.

suicide_squeeze
03-11-2009, 03:16 PM
If Doug Allen is involved, I'd be very careful. Very, very careful. If someone gave him a dead flower, he'd describe it as the most beautiful, lavish bouquet of flowers you've ever seen. He's a salesman nothing more, nothing else.

He's something..................."salesman" is NOT what comes to mind....

I was handed the biggest screwing of my collecting life by Doug. I really don't want to get into it, because I don't feel there is anything to be learned by it. But I will share the brief info....

Suffice it to say that I was about to win one of the most treasured items that I wanted in my lifetime of collecting, only to have him, with ME as the current high bidder, hold up the auction AFTER THE AUCTIONEER HAD ALREADY SAID "GOING ONCE, GOING TWICE......." while they tried to get another bidder on the phone who they weren't able to get ahold of........so approx. 30-40 seconds passed, all the time while I was SCREAMING into the phone in this first-ever live auction of theirs "WHAT'S GOING ON!!??? THIS IS WRONG!?? WHO IS HOLDING THIS UP???!!!......WHY HAVEN'T I HEARD 'S O L D' ! ! ! ? ? ?"......Then to be told by the guy on the phone I was bidding with..."I'm sorry, we now have a bid for $32,500.00. I really do apologize for this".

It was Doug himself, who F'ed me like I've NEVER been F'ed. He took it upon himself, while I followed THEIR rules, was available under THEIR terms to bid.....and he took it upon himself to stop the auctioneer while they attempted over and over, until they finally were able, to get this other bidder on the phone.

I instantly protested, told them what they had just pulled was wrong, and I pulled out of the bidding. I followed that day up, after a long, painful walk to calm down, by sending a scathing letter to Doug Allen expressing my dismay over how that was handled.

I was offered his apologies, his admitance that it was a "Mastro error" and he would take full blame for it, and an offer to avoid the Buyers Premium on any other Item I ever won in one of their future auctions....up to the amount I had just bid for this awesome item.

Gee, what a nice consolation.

It took me three months to get over that screwing. It made me rethink my whole collection, and whether I wanted to continue even bothering to collect.

It was THAT bad of a screwing.

Needless to say, I have never taken him up on that offer because I look elsewhere when bidding in major sports auctions.

THAT.........was it for me and Mastro. "F" me once, shame on you. "F" me twice.....you get the picture.

encinorick
03-13-2009, 10:16 AM
I'm with ya about Doug Allen. The word I was thinking about wasn't "salesman" but "sh**head," but I didn't want put GUU at risk.

Doesn't know swat about sports memorabilia, just looking for money. I hope he puts his own money at risk in this new endeavor and dies a painful financial death.

suicide_squeeze
03-13-2009, 02:29 PM
I have another good story, but it won't hold water unless I supply the picture with it......I'll post tonight when I get home from work.

kylehess and rudy should get a KICK of it.....it involves my SERIOUS homework, on a REAL pricey item......and of course, Doug Allen.

You guys will be disgusted. God knows I was.