PDA

View Full Version : Yankees Munson Game Used Jersey on eBay

both-teams-played-hard
04-22-2006, 11:43 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Thurman-Munson-Game-Used-Jersey_W0QQitemZ8798304553QQcategoryZ60597QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem

Good news: my gut says this is the real deal.
Bad news: my gut doesn't have 10 grand in his checking account.

The sellers' feedback bites, but from the 3 inch x 4 inch photo, it looks good. Maybe someone can call Lou. Not that one, heck, it says it in the description.

JimCaravello
04-23-2006, 04:26 PM
I have e-mailed the seller to try to get better pics of all the stitching and Wilson tagging. If I hear from him, I will let you guys know....Jim

MSpecht
04-23-2006, 09:10 PM
Here are a couple of recent thresds to assist in your rresearch on this item.

The first is Rudy's Wilson Tagging Guide

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=1592&highlight=wilson+tagging (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=1592&highlight=wilson+tagging)

The second is a discussion about a similar 1973 Munson jersey which, according to the Wilson Guide posted by Rudy, should have the same tagging (1060 - 19730.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=1637&highlight=wilson+tagging

Good Luck.

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

MSpecht
04-23-2006, 09:11 PM
Sorry about the poor typing above....I meant tagging from 1960's to 1973.

Mike

JimCaravello
04-28-2006, 08:49 AM
I finally received an e-mail response from the seller asking for more pictures of the tagging and stitching - the response I received was - "I don't have any other photos - the item is in New Jersey if you want to see it" - thought I would pass this along.....Jim

otismalibu
04-28-2006, 09:06 AM
I finally received an e-mail response from the seller asking for more pictures of the tagging and stitching - the response I received was - "I don't have any other photos - the item is in New Jersey if you want to see it"

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but isn't it annoying when sellers won't send additional photos? I was interested in some signed cards this fellow had, so I asked for some pics/scans. They didn't need to be great, just clear enough so I could see what the autos looked like. He photocopied the cards and mailed me the printouts. Not a scan that was emailed, but hard copies that were mailed to me via the USPS. Whatever works, I guess. I bought quite a few of his cards.

Greg

JimCaravello
04-28-2006, 09:53 AM
Greg - you are not hijacking the thread at all. Its a common problem with ebay sellers. I ususally pass on an item when a seller is reluctant to send additional info. Jim

otismalibu
04-28-2006, 10:08 AM
Jim,

I was researching a jersey a few years back and asked a collector if he could email me some closeup pics of the jersey, tagging, etc. He was not selling the jersey, it was just one in his collection. He has an amazing collection and a website as well. But he told me he wasn't really handy with tranferring photos to his computer. He actually offered to mail me the jersey for inspection. A very nice offer, but I didn't feel comfortable having him do that. I think there are still quite a few people out there who don't really know too much about digital camera, scanners, etc. but if you've posted an auction with one photo, I think potential bidders would hope that you could provide additional info and images.

Greg

Yankwood
04-28-2006, 10:24 AM
I am not the person whom the previous posters are speaking of, however, I have to chime in right here because I have no digital anything. In fact I work for Kodak in the film division so I feel as though buying anything digital is like someone who once made buggy whips buying an automobile. The few pictures I do get are off my brother-in-law's equipment and he lives 40 miles away so it's a real pan to do anyway. The only reason I do any of it at all is because the hobby almost requires it, which is obvious by what all of you are saying. Maybe in 5 years when I retire, I'll compromise what few principles I have and go digital. Until then, it's, "Sorry, I don't have any more pictures."

trsent
04-28-2006, 11:11 AM
In fact I work for Kodak in the film division so I feel as though buying anything digital is like someone who once made buggy whips buying an automobile.

I'm pretty sure if the guys who worked in the buggy whip factory were still alive when automobiles were produced they would have bought one with all of their profit from the buggy whip boom.

both-teams-played-hard
04-28-2006, 12:45 PM
"I don't have any other photos - the item is in New Jersey if you want to see it"

The seller has 80% positive feedback. Seems like NO% customer service...

Yankwood
04-28-2006, 01:45 PM
I'm pretty sure if the guys who worked in the buggy whip factory were still alive when automobiles were produced they would have bought one with all of their profit from the buggy whip boom.:confused:

trsent
04-28-2006, 01:50 PM
:confused:

Sorry, I just think if you work in film is not an excuse not to get into digital if you are selling $10,000.00 jerseys on eBay, which is what this discussion is about.

By the way, I emailed the seller today asking for better photos, as I collect Munson memorabilia and I do not have a jersey in my collection.

Yankwood
04-28-2006, 03:25 PM
Sorry, I just think if you work in film is not an excuse not to get into digital if you are selling $10,000.00 jerseys on eBay, which is what this discussion is about.

By the way, I emailed the seller today asking for better photos, as I collect Munson memorabilia and I do not have a jersey in my collection.I never did. But if I was going to, I would buy one just to make you happy. Your happiness is what drives me.

trsent
04-28-2006, 03:30 PM
I never did. But if I was going to, I would buy one just to make you happy. Your happiness is what drives me.

Don't bother, but if you have a $10,000.00 jersey for sale, spend $60.00 at Best Buy for one already!

Yankwood
04-28-2006, 05:22 PM
Don't bother, but if you have a $10,000.00 jersey for sale, spend $60.00 at Best Buy for one already!Is that really how cheap they are? Maybe they'll take a buggywhip in trade.

trsent
04-28-2006, 11:53 PM
Is that really how cheap they are? Maybe they'll take a buggywhip in trade.

Here you go...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7292468&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat44100050010&id=1118840866998

Yankwood
04-29-2006, 01:06 AM
I still can't bring myself to do it as long as my job is hanging by a thread.

trsent
04-29-2006, 02:36 AM
I still can't bring myself to do it as long as my job is hanging by a thread.

Is that a pun?

Yankwood
04-29-2006, 12:34 PM
Is that a pun?It was actually only 2/3 of a pun-p.u.