PDA

View Full Version : Early MCGWIRE Gamer on ebay???

panthrotc
03-10-2009, 12:16 AM
I know carlie has an early McGwire bat, does this bat look like the early models he used? I am not too famailiar with the bats from 86-87. What do you guys think??

http://cgi.ebay.com/MARK-MCGWIRE-AUTO-GAME-USED-OAKLAND-BAT-JSA-SIGNED-RARE_W0QQitemZ120389303356QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item120389303356&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

chakes89
03-10-2009, 12:29 AM
The JSA Letter is for the autograph only

chakes89
03-10-2009, 12:30 AM
That is kinda misleading if you don't read the whole auction

Rboitano
03-10-2009, 07:25 AM
I am not a fan of any of those LVS pro stock bats that has the team name on the barrel instead if Macs name. For myself, I want to see the players name on the barrel. Their is way to much room to make one of these bats look like a Mcgwire gamer.

ironmanfan
03-10-2009, 07:52 AM
IMO, I like those team labeled bats for autograph purposes

skyking26
03-10-2009, 08:13 AM
I am not a fan of any of those LVS pro stock bats that has the team name on the barrel instead if Macs name. For myself, I want to see the players name on the barrel. Their is way to much room to make one of these bats look like a Mcgwire gamer.
I agree with Bobby here. I know Carlie had one like this. Personal preference thing; but I would never be interested in a bat like this auto'd or not...

Auto is good on this bat.

RK

cjmedina1
03-10-2009, 10:51 AM

You bring up some good points. If the Provence is Rock Solid then how can you go wrong.Of course that the biggest challenge....My bat came from a bat boy during the 1986 season. He was the bat boy for the Memphis chicks. The stars was the visiting team and Daniel was on the visiting team side.After the game he got this bat from Mcgwire.

Carlie Medina III
carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

cjmedina1
03-10-2009, 10:56 AM
Carlie Medina III

Canseco44
03-10-2009, 12:13 PM
It looks like the PSA/DNA letter says that both orders of P89's that year had McGwire's last name branded on the barrel, yet the one pictured does not. Do you know why it say's that. Is it a misprint?

Thanks, Todd

Rboitano
03-10-2009, 05:19 PM
I do not care for PSA letters, doesnt do anything for me. I dont need to pay someone else to tell me I have an authentic item. If the bat was given to a batboy from Mcgwire, I wonder why he did not sign the bat for the batboy. Their is to much room for fraudulant activity with pro stock bats.

mr.miracle
03-10-2009, 05:46 PM
I do not care for PSA letters, doesnt do anything for me. I dont need to pay someone else to tell me I have an authentic item. If the bat was given to a batboy from Mcgwire, I wonder why he did not sign the bat for the batboy. Their is to much room for fraudulant activity with pro stock bats.

Good points, however I will say that it is becoming more and more difficult for me to sell anything on ebay without a PSA or MEARS letter. On anything over $500.00 everybody wants not only the letter but now that is not even good enough. In the last week alone, I had two potential buyers back out on a deal because the cert number on the bat barrel end and the cert # from the LOA was not yet in the PSA database. I had to do a quick turn on a bat I bought which I normally don't do and was told by PSA that the bat had not yet had the cert entered into their database and normally anything coming from John Taube takes about a month or two. It is getting ridiculous when people now think you are faking PSA LOA's, and the hologram sticker as well.

It is sad, but everyone is suspicious of everything. You just can't win.

cjmedina1
03-11-2009, 12:13 AM

So are you saying if this bat wasn't signed by MAC there's issues with the bat? How many baseball players carry sharpies to sign items when they give a person a gift? Are all your bats sign? As for a psa letter i'll agree with you only cause I know my mcgwire bats and if home is done then you shouldnt need some else opinion,But them again it doesn't hurt unless the collector dont have the money to send an item to PSA or mears.

On a side note I remember you offering a 1992 barry cola signature card for one of my bats. Send me an email maybe a deal can be work out :eek: LMAO

Carlie Meidna III

cjmedina1
03-11-2009, 12:25 AM
It looks like the PSA/DNA letter says that both orders of P89's that year had McGwire's last name branded on the barrel, yet the one pictured does not. Do you know why it say's that. Is it a misprint?

Thanks, Todd

Hi Todd

The bat I posted is a team bat. I cant speak for PSA but I think they noted the 2 orders as a reference that matches documented orders in comparing this bat. Giving the familiar game used characteristics and the Provence i believe this bat was used by Mcgwire as psa also...

Carlie Medina III

Rboitano
03-11-2009, 07:25 AM
What happened to the 89 bat you had with the fake autograph on it? OR how about the 88 you had on ebay with the fake autograph that only went up to $300.

Rboitano
03-11-2009, 07:30 AM
You were the one asking for the Barry Cola card, you sent an email out looking for that card and a 87 Donruss.

cjmedina1
03-11-2009, 10:01 AM
What happened to the 89 bat you had with the fake autograph on it? OR how about the 88 you had on ebay with the fake autograph that only went up to $300.

The 1988 bat was bought from HA auctions and was on ebay and didn't sell. I did get an offer for that bat and it was sold. My 1989 gamer was purchase from a member of this site. That bat has recently sold. I bought and sold these bats because they are Mark Mcgwire game used bats.For the record my bats sold only cause i'm raising funds for some test that need to be done for my wife that medical ins don't cover.None of these.As for the donruess special autograph card I'm still looking and have been looking for 9 years and only saw 1 for sale.

We all have our preference on what we like to collect. A question was asked about a team bat on ebay and I used my team bat as a reference.A team bat can be used by a player,proving it is the hard part...

Rboitano I answerd your question,If you dont mind answering the ones I asked? We all have different opinions and there's nothing a matter with it...

Carlie Medina III