PDA

View Full Version : "Dolphin Boy" Latest Manny Bat ebay Forgery!! Please Look!!

gameused
03-09-2009, 03:50 PM
I just posted this in the auction thread, but this thread gets a lot more views.

Here he goes again, ebay seller dolphinboy, real name (Mike Nardone) is at it again. When is this guy going to learn??

Here's his latest ebay Manny Ramirez fraud:

I had a chance to purchase this Manny Ramirez Tamazawa bat in 2008 and had some photos sent to me but passed on the bat because the seller in Boston told me that it basically had no game use or ball marks, just some rack marks and some pine tar.

Looks like Mike got the bat and added some ball marks and wrote Manny's number 24 in silver sharpie. He mentions in his ebay description that Manny's number 24 is on both ends of the bat and you can clearly see in the original top of barrel photo and the end of knob photo that nothing was written on either end when the photos were sent in to me in 2008. The grain on the bat matches up perfectly, so there's no question that this is the same bat that I was offered.

ebay auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/MANNY-RAMIREZ-GA...QQcmdZViewItem (http://cgi.ebay.com/MANNY-RAMIREZ-GAME-USED-RARE-RED-SOX-BM-TAMAZAWA-BAT_W0QQitemZ110361577696QQihZ001QQcategoryZ60596Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Here's his past fraud links below!

Bobby

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ght=dolphinboy (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=4932&page=5&highlight=dolphinboy)

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ght=dolphinboy (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=10067&highlight=dolphinboy)

mbenga28
03-09-2009, 03:54 PM
good catch, what a tool! one time I asked him several questions on a jersey he was selling and he told me he wouldn't answer anymore because I hadn't bidded. this only reinforces my stance to never deal with him!

Number9
03-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Good onfo Bobby, thanks.
As I have said before, I won't buy from him but what worries me is when stuff he handled gets sold 2-3 times and then you don't know it originated with him.

JasonBanz
03-09-2009, 05:44 PM
I have bought a few things from him. I've never had a problem with him. Although one of the items I bought from him, he purchased through Grey Flannel.

gameused
03-09-2009, 06:01 PM
I have bought a few things from him. I've never had a problem with him. Although one of the items I bought from him, he purchased through Grey Flannel.

Jason,

I'm sure a lot of people bought items from dolphinboy and never had a problem. But can you as a customer be 100% sure the items you bought from him were not tampered with?

This guy has a proven track record of forging unused game issued items for the sole purpose of making more money at the buyers expense.

Bobby

1986&2004Bosox
03-09-2009, 06:54 PM
In Dolphinboys defense how do you know that the item was not altered previous to Mike being the owner of the item that it was in unused state when offered to you then pirchased by someone else altered and sold to Mike? He has spent considerable money on steiner and mei grey items, and has a lafrge collection. How can you state that he did the altering?

What if the situation was reversed and someone made those claims agaist you?

Canseco44
03-09-2009, 07:07 PM
I think he is stating this after a mountain of evidence that he has doctored tons of stuff in the past. Type in his name in the search function and get some popcorn. Enjoy!

Thanks, Todd

ndevlin
03-09-2009, 07:15 PM
In gameused's defense, dolphinboy is a crook! I've learned in the past to never buy from him, ever. He ranks up there with Ebay user http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/s.giftim_455qkf (http://myworld.ebay.com/tim_455qkf/).

I'd never ever buy from either of these two.

nationals2k9
03-09-2009, 07:16 PM
I told him I really enjoy his doctored "game used" listings and he replied --

"Comments from you are as useless as the crap you sell.. What's the 600, your weight?"

mwbosoxfan
03-09-2009, 07:18 PM
How can you state that he did the altering?

Did you read the previous threads that Bobby provided links to? The guy has a tremendous history of forging game used bats. When presented with overwhelming evidence, he NEVER acknowledges that the pictures show the bats have been doctored. Any reply he makes basically tells anyone who questions his items "that they don't have a clue", usually included with some expletives! What you suggest is possible, but highly unlikely. Furthermore, he deserves no benefit of the doubt because of his repeated history.

John

nationals2k9
03-09-2009, 07:22 PM
On an unrelated note, I am currently looking for any and all pristine Manny bats along with a bucket of old BP balls and a silver sharpie.

Thanks!

mwbosoxfan
03-09-2009, 07:26 PM
On an unrelated note, I am currently looking for any and all pristine Manny bats along with a bucket of old BP balls and a silver sharpie.

Thanks!

On a further unrelated note, I have all of the above, plus I'll throw in some tape and pine tar for free!

nationals2k9
03-09-2009, 07:28 PM
On a further unrelated note, I have all of the above, plus I'll throw in some tape and pine tar for free!

Sorry, already have tape - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250386283504

mbrieve
03-09-2009, 07:45 PM
In Dolphinboys defense how do you know that the item was not altered previous to Mike being the owner of the item that it was in unused state when offered to you then pirchased by someone else altered and sold to Mike? He has spent considerable money on steiner and mei grey items, and has a lafrge collection. How can you state that he did the altering?

