PDA

View Full Version : AMI-Bosworth Game Worn Jersey

Canseco44
03-11-2009, 09:35 AM
I have really been looking for one of these for a while, and wanted to get some professional opinions on this one. It is the Brian Bosworth Game Worn Seahawks jersey in the current AMI auction. I have no idea where to began to look at this thing, so if any experts could help me out, I would really appreciate it. Does everything look good? Here is the link

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=47966

Thanks in advance, Todd

TriplexXxSports
03-11-2009, 11:06 AM
Here's my own opinion. Probably not what you are looking for but based on AMI's most recent reputation & their '100% Authentic Team' authenticity reputation, I would suggest staying away from this one.

Canseco44
03-11-2009, 11:25 AM
Yeah, those are kinda my thoughts as well, although they do have some legit nice stuff from time to time. It's just weeding through the crap that always gets me. I have only made two purchases from them, and I was very pleased with both of them. One was a Jason Isringhausen game worn BP jersey and the other was a Jose Canseco 1995 ALDS game worn Red Sox uniform. I have photomatched both of them and couldn't be more happy. But, seeing some of the stuff in the current auction has made me just want to stay away completely and not chance anything. Does anyone else have an opinion on the tagging or other things on the Bosworth jersey?

Thanks, Todd

mvandor
03-11-2009, 12:14 PM
After looking at Getty sleeves look a bit long to me, compare the distance from the hem on the sleeve to the beak of the logo.
Also hard to see Bos in a size 44, seems pretty small in an era when jerseys weren't spray painted onto the players.

suicide_squeeze
03-11-2009, 02:56 PM
I don't see any sign of a major indentation on the chest area of the jersey.....indicative of being run over by Bo Jackson.....so I wouldn't bid on it.:p

Canseco44
03-11-2009, 02:58 PM
I did see him wearing a white jersey from 1988 with the sleeves like the AMI jersey, but I have yet to see a photo of him wearing a jersey in a game, that didn't have the neck cut with scissors. Most of his jersey's have the sleeves cut with scissors.

Todd

lund6771
03-11-2009, 03:25 PM
I did see him wearing a white jersey from 1988 with the sleeves like the AMI jersey, but I have yet to see a photo of him wearing a jersey in a game, that didn't have the neck cut with scissors. Most of his jersey's have the sleeves cut with scissors.

Todd

The majority of his game jerseys are that cut in this fashion...

I think the jersey is a salesman sample myself

I