PDA

View Full Version : Mariano Rivera Signed Game Used Final Out Steiner Baseballs

Sheffield11
03-11-2009, 09:26 AM
What do you guys think of these? They were used to record the final out of a home 08 game and then signed by MO, I think they are pretty cool but the price tags seem a little steep. Anybody think they are worth it?

BULBUS
03-11-2009, 09:31 AM
Do you have a link? or can you post more info like pics and prices?

Thanks,
Chris

Sheffield11
03-11-2009, 09:47 AM
http://www.steinersports.com/ssm/control/product/~pid=RIVEBAS002008

I can get it for less then retail but the price is still up there.

BULBUS
03-11-2009, 10:03 AM
Pretty cool, but way out of my price range right now.

suave1477
03-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Just so everyone understands this is not thee final out ball nor is it necessarily from the final series.

Here is the description!!

Mariano Rivera has hand signed this 2008 Final Season logo baseball and added the inscription “Final Out” because it was the baseball used to record the final out of a game he finished at home during the 2008 season

Sheffield11
03-11-2009, 10:17 AM
I dont think that anybody thought these were used for the last out ever, Its pretty clear that they were just used to make the last out of an 08 home game as stated.

suave1477
03-11-2009, 10:30 AM
I dont think that anybody thought these were used for the last out ever, Its pretty clear that they were just used to make the last out of an 08 home game as stated.

Thank you for helping me point that out:p

BULBUS
03-11-2009, 11:37 AM
there is one on steiners auctions. its already over $700. i bet with the 15% buyers premium, it sells for more the the $1200 they are asking on their website. i see that happen a lot.

http://auction.steinersports.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=103130342&prmenbr=55076099&aunbr=103477052

mbrieve
03-11-2009, 11:56 AM
Does the COA state what game it is from?

It seems like you are basically paying for a GU ball from the final season with the additional inscription "Final Out." I understand they are guaranteeing that it was used for a final out from a game - without dating it from a specific game, it just doesn't have as much appeal to me.

BULBUS
03-11-2009, 12:12 PM
Does the COA state what game it is from?

It seems like you are basically paying for a GU ball from the final season with the additional inscription "Final Out." I understand they are guaranteeing that it was used for a final out from a game - without dating it from a specific game, it just doesn't have as much appeal to me.

I would think that it comes with MLB Authentication (like all of their game used baseballs) stating that it was used for the last out of a 2008 game. I'm sure if you called to order one, Steiner would give you a list of dates available. I'm just speculating, but this is how Steiner usually works.

suave1477
03-11-2009, 12:12 PM
there is one on steiners auctions. its already over $700. i bet with the 15% buyers premium, it sells for more the the $1200 they are asking on their website. i see that happen a lot.

http://auction.steinersports.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=103130342&prmenbr=55076099&aunbr=103477052

Bulbus according to the description the ball they are auctioning off is different then the ones they are selling. According to the description in the one being auctioned off it is the final out made by Rivera.

So I would expect this one to go a lot higher!!

BULBUS
03-11-2009, 12:18 PM
Bulbus according to the description the ball they are auctioning off is different then the ones they are selling. According to the description in the one being auctioned off it is the final out made by Rivera.

So I would expect this one to go a lot higher!!

Isn't that what Steiner is selling for 1200, Rivera final out (save) baseballs? Here is the description from their website:

Mariano Rivera is the ultimate Yankees closer. Since his Major League debut in 1995, Rivera has saved 482 games over the first 14 years of his career, with a 2.29 lifetime ERA. Additionally, Rivera holds the Major League record for postseason saves and most World Series saves. Rivera earned the 1999 World Series MVP, the 2003 ALCS MVP and is a nine-time All-Star who nailed down his record-tying third All-Star Game Save on July 11, 2006. Mariano Rivera has hand signed this 2008 Final Season logo baseball and added the inscription “Final Out” because it was the baseball used to record the final out of a game he finished at home during the 2008 season. A Steiner Sports Certificate of Authenticity is included.

suave1477
03-11-2009, 01:45 PM
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOA now that is really weird either someone there is watching this site or it is pure coincidence.

They changed the description. In my previous comment the description was worded different.

It was something to the effect and it was highlited in a light gray color that is was "Thee ball used for the last out"

Now it is gone, that is very strange.

BULBUS
03-11-2009, 01:48 PM
yeh, they changed the auction description to match the website.

we're being watched :eek: :D

suave1477
03-11-2009, 02:29 PM
Just as a Heads up I was notified by someone from Steiner

That these balls actually come directly fro Riveras personal collection.

He actually saves the last ball from every game he saves and at the end of the year he gives them to Steiner.
Unfortunately he does not date them, so there is no way of telling which game it was actually from. But you can rest assure they are definitely the last out and to me even cooler because they come from Mo himself.

jkalathas
03-11-2009, 02:40 PM
The baseballs are a great item, I have one myself in my collection. Although they are not mlb authenticated (as they do come directly from Mariano)... they do come with a personal letter signed by Mariano stating they were used to make the final out of a save from the 2008 season. They are an amazing item from the final season at Yankee Stadium.

BULBUS
03-11-2009, 02:45 PM
definitely cool, wish i had some extra cash.

suicide_squeeze
03-11-2009, 03:31 PM
To each his own........but to me, they are over-priced and not desireable at all.

I mean.....If Mariano can't even take the time to notate the ball with SOMETHING, indicating what game it was from....a date....a symbol.....ANYTHING to identify it later to tie it to a specific game.......then it's just a piece of heresay.

I wouldn't give them $20.00 for it.

For a grand plus, if you can't place it to a specific point in time, to a specific game, with specific memories of a moment in time.....it's not worth that kind of coin.

But that's just me.

BULBUS
03-11-2009, 03:48 PM
To each his own........but to me, they are over-priced and not desireable at all.

I mean.....If Mariano can't even take the time to notate the ball with SOMETHING, indicating what game it was from....a date....a symbol.....ANYTHING to identify it later to tie it to a specific game.......then it's just a piece of heresay.

I wouldn't give them $20.00 for it.

For a grand plus, if you can't place it to a specific point in time, to a specific game, with specific memories of a moment in time.....it's not worth that kind of coin.

But that's just me.

I knew that Mo always keeps the baseballs from the final out of his saves, and am a little disappointed that he doesnt keep track of them. Does he just have a box of baseballs? Does he at least keep track of milestone saves? I would still pay a little more than 20 bucks though ;) .