Let me guess, you bought a few things from him?

kellsox
03-09-2009, 08:25 PM

There is a history of highly questionable items that have been doctored passing through dolphinboy's hands so for this item to be brought up should not be shocking. Who cares if is spends a lot of money and has a big collection- does that make him reputable???? Throwing money around doesn't make you legit. You can also tell alot about someone in how he deals with an item in question and based on his responses dolphinboy doesn't seem too open to inquiries. I This is a hobby that is rife with fakes/forgeries/etc.. when a sellers items are called into question and he deals with it in the manner that dolphinboy has, he does himself no favors. Unfortunately it calls into question other legit items that he may have. For most this is a hobby, and I have/will steer clear of his auctions and put my $ elsewhere.
k

TNTtoys
03-09-2009, 08:58 PM
I have done a little research and managed to locate a photo of this seller dolphinboy.

gameused
03-09-2009, 09:02 PM

1986&2004Bosox,

As others have posted, look at his "track record."

Mike has been caught doing this time and time again, the guy is a scum bag and does not care about the game used hobby or the people he sells too, his bottom line is to make money, anyway he can!

So what if he buys Steiner or Mei Gray items, that does not make him a honest seller, just look at the links to Mike's past and present ebay listings, it's all fact and in black and white.

I can honestly tell you the person that offered me the Manny bat in 2008, would never do such a thing. I have been dealing with him for many years now and his Red Sox game used bats are sold as is and are the best is the business. Many of the Red Sox game used bats that I have purchased from him and have sold to other forum members can be photo matched to various Red Sox players hands. I'm sure their are few memebrs who can and will confirm this.

Mike Nardone, AKA Dolphinboy is "guilty" and I want everyone to know about him and his questionable ebay listings, sooner or later it will all catch up to him.

Thanks, Bobby

1986&2004Bosox
03-09-2009, 10:20 PM
I guess I am just stunned that a person who obviously buy's quality items for from top companies would doctor bats to make a small amount of money, if he is purchasing steiner and mei grey jerseys why not just buy the bats as well? Why screw around for nickel's and dimes?

bigtruck260
03-09-2009, 10:33 PM
Why screw around for nickel's and dimes?

Doctoring a Manny bat is potentially hundreds of dollars...not nickles and dimes.

I know that as a collector, I have spent more money than I have had available for some things, and the buyers remorse forced me to remove some items from my collection. Maybe that's what's happening here.

The evidence is overwhelming, disturbing - and frankly upsetting.

Rboitano
03-09-2009, 10:37 PM
Every auction he has the bidders ID is private, thats a red flag to me. He is not the only one out there that has been known to doctor bats.

suicide_squeeze
03-09-2009, 10:47 PM
[quote=1986&2004Bosox;128492]quote]I guess I am just stunned that a person who obviously buy's quality items for from top companies would doctor bats to make a small amount of money, if he is purchasing steiner and mei grey jerseys why not just buy the bats as well? Why screw around for nickel's and dimes?[/

1986&2004Bosox..........How long did you say you've been involved in this business?

You know, it makes me laugh when I see guys like yourself attempt to stand up for guys like this.

They're a dime a dozen. They're right here.....in this forum.....among us.

I for one am not afraind to call a spade a spade. And you, for whatever reason, seem to conduct your business like a defense attorney: Everyone is inncocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

Well Mr Garagos, this is OUR courst of law, and he's GUILTY AS CHARGED.

What compels you to stand up for scum? You making up for prior (and maybe current) conflicts in your own conscious?

I guess I am just stunned that, abscent any proof that he HASN'T created game use on this bat....THIS BAT SOLD TO HIM BY A MEMBER OF THIS SITE WHO CONFIRMED WHO HE SOLD IT TO ON THIS THREAD......that a person who obviously should have seen it all by now, would stand up for a guy who doctor's bats to make money....WHATEVER the amount. Why screw around with your reputation?

No regards whatsoever for scum,

Steve

ndevlin
03-09-2009, 10:55 PM
Every auction he has the bidders ID is private, thats a red flag to me. He is not the only one out there that has been known to doctor bats.

Know who else has the winning bidders set to private? --- tim_455qkf (http://myworld.ebay.com/tim_455qkf/)

Coincidence? I dont think so.

suicide_squeeze
03-09-2009, 11:03 PM

Let me end the suspense for you guys........He's a crook.

Just look at the excellent posted homework of Bobby (gameused).....it's like presenting the DNA evidence to the jury of the O.J. Simpson trial...... with the exception that this time the jury has BRAIN CELLS that work, that can reason, that can look at the obvious, and not be swayed by some rediculous notion set out there by a defense attorney trying to get his "client" off. It's f'in obvious what this guy is doing.

Good work for enlightening the forum, Bobby.:cool:

I mean......how can you have ANY respect for a guy who does these kinds of things......no matter what he buys that's legit from the bigger suppliers of items in our business. I mean.....what kind of reasoning is THAT?

Thats like saying my brother the fireman has saved 6 lives from burning to death in his career, so please, let's overlook the fact that he just chopped up his nagging wife in the backyard with a meat cleaver because he didn't want to hear it anymore, OK?

C'mon, 1986&2004Bosox......get real before you REALLY permanently damage your own standing here. READ whats been given to you here....LOOK at the pictures.

It's not so hard to connect the dots...

gameused
03-10-2009, 03:05 PM
Looks like dolphinboy ended the auction, my guess he read this thread. I just hope he did not sell the bat to one of the uninformed eBay bidders. If not he will probably pass the bat to Sportsworld in Boston. Can anyone forward this post to Phil at Sportsworld?

Thanks, Bobby

Number9
03-14-2009, 02:10 AM
Refresh. Good info Bobby.

Capital-Sports
03-14-2009, 04:31 AM
Thanks for the informative read!